MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any trouble accessing MLU lately? (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10135)

Vets Dottir 2nd 26-04-08 22:30

Access and getting round in forum currently speedy and tickety-boo for me. Very nice when it happens :)

Geoff - I will continue to use the C-30 email for you until I hear otherwise ;)

Alex van de Wetering 29-04-08 12:06

I have had trouble accessing our forum for some weeks now, through www.mapleleafup.org/forums/ . Usually I can access only during the afternoon and not in the morning. Now I am using the class-five link, which seems to work fine for me.

Alex

Lynn Eades 29-04-08 13:05

access

tried 4 or 5 times during the day yesterday and was not able to get in until last night. Been on a few times today, butonly successful about10 percent of the time. Pain in the proverbial....

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 30-04-08 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Eades (Post 97759)
tried 4 or 5 times during the day yesterday and was not able to get in until last night. Been on a few times today, butonly successful about10 percent of the time. Pain in the proverbial....

Lynn, I can only repeat, bookmark all of these links, and try them in order if one doesn't work!

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/

http://mapleleafup.org/forums/

http://tortuga.dnsrouter.com/~mlu/forums/

http://www.class-five.com/~mlu/forums/

Tony Smith 19-08-08 17:59

Downloading thumbnail pics

While MLU has been it's cantankerous self as usual (sometimes get in direct, sometimes via Tortuga), I have had trouble opening thumbnail pics in the last couple of days, with the message coming up that there is a database problem, even on pics I have viewed previously. Anyone else having the same issues? :confused

Phil Waterman 19-08-08 18:17

Yes, I'm having problems opening thumbnails

Tony - Yes there seems to be a problem that comes and goes sometimes I can open the thumb nails (and they open quick) and another time they will give me the data base error message.

The web is wonderful, when it works correctly but when it fails it sure is noticable.

Cheers Phil

Mark W. Tonner 19-08-08 19:23

I've had the same problem ...

... over the past couple of days with thumbnail pics and have received the same error message.

Cheers

Grant Bowker 19-08-08 21:06

Accesing photos

My impression is that when I can access the forum through the MLU.org path I can also access all photos. On the other hand when I can't get in that way and have to go through the Tortuga path, perhaps the servers are having a similar problem viewing images that are referenced through the .org path.

This is only a theory, but seems plausible to me.

hrpearce 19-08-08 22:10

I'm on .org at the moment and still no large pctures, tht makes three daysfor me.

cliff 19-08-08 22:41

I have had a few problems over the past 2 days opening photos but for a long time it has been real slow to open different forums and then different posts when using the MapleLeaf.org address. :doh:

aj.lec 19-08-08 23:06

same here
I have found the same problem with thumbnails and speed on .org and tortuga

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 19-08-08 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj.lec (Post 102455)
same here
I have found the same problem with thumbnails and speed on .org and tortuga

Speed is ok here, but the thumbnail thingy obviously isn't a quirk as I thought this morning. I'll look into it. Later on (when we're less busy) I'll shut down the forum temporarily and run some diagnostics, to make sure this isn't a software problem.

lynx42 20-08-08 00:45

That will be good Jif. Two days without pics is bad news. Hope you find the answer.
Rick

Lynn Eades 20-08-08 12:58

Troubles

Tony, I have the same problem as you and I almost always go in via class five.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 20-08-08 19:10

Sorry for the outage, but I think I have the thumbnail problem solved... :D

Keith Webb 20-08-08 21:37

Thumbnails

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 102489)
Sorry for the outage, but I think I have the thumbnail problem solved... :D

Looks like you have too! :thup:
What was the cause of the problem?

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 20-08-08 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 102493)
Looks like you have too! :thup:
What was the cause of the problem?

Something in the attachmentview script, not sure what... but I had to spend three hours rebuilding more than 22,000 jpgs (incl thumbnails, pics, imported pics and smilies). It was fun... :)

Phil Waterman 20-08-08 23:31

Thanks for the repair job

Hi Geoff

Your efforts have apparently been successful for I can once again acess the thumnail pictures.

Thanks for all the work.

Cheers Phil

hrpearce 21-08-08 08:30

Thanks Jif life is normal again.

aj.lec 21-08-08 10:48

Thanks Jif
Thumbnails working well again :note: :note: :note:

Tony Smith 21-08-08 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 102494)
...but I had to spend three hours rebuilding more than 22,000 jpgs. It was fun... :)

Away with the Pixels at the bottom of the garden? :thup2:

cliff 22-08-08 22:13

For the first time ever I cannot assess MLU through the .org address. Been happening for the past 36 hours or so.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 23-08-08 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff (Post 102549)
For the first time ever I cannot assess MLU through the .org address. Been happening for the past 36 hours or so.

Cliff,

A DNS server problem they've just now managed to fix. I still don't know the details but will publish as/if they come to the forefront.

G.

Stefano Ruggeri 15-09-08 15:06

Geoff,
Afraid to say that getting on to the forum recently seems to be a bit difficult, and I've been having all sorts of problems with the search feature, most recently it told me it had no reference for the word "Fox" :confused.
A massive thank you for your efforts: I don't know how you do it :thup:
Cheers,
Stefano

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 15-09-08 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefano Ruggeri (Post 103394)
Geoff,
Afraid to say that getting on to the forum recently seems to be a bit difficult, and I've been having all sorts of problems with the search feature, most recently it told me it had no reference for the word "Fox" :confused.
A massive thank you for your efforts: I don't know how you do it :thup:
Cheers,
Stefano

Stefano,

That is odd, and thanks for the heads-up; I'll check the search criteria in the Admin panel today.

Tony Smith 15-09-08 15:47

Stefano, the search function requires a minimum number of letters in the word to recognise. The system requires words with a minimum of 4 letters, so it won't find "GM Fox", or "Guy Ant FGT", or "No4 303", or "M-H LP2". You have to use your imagination and use search terms that are related and might uncover a thread of interest, such as "Armoured", "Stowage" or "8446".

Stefano Ruggeri 15-09-08 20:23

Tony,
Well there you go, I always thought I was useless with computers, so now I'm certain!

Barry Churcher 17-09-08 02:17

This is the first I have been able to get on since Saturday evening even through the back door. The message that came up on Sunday was "ACCOUNT CANCELLED". I just about crapped my drawers. No more MLU?? :bang: This morning I still couldn't get on but I could through the back door at the garage.
Whew. Better soon send Geoff a cheque.
Barry

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 17-09-08 03:26

No worries, MLU ain't goin' nowhere... :)