MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Heads Up: Very interesting auction (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28175)

Niels V 16-11-17 10:15

Very interesting auction

A very interesting auction including a nice FGT cab 13, Limbers, 25pdr, and spares
https://www.bva-auctions.com/auction...r.pageNumber=1 :no4:

Rob Fast 16-11-17 11:06

Amazing tool kit on auction.

https://www.bva-auctions.com/auction/lot/28725/9902039

Rob Fast 16-11-17 12:43

A lot of great kit here. 25pdr. and 17 pdr.

Thanks for the heads up and the link. I have already saved most of the pics for reference. Thanks Rob Fast

rob love 16-11-17 16:14

Yes, lots of nice stuff there for the artillery collector. Do we have a contact in the vicinity who could act as a middle man? More than a few items on there that are on my "must have" list.

Jordan Baker 16-11-17 16:33

Found something I could use too. But I know nothing on the logistics of getting the items back to Canada.

Hanno Spoelstra 16-11-17 17:14

Hi guys,

I plan to go to the viewing days, for just that - viewing (the wife would call it "window shopping").

Please read the Auction information first about payment and the option to have your items shipped by carrier/courier. If you want to bid on parts, I could pick them up for you - but email me first with your plans and to check if I can be of help. I don't want to be suprised by having to pick up a field gun or truck on short notice :D

Cheers,
Hanno

rob love 16-11-17 18:46

Thanks Hanno, I am definitely interested in some assistance.

It's going to be a cold Christmas this year....I think I am about to spend all the utilities money on artillery stuff.

rob love 16-11-17 19:13

So if my google translator is working, the lots for the individual items will run, then the lots for a combination of the individual items will run. If there is a bid for the combination lot, then the individual lots bids go into the toilet. Then, there will be a lot for almost everything artillery. If there is a bid on that lot, then all the bids on the lessor lots go out the window.

So it aint over till it's over.

tankbarrell 16-11-17 20:14

You're not alone there Rob!

Tony Smith 17-11-17 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 244709)
Man, I wish this stuff had just gone onto ebay.

Man, I wish this stuff had just gone onto MLU For Sale or Trade. :teach:

Are both of the 25pdrs Canadian made?

r.morrison 17-11-17 03:59

Trying to figure this out???

:confused I'm going to have to read this over a few times till it sinks in, but when it comes to the "lots", are we comparing this to cable television in Canada. You pay a monthly fee for a 100 channels, of which 90 are crap, only to get the 10 channels you want and watch. I'm interested in a number of items and would do a "non conflict deal" with someone(s) on this side of the pond (Rob/Jordan) if that works. I'm open to suggestions on all of this. In fact, I'm open to an International Trade Deal, if that works.

Throw me a bone someone.........Robert

maple_leaf_eh 17-11-17 05:12

They aren't HMV collectors, but I have Danish relatives if there is a need for a local representative or translator. Send me a PM and I will try to put people together.

r.morrison 17-11-17 06:34

Cheers!

Thanks Terry, I'll keep that in mind...... :thup: Robert

Alex van de Wetering 17-11-17 13:27

Quote:

So if my google translator is working, the lots for the individual items will run, then the lots for a combination of the individual items will run. If there is a bid for the combination lot, then the individual lots bids go into the toilet. Then, there will be a lot for almost everything artillery. If there is a bid on that lot, then all the bids on the lessor lots go out the window.
Yes, and even than the seller can still pull the plug on the deal after the auction ends, if I understand correctly. This is what happened with some of the vehicles in the Army Cars Zwijndrecht auction some time ago. But, that doesn't make winning a lot impossible.
By the way, there is an option to choose language on the website, next to the globe, where is ways "Nederlands"......at least that translates the auction rules.

Quote:

but I have Danish relatives if there is a need for a local representative or translator
Terry, I hope you realise the auction is here in The Netherlands.

Alex

Hanno Spoelstra 17-11-17 15:19

Further to Alex' remarks, please use the links below to get the right information - note there are 2 auctions. This is a very professional auctioneer, so if you want to bid, make sure you can/ want to play by their rules! See the tab "Auction information".

https://en.bva-auctions.com/auction/index/28725
https://en.bva-auctions.com/auction/index/29148

Location is indeed in the Netherlands, viewing day is Saturday next week.

See my posting above: if you want me to help, drop me an email before committing on your bids - unless you want to make use of their suggested transport partners.

HTH, and happy bidding!
Hanno

Rob Fast 19-11-17 01:36

Just some of the artillery I'm missing found at this auction.

