MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   COROWA - THE EVENT (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Corowa 2007 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6872)

phoenix 05-09-06 02:21

Corowa 2007

Yeah, I know, it's a while away, but I thought i'd stick my head up and see who might be going in 07. Year of the staff car and motorbike from memory.

I'm rather excited because i'll be traveling over on the boat this year to attend along with a couple of others from the club :cheers:

Ian Pullen 05-09-06 08:33

Corowa 07

We are planning on having a few entries for 07 from the Bandi Museum

Jeff Gordon 09-09-06 13:03

I will be comming down with my BSA M20
Jeff :cheers:

Tony Smith 09-09-06 23:35

Re: Corowa 2007

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix
Yeah, I know, it's a while away....
For those who like to plan ahead, or might possibly be travelling from overseas, this is the list of forecasted themes:

2007: Year of the Staff Car and Cycle
2008: Year of the Tracked Vehicle
2009: Year of the Amphib vehicle +CMP (30th Anniv of Corowa)
2010: Year of the Jeep

Ian Pullen 10-09-06 01:35

Corowa

It's fantastic that they have announced the themes so far in advance. It gives you plenty of planning time to finish the odd job on your vehicle and organise transport if required.
Good on ya guys........

Mike Kelly 10-09-06 14:09

Petrol

Gawd,

By 2010 petrol will be 5 bucks a litre ...... I think WW1 horse drawn wagons will be the most popular vehicles at Corowa by 2010 , you feed em hay and oats . Take 3-4 days to get there , plenty of feed along the way on the roadside .

I have some pics of the first Corowa here somewhere . I went for the first five years , then a long break . There was a VW Swim wagon thing at one of the early events . Somebody raised eyebrows by turning up in a German military police uniform and going down to the RSL for dinner !

There were races held across the lagoon in Jeep trailers , swimmers pushing them along , the NSW AMVCS beat the Vics .
In the early days , Uptons yard was a scroungers dream , not forgetting Plumbs in Wodonga .

Mike

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 20-09-06 18:29

Re: Re: Corowa 2007

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Smith
For those who like to plan ahead, or might possibly be travelling from overseas, this is the list of forecasted themes:

2007: Year of the Staff Car and Cycle
2008: Year of the Tracked Vehicle
2009: Year of the Amphib vehicle +CMP (30th Anniv of Corowa)
2010: Year of the Jeep

Dates, please. After all, I DO have to get my irascible old arse down your way one of these years, if for no other reason than to teach you Ozians some manners as practiced in the CIVILIZED world... :teach: :p :smoker:

Richard Farrant 20-09-06 21:32

Re: Re: Re: Corowa 2007

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Dates, please. After all, I DO have to get my irascible old arse down your way one of these years, if for no other reason than to teach you Ozians some manners as practiced in the CIVILIZED world... :teach: :p :smoker:
Geoff,

Dates are Mon 12th March to Sun 18th March 2007, check out their website;

www.users.on.net/~tosty/corowa/corowa.htm

Richard

Bob Moseley (RIP) 22-09-06 06:17

Corowa 2007

Hi all

One hundred and seventy sleeps to go. With all this fore-planning I'll be able to design hats well in advance.

Salesman Bob

Tony Smith 22-09-06 16:13

Re: Re: Re: Corowa 2007

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Dates, please. After all, I DO have to get my irascible old arse down your way one of these years,... :teach: :p :smoker:
The dates for Corowa "Week" are determined by a wizened Zoroastrian Monk using an arcane method that includes referring to the phases of the moon, the entrails of a virgin chicken and multiplied by the balance of this week's beer budget.
Alternatively, Corowa is generally held in the week following the 2nd Tuesday of March. Remarkably, the second method corrolates very closely with the first! :teach:

Richard Farrant 22-09-06 20:12

Re: Re: Re: Re: Corowa 2007

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Smith
The dates for Corowa "Week" are determined by a wizened Zoroastrian Monk ........
Tony,

Something to do with it being the week following the Victorian long weekend........as as we call it, a Bank Holiday. If my memory serves me ;)

Richard

Howard 05-10-06 03:31

Corowa

We will be there for the first time, without Blitz...
"We" means myself, Jo & Kids. And Tony of course.
Look foward to puting some faces to a few names.
Howard

gjamo 05-10-06 07:17

Corowa

I,ll be there always fortunately coincides with the opening weekend of duck session. Keep your heads down on the river.

