MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   C15A Water Taps (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13844)

Brad Mills 26-11-09 17:53

C15A Water Taps

2 Attachment(s)
Guys,

Would any one have a suggestion as to where to find taps for the C15A Water Purifacation Truck? I need 4 of the 3/4 inch male thread & 1 of the 1 inch male thread. Have a peek at the photos.

Cheers

Alex Blair (RIP) 26-11-09 19:37

Taps

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMills (Post 122431)
Guys,

Would any one have a suggestion as to where to find taps for the C15A Water Purifacation Truck? I need 4 of the 3/4 inch male thread & 1 of the 1 inch male thread. Have a peek at the photos.

Cheers

They are a typical barrel tap..should be able to get them at any good plumbing wholesaler..:remember :drunk: :support

Bob Carriere 26-11-09 22:08

Try Lee Valley

Hi Brad

Lee Valley ahs a full brass model......but the outlet is thread for a garden hose and may be slightly smaller.

Try contacting LV, they may tell you who the supplier is..... probably offshore.... but Alex is correct in calling them Barrel taps.....

Another source would be a recycler that caters to removing old washroom plumbing... there is a huge market for olf claw foot bathtubs and the appropriate period taps..... what you may find is a chrome plated similar model that will require some sandblasting to let the OD paint stick. TRy a search on antique barfroom fixtures/plumbing....

The trick will be the single handle.

...by the by...... did you finally get the beast home.....?

..and have you figured out how many barrells of draft beer it canhold....?

Boob

Grant Bowker 27-11-09 02:15

Some of the body manuals list suppliers for some of the parts, I'm not near my copy of the water tank body manual to tell if this is the case for the water tank. Sometimes the supplier is indicated by an abreviated code.
If the supplier or their follow-on company can be found it might be worth a try to see if they have any old stock gathering dust, or even if they know if another company is making an equivalent of the valve that they made years ago but no longer make.
I have met a few companies that see it as a challenge to help a customer show off a product they used to make, not many but in this case you only need one company with good attitude.......

Bruce Parker (RIP) 27-11-09 02:29

Iqaluit, Nunavut

1 Attachment(s)
The rear plumbing with those valves was still on this 1943 C-15A water truck. It's in a pile of WC Dodges pushed off the end of the original east/west runway. I'm sure it's still there, however the mint 9.00x16.00 Chevron in the picture is gone. It's in my garage.

Brad Mills 28-11-09 04:10

Thanks Guys,

All good advise.

Bruce, next time I am up in Iqaluit I will have a look to see if the pile is still there. Thanks for the tip :thup: