MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Logging Out (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12285)

Bob Moseley (RIP) 18-01-09 12:18

Logging Out

Why do I continue to be logged out whilst I am on the site. Most annoying especially when PM-ing.

Bob

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 18-01-09 14:06

Bob,

First of all, please ensure your idiot box is set up to accept cookies... if it's not, you will time out in about 20 minutes. On MLU as well, "3rd party cookies" don't matter a damn as I am NOT linked to any other site such as advertising etc... have no fear.

Then, clear your browser cache, cookies and history and reboot. You should be fine from then on.

If you do get a crash when sending, hit your back button before punching out the screen - it may save your text so you can try again.

Regards PMs, email etc, I've found out the hard way that if I want to ensure something I've said gets sent, I Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C the copy I've just typed and paste it into a text editor for safe keeping BEFORE I try to send it - that way if it crashes I can just bring up the app again and Ctrl-V the copy into the box and then send it. It's saved me a lot of frustration a few times... :)

Keep me posted.

Jif

Tony Smith 18-01-09 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 108211)
Why do I continue to be logged out whilst I am on the site? Most annoying.

Bob

Can't you take a hint? :no4:

:D :D :thup:

Hanno Spoelstra 18-01-09 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 108221)
Can't you take a hint? :no4:

I'm having the same problem lately. Watch out Bob, I think they are aiming someting at us. . . .

- Hanno

Bob Moseley (RIP) 18-01-09 23:33

Hanno

Er zijn altijd mensen die om onderaan de steruitvoerders proberen te nemen. Nochtans zullen wij heersen en zullen overwinnen.

:D Bob

aj.lec 19-01-09 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 108211)
Why do I continue to be logged out whilst I am on the site. Most annoying especially when PM-ing.

It logs me out at quarter past every hour :confused

Phil Waterman 19-01-09 16:20

Had not noticed the quarter hour disconnect

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj.lec (Post 108257)
It logs me out at quarter past every hour :confused

Until you mentioned it I had not noticed that it was dropping me out on the quarter hour even if I was actively reading threads or in the process of writting a response.

Cheers Phil

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 19-01-09 19:28

Quarter Hour

Since Friday I've begun to receive dozens of email alerts, all based upon the 1/4 hour mark. I myself have not been logged out, but that may because I'm an Admin; having said that, I'm trying to sort this. One of the things which I shall do in the next day or so is download vBulletin 3.8.0 to upgrade my v3.7.3; I'll try to give you some notice on this.

After that, if the same errors recur I shall be in direct touch with the vBulletin folks regarding this problem.

Thanks for your understanding, sorry for the inconvenience.

Jif

Alex Blair (RIP) 19-01-09 21:16

Buggy Problem...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Waterman (Post 108262)
Until you mentioned it I had not noticed that it was dropping me out on the quarter hour even if I was actively reading threads or in the process of writting a response.

Cheers Phil

Phil..
I had a buggy problem like that one time....This drunken chick kept hammering on my door late one night.....
I finally got up and let her out..... :drunk:

:remember :drunk: :support :thup:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 21-01-09 21:18

Upgrade Done

With the upgrade now in place, please keep me posted on whether or not you're still being kicked out at 15 past the hour... :teach:

Phil Waterman 21-01-09 23:23

YUP - Just got bounced at 5:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 108350)
With the upgrade now in place, please keep me posted on whether or not you're still being kicked out at 15 past the hour... :teach:

Hi Geoff

Yes, it is still kicking (logging me off) at the quarter hours. Or at least at 15 minutes past the hour, on the dot. Just relogged in and stayed on through the half hour without a problem.

Can understand your frustration, ISP server for my own web page just changed the administrative password, for the third time in a year. Everytime someone makes a concerted effort (5-10 tries) to hack into the site they change the pass word and notifiey me. Only problem everynow and then I don't get the e-mail notification which means I log in and try and if I try more than 5 times they change it again.

Thanks for all the work to keep MLU up and running.

Phil Waterman 22-01-09 14:21

Bounced at 08:15

Hi Geoff

Right on the dot of 08:15 the system logged me out. Will check the other quarter hours durning the course of the day.

Thanks once again for all the effort with MLU.

Cheers Phil

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 22-01-09 15:35

I'm playing a bit with the session cookie intervals, so please keep me posted on when and how often you are being logged out, and if it's while you're doing something or while you're inactive.

Others who haven't spoken up on this issue, please also tell me your experiences related to this! When I have enough information I'll take this to vBulletin for investigation.

Thanks,

Jif

Hanno Spoelstra 22-01-09 16:18

So far so good on this end! :thup:

H.

hrpearce 22-01-09 18:58

Hi Jif,
I still get logged out at a quarter past but a pop up login apears at the next mouse click and if I use it I don't loose my place.

Bob Moseley (RIP) 30-01-09 23:22

1/4 Hour

Hi Jif - I keep getting logged out at 1/4 to the hour which is the same as 1/4 past the hour for our eastern staters.

Bob

Bill Murray 31-01-09 02:33

I am absolutely enjoying this thread in the last few days.

For months, even years, I have had the problems described lately because I insist on maintaining my account with AOL.

My Best Mate, Jif, and by the way Happy Birthday from me also, has been very accomodating in trying to make the Forum do a handshake with AOL.

I take great pleasure in saying that I am not experiencing any, no make that none, of the problems I have read about here in the last month or so.

So, maybe all of you not using AOL as your ISP should change to my choice. :devil:

Bill

Bob Moseley (RIP) 22-02-09 00:23

Grrr Grrr Grrr

Still getting logged out at 1/4 to the hour.

:mad: Bob

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 22-02-09 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 109973)
Still getting logged out at 1/4 to the hour.

:mad: Bob

Now Bob, don't be such a silly bunt. It's because you live in SA, which as we all know is a half-hour ahead of everybody in VIC or NSW. If you moved there instead of living in Adelaide, you'd be getting logged out at 1/4 past the hour like everybody else.... so get with the program! Aside from that, it might ease your border-raiding problems. So there. :D

I'm aware of this problem - which is actually server-related - and am working on some way of fixing same. If it takes changing servers, I will. :teach:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 22-02-09 01:55

Time Zones

Hi Jiff - now I know what the problem is. You are under the misconception that SA is half an hour ahead of the eastern states, in fact we are half an hour behind them. They just don't know what the right time is. So clock that.

:teach: Bob :D

Bob Moseley (RIP) 09-11-10 11:49

Just an update. Still getting logged out on the 1/4 to the hour. I live with it but it still is a pain.

Bob

cliff 10-11-10 20:57

in the past 2 weeks I have started getting Server Error messages and can't get into the forum at all. Was off line all day yesterday. First time this has happened for months. :nono:

Lynn Eades 10-11-10 22:41

Cliff

Same over here

Bob Moseley (RIP) 15-03-11 01:22

Whoopie

Hi all - looks like the move to the new format has stopped me being logged out every quarter to the hour. No more clock watching.

:D :D Bob :D :D

Keith Webb 15-03-11 05:13

Excellent

We were beginning to think the forum thought there was something odd about you. :no4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 144370)
Hi all - looks like the move to the new format has stopped me being logged out every quarter to the hour. No more clock watching.

:D :D Bob :D :D

Bob Moseley (RIP) 15-03-11 07:48

Hhhmmmm!!!

Excuse me Mr. WEBB, I was not the only one experiencing this problem.

:no4: Bob