MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   30 seconds between posts message (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2294)

Vets Dottir 23-07-04 12:55

30 seconds between posts message

Hi G.

Was trying to send a PM and that message came up again ... which is a "glitch" not a problem of too frequent posting (I'd just logged on, read a meessage, and tried to reply, only to have that message popup ...

-something about the admin. making it so new messages could only be posted after 30 seconds.

I did wonder if this is a glitch related to the slq (whatever) screen that comes up when the MLU goes down???

(am just alerting you is all):yappy: :p

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 24-07-04 02:23

Nope

Yapster, that's a deliberate setting designed to prevent automated programs from logging in and flooding a message board with posts, thereby locking it up. It's called "floodcheck". Just a safety measure against those who would bugger up our community just for the fun of it (like that hacker).

G.

Vets Dottir 24-07-04 03:09

Re: Nope

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Yapster, that's a deliberate setting designed to prevent automated programs from logging in and flooding a message board with posts, thereby locking it up. It's called "floodcheck". Just a safety measure against those who would bugger up our community just for the fun of it (like that hacker).

G.

Well I hadn't posted anything yet and it came up. THIS shortly after I got that page about MSLQ down etc

Thanks for replying.:)

Hanno Spoelstra 24-07-04 09:09

Re: 30 seconds between posts message

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
Was trying to send a PM and that message came up again ... which is a "glitch" not a problem of too frequent posting (I'd just logged on, read a meessage, and tried to reply, only to have that message popup ...

-something about the admin. making it so new messages could only be posted after 30 seconds.

That's what happens when you're as quick with the keyboard as with the mouth :yappy: :yappy: :yappy: :yappy: :yappy:

:cheers:
H.

Vets Dottir 24-07-04 09:47

Hey, Dutch Boy H

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
That's what happens when you're as quick with the keyboard as with the mouth :yappy: :yappy: :yappy: :yappy: :yappy:

:cheers:
H.

I read your little reply Dutch-Boy ... luckily I have some great shoes to wear so I can get a good pointed kick to your nether cheeks when we meet .... (I high-jump...just like a flea, so I can do it!):smoker: :cheers: :yappy:

Vets Dottir 24-07-04 14:28

OKAY???????/

WHO did the little moving and editing job here anyway's...eh? Think yore verra smart, don't yah??? Eh? :rolleyes:

:p :p :p

Mark W. Tonner 24-07-04 14:35

Re: Hey, Dutch Boy H

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
I high-jump...just like a flea, so I can do it!

That's why they invented fly swatters and 'FLEA' powder :p :D, Oh!, and I forgot - Pest Control Strips........ :p

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 24-07-04 15:03

Re: OKAY???????/

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
WHO did the little moving and editing job here anyway's...eh? Think yore verra smart, don't yah??? Eh? :rolleyes:

:p :p :p

Just taking care of a wayward member of my flock... :D

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 24-07-04 15:04

Re: Mark

Ah yes, fly paper for girls... there's a thought...

Mark W. Tonner 24-07-04 16:13

Re: Re: OKAY???????/

Quote:

Just taking care of a wayward member of my flock... :D
....which is a full time position all on it's own......boy, have you got your hands full on that one :rolleyes:

and for you :yappy: your morning :p .........:D

Mark W. Tonner 24-07-04 16:14

Re: Re: Mark

Quote:

Ah yes, fly paper for girls... there's a thought...
:idea: :D :p

Vets Dottir 25-07-04 01:02

Lucky

I need coffee then I'll be back :p (now I'm a sheep and a flea ... quite changable aren't I?:eek: :p