MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sold: Bell tents and Prospector tents for sale! (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2843)

Rob Fast 08-11-04 00:36

Bell tents and Prospector tents for sale!

I have for sale 4 new repo Bell tents: 11 oz. tan canvas, 12' diameter around the base, jute rope used, closed peak vents, proper entrance ,a very nice military replica, perfect for your weekend vehicle shows. Price $500.00 Canadian .

Also 8'x10' short walled Prospector tents/large pup tents. 11 oz. tan canvas, jute rope, beautiful replica. Price $300.00 Canadian, 8 available.

These are movie production repos, sewn from original copies. Movie company sprayed them with a light stain to make them look weathered, but does not affect durability or quality.

I am sorry guys, but Canadian buyers get first dibs on these before they go to Milweb or EBAY.

Will consider trades:Bofors spare barrell or Bofors related, and CMP LAAT related.

Pictures coming this week.

Cheers Rob

BeasleyRAF 08-11-04 23:08

re: Bell Tents

Greetings Rob! We met at the Winnipeg airshow (I was the tall RAF chap who was so taken with your CMP wireless). Anyroad, I'd love a pic of the bell tents. Frederick could take delivery from you if I bought one. Please drop me a note at soldaten@aol.com. Cheers! Mike

Jim Pharris 10-11-04 04:19

interested a bell

Rob,

I am interested please send me an e-mail

Thanks

Jim

Jon Skagfeld 16-11-05 20:22

Rob: Off topic, but I must seize the opportunity of contacting you since your name came up during a local Military Historical Society meeting just last night.

You are, I believe, the seller of deac Stens, by the crateload. By any chance do you have deac or DP LE No 4s? I need 2 each for "show and tell" in the cab of my CMP. Matter of fact, there may be a market for more of these items in this area.

Col Tigwell 16-11-05 23:28

Nice block of land you live on.

I am green with envy.

Regards

Col Tigwell
Downunder

jeff davis 18-11-05 07:19

My Grandmother was born in Steinbach
Jeff

sapper740 18-11-05 11:19

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what an original, unissued 1942 Wood's Circular tent looks like the first time its raised.

sapper740 18-11-05 11:31

Quote:

Originally posted by sapper740
Here's what an original, unissued 1942 Wood's Circular tent looks like the first time its raised.
Stencilled above the door is the acceptance mark along with Wood's Ottawa 1942. Below the first skirt is an additional skirt made of very light coloured canvas (a little of which can be seen poking out the right side of the tent) upon which items could be placed to prevent wind from blowing beneath the skirt. Couldn't see from the pic if yours had this 2nd skirt. Picked this tent, tent case, original stakes and case for the stakes up on ebay last year. It was brand new, unissued still in the bag when I received it!

Rob Fast 01-05-06 02:20

Prospector tent repos...WW1 Military style or not?

1 Attachment(s)
I have had an inquiry from one of our members about the style of the prospector tent I have for sale on this forum, and if it has a Canadian/British WW1 cut to it at all? I have always advertised it as a movie production Winnie The Pooh repo, which as we all know has a Canadian military history to the bear story. How good did the movie company get it? Color? Cheers Rob

sapper740 01-05-06 02:59

Re: Prospector tent repos...WW1 Military style or not?

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob Fast
I have had an inquiry from one of our members about the style of the prospector tent I have for sale on this forum, and if it has a Canadian/British WW1 cut to it at all? I have always advertised it as a movie production Winnie The Pooh repo, which as we all know has a Canadian military history to the bear story. How good did the movie company get it? Color? Cheers Rob
The colour isn't quite dark enough as the original canvas used. There's a pic of my original '42 Woods manufactured Circular tent in the thread, "Bell tents and prospector tents for sale" It's only been out of the bag a few times so the colour hasn't faded any. Take a look and you'll see what I mean.

Rob Fast 22-01-07 23:20

Tent sale!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Price has been reduced on the Prospector tents to $200 plus shipping, and I have one more repo bell tent for $500 Canadian plus shipping if anyone wants it! Bills to pay!!! Cheers Rob

charlie fitton 23-01-07 16:31

Prospector tent, and nickel

What'll you give me if I tell you what the morse code message is around that nickel?

Jon Skagfeld 24-01-07 04:14

Re: Prospector tent, and nickel

Quote:

Originally posted by charlie fitton
What'll you give me if I tell you what the morse code message is around that nickel?
Charlie: (...excuse me, Major, Sir, my heels are together, Permission to speak...?)

I know what the Morse Code says, I know where it starts and I know the alliterative letter with which it starts.

What's my cut of the action, if I don't tell?

:devil: :teach: :salute:

Rob Fast 24-01-07 04:36

You have me on this one...