5 Attachment(s)
Plus more!

Harlé Sylvain 19-11-17 09:23

hello

I have noted that the ford FGT has a double rear leaf spring, is that original on a cab 13 or a post war modification?

Cheers

Danny Bosma 19-11-17 10:07

Probably see you Saterday Hanno.
It's only 50 kilometers away so we are going to have look as well.
For those who are interested in the 25 pounders would it be wise to contact the auctioneer to see what is needed to get them on transport paperwise.

Marc van Aalderen 19-11-17 14:12

I have been checking the lots a couple of times now. That is not an auction, it's madness! Starting prices are already too high and there will be 21% VAT and 17% auction fees added. If sold outside the Netherlands there will be no VAT. So far there has not been a single bid on any item as far as I have seen.

Regards,

Niels V 19-11-17 14:26

Just correcting my post, apparently the Cab13 FGT has helper springs, but a Cab 13 CGT does not have helper springs, and from the Cab11/12 FGT and CGT I have seen these do not either

Hanno Spoelstra 19-11-17 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Bosma (Post 244807)
For those who are interested in the 25 pounders would it be wise to contact the auctioneer to see what is needed to get them on transport paperwise.

Good point Danny! As guns laws can differ from country to country, one should take into account what paperwork is needed to take guns into possession when picking them up after the auction in the Netherlands.

See you Saturday,
regards,
Hanno

Harlé Sylvain 19-11-17 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niels V (Post 244821)
Harle, from what I know it is not original

Thank you Niels :)

Dusonn 19-11-17 22:00

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlé Sylvain (Post 244805)
I have noted that the ford FGT has a double rear leaf spring, is that original on a cab 13 or a post war modification?

Harlé,
it is a standard FGT cab 13 feature. I have that on mine too.

Harlé Sylvain 20-11-17 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusonn (Post 244838)
it is a standard FGT cab 13 feature. I have that on mine too.

Hello
Ok ,thank you, that's why I haven't on my fGT CaB 12 :)

Cheers

Bert den Brok 21-11-17 19:05

Information about the VAT

Dear visitors,

In reply to Marc van Aalderen to give the right information here about the VAT, there wouldn’t be charging VAT.
Not for international buyers or Dutch buyers as well, cause it’s a privat sale. Check out the preview of the total bid amount when you add a lot of your interest in your “My Lots / Favorites”

The auction fee is 17% over the netto bid and over that amount must the auction company (BVA) charge VAT of 21%, so the total auctionfee/”veilingkosten” comes to 20,57%.
Below an example of the screenshot.

The auction company can also helping you to connect some transport companies.

Best regards,
Bert den Brok

r.morrison 22-11-17 15:40

Something so simple.....

:bang: So Gentlemen....Why is it that when you go to register for the auction, the section that says create account only comes up in the Dutch language. Even after you have clicked on English language. I phoned there and they weren't at all helpful, claiming my computer had "cookies" in it. Not buying this, especially when this is an International Auction House. Anyone shed some light on this to the computer illiterates of the world!

Many thanks.....Robert

rob love 22-11-17 16:07

I got my registration in English...perhaps clear your cookies?

Not that it got me that much further. I got so far, then I had to enter a 4 digit number they are supposed to text to me. That was a dead end...I tried a half dozen times and nothing on my cell.

Perhaps we both need teenagers to register for us?

r.morrison 23-11-17 03:44

:bang: :bang: :bang: Well Rob....its not teenagers we need, its the server on BVA's end. I had exactly the same problem as you. I cleared "cookies" and started to register and ran into the same dead end when it came to those 4 numbers they were supposed to text me. It just comes up "connection to server has failed." I will try to contact them via email to see if that helps. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers....Robert

r.morrison 23-11-17 04:09

Bingo!!!

Okay....my internationally famous computer guru Curtis Unger, FINALLY got me into the site AND REGISTERED! Turns out that this web site is somewhat squeemish about using Gmail or Hotmail accounts. Rob, if you have a Shaw account or Telus account, use that. And it also seems it's designed for the European crowd. So vat are vee....chopped liver!!! Hopefully it all goes well. Hanno....I've got you as back up, just in case!
I'll check it out and keep you posted.

Cheers.....Robert :thup:

Hanno Spoelstra 23-11-17 21:28

Please note the pick up days have changed to Thursday 7 December 2017 for auction #1 and Friday 8 December for auction #2.

HTH,
Hanno