MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Testing functionality (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2523)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 03-09-04 22:24

Testing functionality

The outage was supposedly for "routine maintenance", although I have questioned them as to the timing of such. No answer as yet.

I have also formally requested the server clock be adjusted so it doesn't read 17 hours in advance... :rolleyes:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 03-09-04 23:31

Frustrating

Still working on the time thing.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 03-09-04 23:34

Further Time testing

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 00:17

Forum Bummers

You probably already are aware that PM's aren't working? If not... then this note will alert you :) At least mine aren't ...that 30 second message box keeps popping up again to try send.

Winnipeg time is currently 5:21 p.m. as I hit send.

Karmen

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 00:18

Looks like we've got it... BTW, the server is in Phoenix AZ, which DOESN'T use daylight time, so simply adjust your preferences accordingly.

Because of the screwup before, SOME of the threads will show wrong timings on SOME previous posts... please try to disregard. If it's not too much hassle, I would prefer not to invoke my backup and lose most of yesterday's posts.

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 00:28

Good show ... glad its working and thats all that matters for now, huh? :)

I already chose Eastern time to get the daylight time clock ... :p Sometimes it actually registers!

Thanks for letting us know Master Sunray ... and for the frustration, time, and efforts, once again

Karmen

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 00:34

just so's you know

Just tried PM again...still no go. Just so you know. Look for an email shortly. (5:37Wpg time now)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 00:38

Re: just so's you know

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Just tried PM again...still no go. Just so you know. Look for an email shortly. (5:37Wpg time now)
Sent you a test PM... pls ack recpt.

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 00:54

Re: Re: just so's you know

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Sent you a test PM... pls ack recpt.
received test PM ... tried replyng ... 30 second box maessage came up again :(
(check your sympatico email... I sent something)

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 01:06

crap :(

Quote:

vBulletin Message
Sorry! You cannot send that message at the moment
because the administrator has specified that you may only send one message every 30 seconds.
:( you mad at me or sumthin'?

P S Y C H E :D :p :smoker:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 01:19

Flood Control

If you've been PMing, emailing or posting, the system will limit you to one PM, Email or Post every thirty seconds. This is to prevent automated hacking systems from flooding message boards with hundreds of messages per minute automatically, thus constituting a denial of service attack.

Let me know the exact sequence and timing of your interactions here, and BTW, if anyone else has problems like this, post them in this thread.

Pixie Witch, PM me separately to check function.

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 01:33

Re: Flood Control

Quote:

If you've been PMing, emailing or posting, the system will limit you to one PM, Email or Post every thirty seconds. This is to prevent automated hacking systems from flooding message boards with hundreds of messages per minute automatically, thus constituting a denial of service attack.

Let me know the exact sequence and timing of your interactions here, and BTW, if anyone else has problems like this, post them in this thread.

Pixie Witch, PM me separately to check function.

ok... will go pm now (you explained the 30 second message purpose before) I hadn't messaged or posted ANYTHING before that first PM. Had just arrrived in the forum. Drag.)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 01:36

REPORT WHEN SENT AND ERROR MSG IF ANY.

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 01:40

crap...sequence

After postingmy reply to you in THIS THREAD

went directly to UCP

clicked on PM beside your name in Buddy box

wrote message in new message box

hit SEND

POP-UP ... 30 second message box again.

Made my way back here.

That's it.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 01:44

STAND BY.....

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 01:46

K, Try it now.

Anyone else, PM someone you know as well and see if it goes through. I'm having no problems, but I'm an admin...

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 01:49

sequence

Just did same sequence....

6:47 when new message box up
waited til 6:49 to send

same pop-up 30 sec mess.

Ok...standing by.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 01:55

Methinks...

Try it again....

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 02:11

we're happenin'

Both a "reply" AND a "NEW MESSAGE" PM's just went thru to you ... I'm going to buy my nicotine before the store closes and shall come back and be "yappy:

Hurrah ... we be happenin' agin :D Don't know what ya did ... but thanks. Yore such a Wizard ;) back in half hr.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 04-09-04 02:15

ROGER THAT

I seem to have fixed it. :D

Any more problems anyone, please chime out.

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 03:32

Re: ROGER THAT

Quote:

I seem to have fixed it. :D

Any more problems anyone, please chime out.

GOOD Sunray ... pat pat pat, there ya go, Ain't you sumthin'?:D

DING DONG CHIME CHIME CHIME ... got a working credit card?:D :D :D

Mark W. Tonner 04-09-04 03:39

Re: Re: ROGER THAT

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets Dottir
GOOD Sunray ... pat pat pat, there ya go, Ain't you sumthin'?:D

Psst....Yappy, SUNRAY walks upright on two legs, not four..........unless you've done something to him with one of them there PIXIE WHICH ME CALLS IT THINGS! ........:eek:

Mark W. Tonner 04-09-04 03:41

Re: - - - - - - -

It Works!..................Roger Out >>>>>>>>> :D

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 03:59

Re: Re: Re: ROGER THAT

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Psst....Yappy, SUNRAY walks upright on two legs, not four..........unless you've done something to him with one of them there PIXIE WHICH ME CALLS IT THINGS! ........:eek:
Frying pan? Nope. And even 2 legged creatures love a true pat where pat is due:D No magic in that :p

bugger :p
:D

Vets Dottir 04-09-04 04:35

Geoff.

Finally, time to think and post properly!

GEOFF,

Thank you ... for all the time and effort with getting the PM problem fixed. BTW, was this only a problem with MY PM messaging, or were others having that problem too? If it's just "my problem" then its my computer probably and there's nothing I can do to change that in the foreseeable future.:( I'd just like to know if it's "my problem" in which case I apologize for putting you through the trouble. Its either use what I have, or no access at all :(

Thanks loads.