MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Someone in Australia (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9476)

Barry Churcher 07-09-07 01:59

Someone in Australia

William
1000 club

Someone in Australia might be interested in this. A Blitz with tracks? Worth a look for sure. This was on an antique tractor forum.
Barry

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats a nice looking tuck there! I might have to make an offer to a bloke whos got a blitz truck from the ww2 down the road. Its got tracts instead of the regular rear wheels!

Cheers, Will

cliff 07-09-07 02:09

could you post a link to the forum that message was on please.

Barry Churcher 07-09-07 03:39

Try this Cliff :)
Barry

http://antiquetractorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=23038

Ryan 07-09-07 03:52

interesting to say the least

A blitz with tracks? Half track maybe or just some weirdo tractor truck conversion. Would be great to see but emailing the guy is impossible. You have to be a member of the tractor website or myspace. Anyone?

Plushy 07-09-07 04:42

I have emailed him and replied to that thread on that Forum hopefully i can get some info . :thup:

Pedr 07-09-07 07:14

Possible half track blitz

Have just rung Bob M.

Sure he will track it down.... ( pun intended )

Pedr

Bob Moseley (RIP) 07-09-07 07:36

Interesting

Pedr

Thanks mate for the heads up, this is new since I was on last night.

PLUSHY - I'll be watching this with great interest. We should be past your way in a couple of weeks time and by then you should have all the information. Maybe there will be two Phoenix.

Bob

Plushy 07-09-07 07:39

So far i have a location/area where its located and the guy who spotted it thinks its a Chev its only about 30 mins from me so i will hopefully get a chance to go scout it out tonight or tomorrow . :thup:

cliff 07-09-07 08:07

I too look forward to hearing more on this :)

Max Hedges 07-09-07 09:04

Bob are you calling in this trip, just need to keep an eye on you while your over this way.
Max

Tony Smith 07-09-07 12:26

Re: Interesting

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Moseley
PLUSHY - I'll be watching this with great interest. Maybe there will be two Phoenix.

Bob

Year of the Phoenii? Phoenices? :cheers: :yappy: :drunk: (Sounds like Yappy's houseplant)

I wonder where this went to? The owner could tag along with the Phoenician Club.

Plushy 07-09-07 14:04

Ok more news and its disappointing but its not a Blitz its a M3 halftrack apparently but i will still go and try and find it and make sure .
:(

Keith Webb 07-09-07 22:57

Vehicle

Quote:

Originally posted by Plushy
Ok more news and its disappointing but its not a Blitz its a M3 halftrack apparently but i will still go and try and find it and make sure .
:(

I think this was for sale in the Coldstream area many years ago and is indeed not a CMP but an "ACCO Blitz" as some people are wont to call them.

Plushy 08-09-07 02:26

I showed the guy a photo of the Halftrack blitz and the Acco half track and he said neither of them looked like what he saw he then sent me a photo of a M16 halftrack and said that it looked like that. So i am heading up there this morning to take a look . Directions are a bit vague but i will see what i find . :D

Plushy 08-09-07 07:41

Well after a fairly extensive search in the area where it was supposed to be located i didnt manage to find it i located the house where it was supposed to be but it doesnt look like any one has lived there in awhile . The young bloke who spotted it is apparently heading down this way in a few weeks so he is going to take another look then and hopefully confirm its there or gone .

Vets Dottir 2nd 08-09-07 08:07

Re: Re: Interesting

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Smith
Year of the Phoenii? Phoenices? :cheers: :yappy: :drunk: (Sounds like Yappy's houseplant)
You be nice or I'll plant YOU :fry:

(just kidding :p :D )

:witch