MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Military Shows & Events (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kingston Ontario Event August 2014 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21629)

david moore 06-02-14 19:18

Kingston Ontario Event August 2014

Just a heads-up that our local MV group is planning a 2 day event Aug 16/17 2014 following up on last year's successful, though very wet, event. This date does clash with the Essex military muster but our catchment from Kingston area and generally East of here don't usually make that 7 hour + trek so, hopefully, no dilution there; none intended!

We will have camping (with showers!) and will be sharing the site/event with the Homesteader Days at the Odessa (just NW of Kingston on the 401) Fairgrounds.

More details to follow

Robin Craig 06-02-14 23:45

David,

Great news on the event.

I assume we can camp with our vehicles and not miles away.

Wonder what they will think to just a wee camp fire and marshmallows?

I will have some relatives visiting from overseas during that time so I will make sure I come and camp out and see if one or two come along!

Will we be doing any kind of roll past?

R

david moore 07-02-14 17:36

Kingston MV Event

Hi Robin

Yes, we plan a narrated roll past one or two times each day. Several details still to be sorted but Homesteaders, who are the official site renters for that weekend are very welcoming to us and more or less have offered whatever layout we want. We plan an overnight encampment with vehicles mixed in. Parking for modern vehicles and trailers available but away from the encampment.

Since the fairground is privately owned, not municipally, we hope for some slack re camp fire etc. Not sure yet but demil weapons probably OK especially if with re-enactors/vehicles. There will be militaria vendors and hopefully some MV parts vendors.

Layout etc to be determined but we plan a tightly organised event.

Marc Montgomery 09-02-14 14:54

Tres Cool! Love to go to Essex but as you say.. too far away.. and I hope this Kingston area event grows.

I hope to be there.. surprised at the good turnout of vehicles last year in spite of the deluge...(which unfortunately kept tourists away)

david moore 09-02-14 15:02

Kingston Event August

Thanks Marc.
The good thing about going along with the Homesteader Event is that they do lots of advertising at no cost to us and will attract many people who are non-MV but who will definitely wander over to our area.

Jon Bradshaw 16-03-14 06:57

Plan to be in the area at that time.

Hello David

I plan on being in the area at that time and am familiar with the Odessa location.

Is there a membership/ registration website or is it just through this site?

I was thinking I could bring a ferret, it is stored about an hour away.

Robin and I could sit and talk around his campfire with marshmallows...

Jonathan Bradshaw

maple_leaf_eh 16-03-14 17:13

I put the weekend on the kitchen calendar. Events in May, July and now August.

david moore 19-03-14 13:25

Kingston Bivouac Event

Jon
Thanks for your message. No formal website booking so far but we may set that up. Your attendance noted and very welcome. We would love to have your Ferret attend!