MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Auction: Melbourne Tank Museum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5793)

Bob Moseley (RIP) 05-03-06 11:14

Melbourne Tank Museum

Hi all
This will be a sad day. Just had the heads up that most of the contents of John's collection will be up for auction on Sunday 23 April 2006. Terrible timing with that being just prior to Anzac Day with so many people committed for that event.
Bob

Tony Smith 05-03-06 11:31

Re: Melbourne Tank Museum

Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Just had the heads up that most of the contents of John's collection will be up for auction on Sunday 23 April 2006. Terrible timing with that being just prior to Anzac Day with so many people committed for that event.
And 1 week before the Ganmain auction!

oztankboy 05-03-06 15:11

is there any further info on the auction... like catelog, who are the auctioneers etc as yet?

Phil... :salute:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 05-03-06 21:40

Auction Details

Hi guys
I think they are still finalising the catalogue but I have my finger on the pulse.
Tony, what are the details on Ganmain?
Bob

Keith Webb 05-03-06 22:02

Another finger on a different pulse...

Quote:

Tony, what are the details on Ganmain?
Bob, the Ganmain auction is the famed "Shed full of Sh1t" which I made a page on in January. It's the collection of the Holgate family being disposed of by grandson Howard.

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/collect...cab12/SFOS.jpg

Here's Howard's webpage.

Bob Moseley (RIP) 07-03-06 21:45

Auction Contact Details

Hi all - Here's the latest

Specific information for all lots will be available at www.bonhamsandgoodman.com.au after 1 April. Please feel free to contact me or Giles Moon at giles.moon@bonhams.com

Kind regards,
Kirsty Williams

Bob

Bob Moseley (RIP) 07-03-06 21:52

Ganmain Auction

Thanks Keefy
I remember reading your page and the details now. Just on information overload.
Salesman Bob

Keith Webb 07-03-06 22:15

Re: Ganmain Auction

Quote:

I remember reading your page and the details now. Just on information overload.
Happens to me all the time too, Bob... wouldn't be anything do do with age would it? :confused

Bob Moseley (RIP) 08-03-06 12:23

NEED MORE VEGIMITE.

7 sleeps to go and on the road again. Eat your heart out Tim Tam.

Hanno Spoelstra 08-03-06 17:39

http://www.milweb.net/arcade/melb/

alan coulson 10-03-06 09:00

auction

Melbourne tank museum have an auction on the 23rd april 2006

Tony Smith 21-03-06 11:05

Not only that, there's an auction at the Melbourne tank Museum! Catalogue (with pictures) has been released, seeHERE.

Keith Webb 21-03-06 11:09

Coming?

I expect this is something so momentous you're cancelling the Wanaka trip?

alleramilitaria 21-03-06 16:17

hey keith and tony put me down for lot 258 :D
thanks
:drunk:

Keith Webb 21-03-06 19:19

Going to be interesting

The problem of course is there is SO much coming onto the market at the same time...

There's the Ford F30 ambulance (Lot 218), the Guy Quad Ant (206) but it doesn't state whether that includes the other 2 1/2 chassis and full body he has...

Lot 223 is a 6X6 Ford/Marmon Herrington breakdown No3

Lot 244 is a C60X No4 breakdown

Lot 249 - a F60S with Holmes wrecker

Incredible, isn't it.

Another point to remember is all these require export permits if they are to go outside Australia.

I spoke to John at Corowa and as a result I'll be filming the actual auction.

alan coulson 22-03-06 08:45

I'll take lot 244 thankyou!!

Does anyone know what sort of condition it is in?

Rob Fast 23-03-06 02:05

I'll take lot # 73...

the Bofors box's. and I will give up just about everything I own for Lot 81, the Lynx Scout Car! Beautiful. just beautiful! Cheers Rob

alan coulson 23-03-06 08:53

The auction will be like a bunch of children in a toy shop!!

Keith Webb 23-03-06 10:36

Auction

Like I said it will all be on DVD for either your enjoyment or frustration at not being able to be there to bid.

Keith.

gjamo 23-03-06 11:41

auction

So why does the VMVC put a bid in on the whole lot. They have my $0.50 already

Tony Smith 23-03-06 14:17

John Belfield has had his whole collection on the market for some time now, and for what's there, it was quite a reasonable price he was asking. If you were to individually price each item in the collection, it was a bargain. However, he has SO MUCH excellent and rare stuff, that the total price was beyond the pockets of most. It would be a shame to see the collection broken up piecemeal, but that will be the only way a buyer could afford it. I wonder if a cashed-up buyer could be found whose NZ M113 deal fell through?

Hanno Spoelstra 23-03-06 15:27

Quote:

Originally posted by alan coulson
I'll take lot 244 thankyou!!

Does anyone know what sort of condition it is in?

Alan, see http://www.oldcmp.net/C60X_1.html

Tempting, isn't it? :D

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/Chevs/C...field_0029.jpg

alan coulson 24-03-06 07:47

How could you be so cruel!!

oztankboy 24-03-06 08:19

[QUOTE It would be a shame to see the collection broken up piecemeal, but that will be the only way a buyer could afford it. I wonder if a cashed-up buyer could be found whose NZ M113 deal fell through? [/B][/QUOTE]

But one stumbling blocks is that some of the prized items in the collection would never get an export licence... and too right too!

Hmmm must see if i can pull off a big Lotto win in the next few weeks!

alleramilitaria 24-03-06 14:46

whats the regs on getting a export lic? im looking on getting a set of LP2s.

oztankboy 24-03-06 15:03

Don't quote me but I was informed that the rule of thumb was that there had to be 3 restored examples in house before they would let any others to leave the country.

I don't think you would have too much trouble getting some every day carriers out of here.

Tony Smith 24-03-06 15:06

Quote:

Originally posted by alleramilitaria
whats the regs on getting a export lic? im looking on getting a set of LP2s.
See these 1 and 2 Dept of Environment and Heritage sites.

alleramilitaria 24-03-06 16:42

what do you think about the valantine (outside) getting a exp lic?

Keith Webb 24-03-06 18:59

More info

Thanks for the links, Tony. There is a pdf file which explains it on the first of the pages you noted.

Based on what I've read you'd probably be able to get permits for most of these vehicles except where they had definite history relating to Australians in action. Vehicles such as the experimental tank would be less likely to be approved for export.

Tony Smith 25-03-06 13:57

I have heard through other sources that the AWM has already applied to DEH to veto any permits for either of the Sentinels. John Belfield also has one of the Buna Stuarts (although not the one in the auction) that the AWM would be keen to have.