1 Attachment(s)
how about a nickel ? Looking for this rare piece of garden variety catipillar. Cheers Rob

horsa 24-01-07 04:59

Is that a "silk worm" member pin? Type that some of the very lucky parachutist wear after deploying their reserve and surviving to talk about it?

Col Tigwell 24-01-07 12:46

Is that dog of yours a brown labrador.

He looks just like ours.

Ours likes a special treat liver, kidneys and bacon.

For that he smiles.

Wish we could get those tents down here.

Regards

Col

Mike Timoshyk 24-01-07 15:18

Catepiller Pin

NICE!!!!

I believe it was given out by the IRVINE Co. to those who had to "bail-out" and survived.

The eyes are rubies.

cheers

Mike

Pylon1357 24-01-07 16:00

Re: Catepiller Pin

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Timoshyk
NICE!!!!

I believe it was given out by the IRVINE Co. to those who had to "bail-out" and survived.

The eyes are rubies.

cheers

Mike

You are quite correct. These were given to airmen by the IRVINE company to teh airmen who bailed out and their lives were saved by the Parachutes. Commonly this club is called the 'Catapiller Club"

Mike Timoshyk 24-01-07 16:12

Catapiller Pin

The last person I met wearing this pin was an airman who lived in Halifax. He was shot down outside of Paris and subsequently captured and turned over to the SS by a collaborator. He was eventually sent to Buchenwald Concentration Camp and was amoung those 160 odd airmen who languished in the camp unitil being transfered to a Luftstalag. The gentleman has sinced passed away but not before giving me a chilling account. His poor wife suffered daily as he was in the stage of Alzheimers were he was reliving his wartime past.....

Cheers

Mike Timoshyk

Bob Carriere 26-01-07 22:11

OK I will bite.....

Charlie......... what the heck does it say?????

Boobeeliterate.

sapper740 26-01-07 23:07

Re: Re: Prospector tent, and nickel

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Charlie: (...excuse me, Major, Sir, my heels are together, Permission to speak...?)

I know what the Morse Code says, I know where it starts and I know the alliterative letter with which it starts.

What's my cut of the action, if I don't tell?

:devil: :teach: :salute:

Cut me in for a share too! W_ W__ W___ W_ W___ W________!

Alex Blair (RIP) 26-01-07 23:30

Re: Re: Re: Prospector tent, and nickel

Quote:

Originally posted by sapper740
Cut me in for a share too! W_ W__ W___ W_ W___ W________!

The torch and the "V" design on the 1944-1945 coinage was designed to promote the war effort. It had the words "we win when we work willingly" stamped in morse code around the edge

Charlie will try to tell you the Canadian soldiers were told..it says..

"Keep this under your tounge to ward off the clap"...but don't believe him...

Rob Fast 27-01-07 02:48

Col Herk...

1 Attachment(s)
My Lab's name is Winston Spitfire Meath on his Kennel Club Papers! He is an unbelievable friend and companion. Just turned 5.

Bob Carriere 27-01-07 04:44

Does he......

.....always look that happy....???

..... or did you just took his bone away!!!!

Sorry I could not resist........ I am a cat lover!!!!

BooB

charlie fitton 27-01-07 14:08

The Nickel:

OK then - for double the prize - what's that one made of - and why?

Alex Blair (RIP) 27-01-07 14:19

Re: The Nickel:

Quote:

Originally posted by charlie fitton
OK then - for double the prize - what's that one made of - and why?
Jeez Charlie...Come on..How about a tough one....
Like ...."What am I holding in my hand..??
That should get some interesting guesses...

In 1942, because of the World War, the five cent coin was made with a brass-alloy called "tombac" to conserve nickel. :drunk: :remember :support

Bob Carriere 01-02-07 04:23

1942 Woods Tent....

Your tent was made in a small factory on Montcalm street in Hull Kew- Bek (Quebec) across the river from Ottawa.... they must have been ashamed to say they were from a small town......

I was only a gleem in my Dad's eye in 1942... but I remember diving in their dumpsters in the early 50s for reject football helmet shells and reject hockey gloves and pads....... they were right across from my school.....

Thanks for the memories....

Boob

chris vickery 01-02-07 15:45

Boobie, I s'pose thats where you get the knack for finding cmp treasures considering your early start in life "dumpster diving"... :p :p :p

Bob Carriere 02-02-07 04:06

....and is used to.....

.....skip church on Sunday and go play in the junk yard full of old CMPs and Ram tanks.........

...... God got even.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see where it got me....now I am an OD Junky

BooB

RHClarke 02-02-07 04:56

Missing a "D"

Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Carriere
.....now I am an OD Junky

BooB

Welcome to the club! God bless us all, cuz our wives won't...