MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   All the best for the holidays and new year. (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28319)

r.morrison 22-12-17 04:41

Before It's Too Late........

Gentlemen......Just want to take a moment to wish one and all MLU'ERS World Wide a very Merry Christmas AND a Happy Prosperous, Safe and Healthy New Year. As always.... I have enjoyed the contents, the skills, the craftsmanship, the knowledge and educational aspect of this forum. And, as I might add.... very well run by our Illustrious Leader Hanno and Associates. To one and all....BEST OF THE SEASON!...... :cheers: Robert

PS: FOR GOD'S SAKE PHIL....no more scares like last year....just videos! R. :thup:

hrpearce 22-12-17 06:37

I too would like to wish all members a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year. :cheers:
Thank you to all who keep MLU up and running. :salute:
My last Christmas at Yaven Creek, moving in March 2018. :D

Dave Mills 22-12-17 09:22

Same to you Rob, just finished work for the year and am starting to slow down. Sitting in the humid heat knocking beers down range with the neighbours and enjoying the lead up to Christmas with the family. Mate, still thinking fondly of our visit to your wonderful country and your hospitality. :drunk: :drunk:

Cheers,

Dave.

Robin Craig 22-12-17 13:47

As we sit in the middle of another snow fall, I am thankful for the friends made in this hobby and the connections and some great advice on many topics and good times at events.

Thank you all, and a very Happy Christmas.

jdmcm 22-12-17 18:52

To all my friends and comrades worldwide, Merry Christmas, happy holidays and all the best for the next year...I am thankful for the friends and family I have and have learned to cherish the time I have as a gift

Regards
John

Keith Webb 22-12-17 22:00

Merry Christmas everyone

Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous 2018.

Hanno Spoelstra 23-12-17 10:13

1 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018!

I thought this photo by Paul Clark to be very fitting

Attachment 96485

David Dunlop 23-12-17 14:57

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

David

RichardT10829 23-12-17 21:51

All the best for the holidays and new year.

As per the title folks, let me take this moment to wish you all a happy festive holiday and may 2018 bring you happiness, fantastic luck and all the carrier spares you need to complete your projects

Cheers

Richie

(And no I am not pissed) :cheers:

RichardT10829 25-12-17 11:43

1 Attachment(s)
Corr!

Lack of spirit round these parts these days guys :D

hrpearce 25-12-17 12:09

There was another thread "before it's to late" had some responces.
All the best for 2018 :cheers:

Hanno Spoelstra 25-12-17 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 246040)
There was another thread "before it's to late" had some responces.
All the best for 2018 :cheers:

Indeed - threads merged as I think it is best to combine all the best wishes for 2018 in one spot!

Ho Ho Ho Hanno :D

Phil Waterman 25-12-17 22:23

Merry Christmas from Beauty and the Beast & News Year Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All

We had snow on Christmas Even and in to Christmas Day. So took BEAST for a Christmas Drive.

Attachment 96537

https://youtu.be/wyvqCHS0o2k

Now as to the New Years Drive Challenge yes lets see who's first but also what the weather is like in your part of the woods.

Robert yes my plans are not to repeat last year.

Cheers Phil

PS Still having trouble embedding you tube videos.

Hanno Spoelstra 25-12-17 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Waterman (Post 246050)
We had snow on Christmas Even and in to Christmas Day. So took BEAST for a Christmas Drive.

That's great, I see you actually need to have an army truck to get out of, or to of your place in weather like that! :thup2:

Quote:

PS Still having trouble embedding you tube videos.
In the current version of the Forum software one cannot embed video's, just post the link like you did to share a video.

Ho Ho Ho Hanno

hrpearce 26-12-17 00:28

A very different Christmas for us this year. Instead of all the cooking, cleaning and making beds for visitors we drove to Canberra and had a catered lunch at the Ainslie football club. Nice and relaxing and no kitchen work.
All the best for the new year.

Robert Bergeron 26-12-17 01:32

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year . Went to the hangar today to clear the snow. Will go for a ride in the Carrier tomorrow . Lost my beloved mother in law yesterday . I wanted but could not ride the Carrier today. My wife could of tought i was celebrating ! Tomorrow will do just fine in the circumstances . Cheers and all the best !

Jordan Baker 26-12-17 05:48

3 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Like Phil I took my running vehicle out for a spin. Maybe XMas 2018 I'll have the CMP out.

rob love 26-12-17 06:18

Merry Christmas to all.

