MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Auction and Classified Ad Site Heads Up (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Iltis Trailers in Calgary - $500 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27367)

Peter Phillips 02-05-17 21:06

Iltis Trailers in Calgary - $500

M101(?) 5 Iltis type trailers on kijiji in Calgary. Cheap too it seems! Not involved in any way with sale.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility...ationFlag=true

rob love 02-05-17 22:47

Those won't last long at that price. Quite frankly, I am surprized they are still there.

Robert Bergeron 03-05-17 02:25

Wow , nice trailer , good price.

I have one and it's the greatest thing since poutine.

maple_leaf_eh 03-05-17 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron (Post 237407)
Wow , nice trailer , good price.

I have one and it's the greatest thing since poutine.

St Albert curd or (pfft!) somewhere else?

Ken Smith 03-05-17 10:12

Just googled poutine, yum looks like I will have to make some. Although google did point me to a few places in Brisbane that sell a variation of it.
Ken

rob love 03-05-17 16:38

Heck, even McDonalds sells poutine here. My quebecois wife, who is very particular about her "french" quisine, insists that it must be cheese curds used in the making....to that end the only acceptable poutine in the area is actually from A&W restaurants.

And not just cheese curds, but the kind that squeek between the teeth when you bite them.

Robert Bergeron 03-05-17 18:23

Poutine and trailers

There you go. I have owned 3 Iltis trucks and i state that the M101 Cdn 2 trailer ( the Iltis trailer ) is better than the truck it was designed to be towed behind. I am glad i sold the Iltii and kept the trailer. Best thing since poutine. I found a real poutine joint on Esquimalt road in Victoria . It is 600 metres from my current place of employment. Comfort food i call it. It helps morale when away from my trucks and Carrier and trailers...

David Dunlop 03-05-17 19:53

Tallboys Bar and Grill in Treherne, Manitoba have a $23 Poutine on their menu.

If you can finish it completely, by yourself in 30 minutes or less, it's free.

David

Robert Bergeron 03-05-17 23:56

David , you just added a third , concluding and final reason why i should go to Manitoba : Visit you in Winnipeg , Rob Love in Shilo and free poutine ! Can't get any better than this except pulling a nice , solid and rust free Iltis trailer !

Kolten Hooper 04-05-17 01:52

That's a first

Never before have I seen a military vehicle discussion turn into a discussion about poutine! :yappy:

Man I wish I lived closer to Alberta... so that I could purchase a trailer that is, not so that I can be closer to Manitoba and it's free poutine!

rob love 04-05-17 03:26

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, the threads on MLU tend to wander way beyond any that I see on other forums.

chris vickery 04-05-17 05:52

Best poutine curd cheese is from the small town of La Sarre, which is about an hour north of Rouyn Noranda. The Fromagerie there has won all kinds of awards for their cheeses.
Usually stock up with at least 5kg of cheese curds when passing through.
Btw, my wife's family recipe for poutine BBQ sauce is the best in NW Quebec.
Her father was a local hotelier in the area for over 35 years and made a great living from poutine and beer!
Just ask anyone who ever went to Hotel Windsor in La Reine QC

charlie fitton 04-05-17 12:43

Poutine...PFFFFT!

Now Newfie Fries...

Turkey shreds, peas, dressing , and gravy over fries....

and I want one of those trailers, too.

(See? Full circle. It's called rounding them up, and I thought that you prairie
cattle punchers would know that)

rob love 04-05-17 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie fitton (Post 237446)
Poutine...PFFFFT!

Now Newfie Fries...

Turkey shreds, peas, dressing , and gravy over fries....

The whole thing sounds like taking the left overs from thanksgiving and running it through the blender.

Don't forget the liberal heaping of Kelp over it with a sprinkle of minnows......you can keep it.

Jack Innes 04-05-17 16:42

Hmmm, Poutine, Turkey Fries, Iltis; it might be safe to say that heavy involvement with any of these could lead to cardiac trouble??

The trailers are great though!

Little Jo 05-05-17 01:27

Poutine

Hi Guys

Here in Oz it's just chips meat and veg topped with gravy...nothing special..

Robert Bergeron 05-05-17 02:41

trailers?

Did someone mention Iltis trailers ?