MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Giving up the hobby (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31272)

Ken Hughes 14-06-20 06:41

Giving up the hobby

Well ive sold my F30 and everything military that i had collected over the years so that is the end of the hobby for me,i will pop in from time to time though to see what people are up to,thanks very much for the help over the years and long may this group continue.

Hanno Spoelstra 14-06-20 10:23

What ho, Ken!

Were you fed up with spanner twirling, or just lost interest?

Thanks for the advice given over the years, hope we may jog your memory every now and then.

Cheers,

Ganmain Tony 15-06-20 06:03

Bugger

Gday Ken

I am also sorry to see you give it away.

Have had a few discussions with you. Valued your involvement in the past. Hope you continue to make a contribution on here.

All the best in your future and what my sign off says...

Terry Witiuk 18-06-20 03:10

Giving up the hobby

Ken. We've never met or chatted on-line but somehow I feel compelled to ask...Why?

Ken Hughes 23-06-20 01:23

retirement means i cant continue with the hobbie through lack of funds,my truck still needed vinning to go on the road AND i have lost interest locally ,the truck has gone to a good home that i am really pleased with because i wasnt using it,it was being affected buy the weather thru sitting outside (with a cover).

Robin Craig 23-06-20 13:19

Ken,

What a difficult decision to have to make but a brave one and gets the vehicle into circulation and wont rot away as a dreamer project.

Tough, tough decision to take, my hat is off to you and hope you are able to enjoy life still without it.

I hope that when i get older and cant do things i can make good decisions like that

Respect sir.

Terry Witiuk 25-06-20 03:03

Giving Up The Hobby

Ken. If you've lost interest in the hobby...certainly move on to something else...I've done this a few times myself...you only live once and I believe that you should experience as much as you can within your lifetime! If it's really retirement that has forced your decision because of reduced funds that you can put towards the hobby and you sincerely still enjoy it...then scale back, which you've already done, continue to experience it as best as possible and don't be influenced by expectations from others or possibly yourself. Hope this all makes sense.

Paul Singleton 25-06-20 03:23

Military vehicles

I have also had to prioritize my retirement projects. I sold my cmps and parts that I had accumulated to Bob Carriere. One of the determining factors was being 6’5” tall I realized that I can’t fit into a cmp. I am still planning to attend events and probably will obtain a period vehicle that suits me at some point. I do have some projects to occupy my time although they are not military related.

Paul