It's way to cold to be even leaving the house today, and tomorrow will just be worse. And this is supposed to continue into the following week. Forget about driving any CMPs around for the next while...it would be life threatening.

I will abandon ship come the New Year and head for Mexico.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-52_metric_e.html

Phil Waterman 26-12-17 13:50

-27 C just seem colder than -16 F

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 246073)
Merry Christmas to all.

It's way to cold to be even leaving the house today, and tomorrow will just be worse. And this is supposed to continue into the following week. Forget about driving any CMPs around for the next while...it would be life threatening.

I will abandon ship come the New Year and head for Mexico.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-52_metric_e.html

Hi Rob

Thanks for the link to Canadian Weather link, fun to see what the weather is in different parts of Canada. Here is the US version NOAA site http://f1.weather.gov/MapClick.php?l...8#.WkJDiJgo7ML

Right now it is a balmy -9 C here in Temple, NH this morning. You can change the location of the forecast location top left corner.

Cheers Phil

rob love 26-12-17 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Waterman (Post 246089)
Hi Rob

fun to see what the weather is in different parts of Canada

Yes, it is very fun :(

If you look up Nanavut then Alert, you will see that our temps are actually colder than the North Pole right now. Alert is about 500 miles from the pole and is the most Northern inhabited area in the world. I went there back in 1981, and it was also significantly colder when I landed back in Winnipeg than it was up there.

There are, of course, others who have it worse. In Fort Severn Ontario, it is currently -44.8°C, which is pretty darn cold. I hope they cut lots of firewood last fall.

Robert Bergeron 26-12-17 22:22

1 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all . It was minus 15 C this afternoon . Went for a ride in the Carrier .Installed the blanking board in front of the radiator and a map case over the engine air exhaust grill to keep the engine at a nice temperature . By the way what would be an ideal temperature please ?

Phil Waterman 26-12-17 23:11

Jeep looks great

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Baker (Post 246071)
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Like Phil I took my running vehicle out for a spin. Maybe XMas 2018 I'll have the CMP out.

Hi Jordan

Great photos, your photo answers a question I've had about the litter Jeep version for years. Are the litters carried on the windshield and from your photos can clearly see that they are not. Have you ever had anybody ride on the rack, wonder what the ride is like? Does it seem to sway side to side?

Cheers Phil

Hi Robert
Hows the Carrier do in snow does it want to slide side ways? With all the air blocked off the engine could come up to temperature, how about the driver or was it just layers on layers. Couple days before this latest snow we had an ice storm on top of couple of inches of snow. The freezing rain really laid down a layer of ice under this latest puffy powder, easy to break traction.

Glad other people enjoy getting out in the cold with their MVs.

Cheers Phil

Robert Bergeron 27-12-17 02:04

Hi Phil , driving the Carrier in the snow feels like being a deer trying to walk on a frozen lake . Over steering will send you off the road . Braking is worse . Nice traction when in a straight line , no slippage but turning and braking demand planning and caution. There were snow and ice tracks available called snow grousers . Now i know why. As for the cold , not any worse than snowmobiling , you just have to put on layers as you said , a lot of layers ...All the best .

Peter Duggan 28-12-17 22:12

Best in the New Year

1 Attachment(s)
Guys,

The Lynx has advanced enough that it was time move it to it's own bay instead of hogging two. It was a balmy -16 C.

I'm a bit late to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, so I'd like to wish everyone the best in the New Year.

Peter

Attachment 96665

Jordan Baker 28-12-17 23:33

Peter you even have the winter white wash effect down. Looks great

Phil, yes between a TV film shoot and some other events people have been up on top on a stretcher. The racks are very secure and done move at all. The stretcher can move a bit but cannot fall off due to the hold down brackets and the stretcher legs. As for the person on the stretcher, well......they could roll off I suppose.

Phil Waterman 28-12-17 23:34

Well done

Hi Peter

Does the move mean you can get your car in out of the cold. My car spent a winter outdoors when I needed space space for my HUP chassis during during its restoration. We must have prioties.

But glad you joined the fun of a winter drive.

Cheers Phil

Peter Duggan 29-12-17 02:31

Correct

Phil,

You were quite right. Being able to park the daily driver, inside out of the elements was a strong factor.

Peter

Petr Brezina 31-12-17 18:35

1 Attachment(s)
All the best in 2018 and Cheers! :cheers:

Alex van de Wetering 01-01-18 23:10

All MLU forum members....best Wishes for 2018!

Alex