Keith Webb 05-10-06 08:18

Re: Corowa

Quote:

Originally posted by Howard
We will be there for the first time, without Blitz...
"We" means myself, Jo & Kids. And Tony of course.
Look foward to puting some faces to a few names.
Howard

And going for a ride in a DUKW (not the sort they shoot at these days).

Ian Pullen 05-10-06 10:44

It's WABBIT SEASON..........

Vets Dottir 12-01-07 00:05

Re: Re: Corowa

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
And going for a ride in a DUKW (not the sort they shoot at these days).
YAPPY IN A DUKW ON THE WATER???????????????????? :smoker:

phoenix 12-01-07 00:14

That I think is the sole reason that my wife is coming I think, to get a ride in one of the amphibians :rolleyes :yappy: :yappy:

Vets Dottir 12-01-07 02:43

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix
That I think is the sole reason that my wife is coming I think, to get a ride in one of the amphibians :rolleyes :yappy: :yappy:
I can TOTALLY relate to her :p :yappy: :D

Vets Dottir 12-01-07 02:46

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian Pullen
It's WABBIT SEASON..........
:fry: Tis NOT!!! It's DUKW season!!!! :p

alleramilitaria 12-01-07 04:05

its roo seasion:kangaroo :kangaroo :kangaroo :kangaroo :kangaroo :kangaroo :kangaroo

Vets Dottir 12-01-07 05:33

Quote:

Originally posted by alleramilitaria
its roo seasion
NO :fry: NO :fry: NO :fry: NO :fry: NO :fry:Tisn't!!! It's DUKW season! :fry:

Ma Yappy :p

oztankboy 12-01-07 15:08

1 Attachment(s)
Just to add my 2 cents worth to the way this thread is going!

Rob Dyba 15-01-07 01:22

Rubber Duckie

We'll be there but I think I'll leave my rubber duckie at home now.......

Rob

alleramilitaria 15-01-07 01:25

when is it going to be year of the Morris??? or even year of the english blitzes?

Vets Dottir 15-01-07 01:42

Re: Rubber Duckie

Quote:

Originally posted by robobmc
We'll be there but I think I'll leave my rubber duckie at home now.......

Rob

Yes, I can understand where you're coming from, I think you military types like the heavy metal dukkies better than the rubber ones :D :D :D

alleramilitaria 15-01-07 01:47

first we let em have shoes, then we let em out of the house, then we let em vote..... now they make fun of our hobby.

i say back to the stove woman, ow yea and paint that puppy green while ya make me dinner :D

too far?

by the way im just kidding
thats for removing the picture :cheers:

Vets Dottir 15-01-07 01:47

Quote:

when is it going to be year of the Morris??? or even year of the english blitzes?
Not THIS year, as Corowa 2007 has been declared is The "Year of the Kartmann" by (see below)

Quote:

Thirdly, I hereby rename Corowa 2007 as:

THE YEAR OF THE KARTMANN

Salesman Bob
:smoker: :cheers: :D

Kartmann

phoenix 19-02-07 07:01

Well, I know that a few of you guys know what one another look like, ad what vehicles you drive, but it's my first trip to corowa, so how about some pics of vehicles and maybe faces from in here that I should be keeping an eye out for?

This is the FFR Land Rover that I will be driving, i'll have to have a look around to find a photo of me though :yappy:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ver/jan07e.jpg

Vets Dottir 19-02-07 07:13

Quote:

first we let em have shoes, then we let em out of the house, then we let em vote..... now they make fun of our hobby.

i say back to the stove woman, ow yea and paint that puppy green while ya make me dinner :D

too far?

by the way im just kidding
thats for removing the picture :cheers:

Hey ,,, how the heck did I miss out on seeing and replying to your cheek here before now? :bang:

Ok cheeky one ... here's a link for you to get with the program :devil: :D :p (just kidding)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~irgeo/amp.htm

I'm all for fair equalizing for all.

Ma Yappy Strikes Again ....

Ian Fawbert 19-02-07 07:52

Here you go!

I`m heading down friday arvo after work with the jeep on the trailer, rolling about saturday, then heading back middday sunday. Short trip i know for a long way, but hey, i`m young! what else do i have to do!

Look out for GPW 11730, 1942 Script body. ARN 161520 on the bonnet/rear (still to be painted!) and i wont be far away! (especially if you start atttacking it with a spanner and wandering off with the F marked goodies it holds!)

I'll try post a pic of it tomorrow for you all to keep an eye out for, as i`m at work at the moment.

Cheers,
Ian.