MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Crew tent poles / frame elements (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27176)

Robin Craig 02-04-17 03:08

Crew tent poles / frame elements

1 Attachment(s)
Good day,

does anyone have a source for a complete set of poles for the tent shown here please?

Thanks in advance

Robert Bergeron 02-04-17 04:07

Also interested in a set of poles . Cheers

Greg 05-04-17 18:10

Tent Poles

Hi Robin,

Pm sent.

Cheers,
Greg

Robert Bergeron 05-04-17 20:30

Hey... what about me ?

The chance of you having two sets is remote , I know.

Cheers.

maple_leaf_eh 06-04-17 04:35

What's the NATO Stock number? I can check for the name of the manufacturer.

Robert Bergeron 06-04-17 05:02

Hey Terry , i am 5000 km from home ( Van Island ) so can't look it up on my tent. Why in hell were they disposed of without the poles ? We are talking about the armoured crew tent . Nice tent but was sold surplus without the poles go figure.

Greg 07-04-17 03:52

Tent poles

Hi Robert,
I will check and see if I have a second set.

Cheers
Greg

maple_leaf_eh 07-04-17 21:00

the tent and its components plus the NSN

1 Attachment(s)
Another view of the Tent, 4 Man 8340-21-886-0267. I have the checklist as a *.pdf if you want to msg me privately.

The poles are aluminum and typically the Supply Tech sorts by material not necessarily by checklist - rubber in the rubber bin, fabric, leather etc, and aluminum into the aluminum bin. Which is why modular tent poles are so hard to find.

Robert Bergeron 07-04-17 23:45

Thanks Greg, much appreciated.

Terry I will send a PM pronto. I am curious about that list.

I was always envious of the armoured guys because of that tent.

We had to huddle under hooches we made with two ground sheets zipped up together with absolutely no protection from wind and bugs.

That tent , while heavy ( I would not of wanted to carry it on my back ) is one very nice piece of kit.

If I can find poles for it , it will accompany me at re-enactments and to events I will participate in the future with my vehicles.

rob love 08-04-17 01:03

Personally I preferred the back of the MLVW MRT. Lots of heaters, electric boiling vessel, mirror for shaving, drainpan for birdbaths, colour TV with VCR, small fridge, and a bedspace so comfortable there was no need for the sleeping bag. Heck, there were even tools, a workbench, and spare parts for when a guy got bored.

BCA 08-04-17 02:50

To pile on to this thread, I am looking for a ragged tent to reclaim the hooks and repair one of my tents. Also I would like to find 2 or 3 of the fly's (before I try to make them). In a pinch I think that these style of poles can be sourced from commercial tent companies: perhaps Mountain Equiment. Etc. .. Brian

Robin Craig 08-04-17 04:01

Greg,

Thanks for the PM. Yes I will make contact, I am due to be on your road in the near future by appointment for another matter. I will touch base ahead of time.

Brian, the curved aluminum part is the piece that eludes most people.

Greg 08-04-17 04:21

Tent poles

Hi Robin,

Looking forward to hearing from.
I believe that I have some of the storage bags as well.

Cheers
Greg

Greg 12-04-17 17:44

Tent poles

Hi Robert

I found a second set.
Sent you a pm.

Cheers
Greg

Robin Craig 12-04-17 23:25

I will take one set of poles and twp bags if you have them please

Robert Bergeron 12-04-17 23:37

Thanks Greg.

I will be sending you a reply.

Cheers from Esquimalt BC.

Robert

Darrell Zinck 08-09-17 21:46

Hi

So who needs poles still?

....and not a second set either!! :D

Send me a PM. :)

regards
Darrell

rob love 08-09-17 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh (Post 236329)
The poles are aluminum and typically the Supply Tech sorts by material not necessarily by checklist - rubber in the rubber bin, fabric, leather etc, and aluminum into the aluminum bin. Which is why modular tent poles are so hard to find.

Because the tent has a checklist, you do not condemn the whole tent but rather deal with each piece individually as required. The tent and the fly are each A class, so if you have one of these items that are ripped, it goes to the materials tech who makes a decision as to whether to repair it or condemn it. If condemned, then the tent or fly goes into the textiles triwall and gets sold as scrap textiles. meanwhile the poles ( c class) and the case (A class) have never left the original unit. You then re-order which ever item was condemned to replace the one scrapped.

If the poles are damaged, they are C class and merely tossed into the scrap metal bin, and new ones ordered.

So why don't they just condemn the whole tent set? Because if you go to order the whole assembly under the NSN Terry gave, it tells you to order the individual items, so you would be in even deeper workload than you are just dealing with the individual items.

I saw in the past where the mat techs condemned a MLVW security cage after a minor accident on the truck. I had to have them confirm that is what they wanted to do 3 times, and that was what they wanted. So with the security cage now gone, the losing unit found out they had to re-order every piece to the cage (dozens and dozens of items, many of which were A class, which is like ordering them 3 times by the time you were done)rather than just the 4 or 5 sections that were actually damaged. They were not happy.

The old cage still adorns the old deuce in front of the MooseJaw armouries.

Wayne Hingley 14-06-21 01:55

Any more poles out there?

Im looking for poles for these tents. Hoping someone might have extras...
Thanks!

Jacques Rioux 14-06-21 04:44

Tent parts

I believe that I have the centre section of the pole. The one with the 4 " small legs" to attach the longer legs. I will need to dig them up when I hav a moment. Send me a PM as a reminder and I will get back to you

Wayne Hingley 14-06-21 05:53

PM sent Jacques. I look forward to seeing what you find. Thanks.

derk derin 14-06-21 20:03

Why dispose of tents without poles??????

I brought home a box of the old grey blankets from our surplus store so it was straight out of service and every one was cut in half!! Why would you have to de-militarize a blanket? The one that hurt the most was the one with the C Broad arrow on it!
A shame.
Derk