MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   F8 Toolbox/Spare Tire Bracket Measurements (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12327)

Jim Price 27-01-09 04:00

F8 Toolbox/Spare Tire Bracket Measurements

1 Attachment(s)
Started my search today for plans for the 8 cwt toolbox(es) and spare tire bracket along with the "floor" suport for the tire (and toolbox?). The only thing I've been able to find that shows a clear picture of all is the attached. However, I haven't been able to find anything that has all the details along with measurements to make them. If anyone out there has any suggestions/sources, I'd be most appreciative!

Regards,
Jim

cletrac (RIP) 27-01-09 05:04

Jim, take a closer look at that CD I sent you. In the C8 body drawings folder are all the dimensions and drawings you'll need.

Jim Price 28-01-09 00:28

David,
Tried to find the drawings on the disc last night and suffered some severe disfunction when operating the TV/DVD control wand. Gave up and sent the post. Tried again after your response and remarkably, my mastery of the wand had returned. Found all that I need!

Thanks again for the disc!

Regards,
Jim

Mike Kelly 29-01-09 02:46

toll lockers

Jim

Not sure what drawings you have ..but if they are the drawings from UK .

The lower locker floor length as shown on the drawing is about 1" shorter than it should be .

I studied the photos as best I could and the two long shaped angle iron pieces the lower locker is made from are different : the inner one ( bolts to the forward main panel of the tub ) is thinner/lighter than the forward one.
Mike

Jim Price 29-01-09 02:54

Tool Lockers

Mike,
I have a DVD from David Pope which has the drawings of the tool locker/spare tire holder on it. The problem I have is that I can only view it on my TV and cannot print out the drawings. If you have a set, I'd certainly appreciate having a copy!

Regards,
Jim

Mike Kelly 29-01-09 23:37

Ok

OK . I'll try to find em and post them here . you can do save and then print em . One thing , the shaped foot that the spare wheel sits on isn't in the drawings from memory . Ian cut out a template and I used that to make one.

The upper locker end piece is somewhat tricky to make , it's a flat/angled panel with 'U' shaped edges to fit into the locker sides. I had 3 attempts at it til I got it correct. I hand made the spare wheel latch .
Mike

cletrac (RIP) 29-01-09 23:56

5 Attachment(s)
Here's those UK drawings of the tool box and tire retainer.

cletrac (RIP) 30-01-09 00:05

5 Attachment(s)
Here's the tire holder

cletrac (RIP) 30-01-09 00:09

2 Attachment(s)
The last of them.

Mike Kelly 30-01-09 00:45

more

David beat me to it .

you'll see the 33.5" measurement on the first drawing ..it actually should be 34.5 " ----> on the original setup, the whole floor , including the angled up end section is made from one piece of sheet..this is difficult to replicate , so I welded it on as a seperate piece ( i should say my welding teacher did it with a TIG ) , i ground the join down and its hardly noticeable.

Jim Price 30-01-09 04:11

David,
Got them all this time! Thanks so much for your extra effort!

Regards,
Jim

Jim Price 30-01-09 04:19

Mike,
Thanks for the heads up on that measurement! Have marked my drawing accordingly.

Regards,
Jim

Jim Price 09-02-09 21:33

Upper Tool Box Door and Rear Measurements

David,
The first set of drawings you sent does not include one for the door to the upper tool box. As such I don't know what the hasp looks like. Also, the measurements for the sloped bottom portion of the back panel where the spare tire rests are not given. If the sectional drawing is to scale the portion removed would be 4" each, back and bottom.

A second question regarding ther bottom tool box: Do both the top and bottom doors' flanges go on the outside of the box or the inside? The drawing of the bottom sloped panel shows it to be 12 1/4" wide while the drawing of the door shows it to be 13 3/4" wide. Something doesn't compute.

Regards,
Jim

Mike Kelly 17-02-09 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Price (Post 109405)
Do both the top and bottom doors' flanges go on the outside of the box or the inside? The drawing of the bottom sloped panel shows it to be 12 1/4" wide while the drawing of the door shows it to be 13 3/4" wide. Something doesn't compute.

Regards,
Jim

OUTSIDE

And 13 and 3/4" sounds correct

Jim Price 17-02-09 22:04

Mike,
My bad! Figured out that the cover goes on the outside of the box which includes the angle iron frame that goes around the inside edge of the back of the bed.

On another subject, my son upgraded my computer and I was able to read David's DVD on it. I could not find any dreawings w/measurements of the top cover/lid. Also, there are not any drawings of the spare tire bracket/rest that is attached to the back of the top tool box. If anyone has anything on these I'd certainly appreciate it!

Regards,
Jim

Hanno Spoelstra 30-06-20 21:22

C8 body drawings

Quote:

Originally Posted by cletrac (RIP) (Post 108587)
Jim, take a closer look at that CD I sent you. In the C8 body drawings folder are all the dimensions and drawings you'll need.

Sadly, David is no longer with us.

Could anybody share his C8 body drawings on here? I have been asked by a couple of people quite recently. I'm sure David would have liked to see new guys showing an interest in refabricating these 8-cwt bodies.

Mike Kelly 01-07-20 14:12

drawings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra (Post 270645)
Sadly, David is no longer with us.

Could anybody share his C8 body drawings on here? I have been asked by a couple of people quite recently. I'm sure David would have liked to see new guys showing an interest in refabricating these 8-cwt bodies.

Hanno the drawings were originally done by Ian Richardson of Lancashire UK, Ian measured the C8 1A2 body that now is owned by Nick Bullock. Ian posted me the drawings over a three year period . I ran a wanted advert in W&T and Ian responded , Ian owns a cab 11 C8 himself, haven't heard from Ian for many years now.

Hanno Spoelstra 02-07-20 12:42

Ian Richardson's body drawings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kelly (Post 270654)
Hanno the drawings were originally done by Ian Richardson of Lancashire UK, Ian measured the C8 1A2 body that now is owned by Nick Bullock. Ian posted me the drawings over a three year period . I ran a wanted advert in W&T and Ian responded , Ian owns a cab 11 C8 himself, haven't heard from Ian for many years now.

Thanks for that info Mike.

It begs the question: does anybody have Ian's drawings and can he share them on here, please?

Hanno Spoelstra 02-07-20 12:44

Body 1A2 for Truck 8-cwt Wireless

1 Attachment(s)
See the links for some excellent pictures of the 8-cwt truck and body.

CMP Truck 8-cwt Wireless:
http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/CMP_Truck_8-cwt_Wireless

Body 1A2 for Truck 8-cwt Wireless:
http://www.rcsigs.ca/index.php/Body_...8-cwt_Wireless

Attachment 114885

Hanno Spoelstra 02-07-20 12:46

DND Body Parts List

3 Attachment(s)
Some more drawings from the DND Body Parts List, courtesy of Colin Reilly:

Attachment 114886 Attachment 114887 Attachment 114888

Mike Kelly 02-07-20 14:03

Drawings

I have the drawings stored away, I did scan most of them and passed the scans onto D Pope . The drawings in this thread are Ian's

Jim Price 04-07-20 05:41

Truck Bed 1940 F-8

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I ended up with.