MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help needed please (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9811)

hrpearce 27-10-07 03:08

Help needed please

1 Attachment(s)
The instruction plate on the left is the one I would expect to find on a blitz engine cover but the one on the right is what I found after I unbolted the rubbish over it. Is it out of a blitz I haven't read about yet or some other vehicle using the same engine cover? :giveup

hrpearce 03-11-07 08:31

100 looks and no answer dont tell me I stumped MLU :bang: :coffee :doh: :bang:

Euan McDonald 04-11-07 01:36

C15a plate.

Hi Robert,
The plate on the right looks like its off a C15a with single speed tranfer case.

hrpearce 04-11-07 04:07

Euan the instruction to the right of the leaver position says,
"front axle drive is automatically engaged with transfer case low gear", this implys a two speed transfer. The C15a plate only has Transfer case written here.

hrpearce 17-11-07 11:44

Over 200 looks

and no definite answer I guess i had better clean it up and put it in my blitz that will make it unique :D :cheers:

hrpearce 09-12-07 11:12

in use

1 Attachment(s)
Jif I thought you claimed a answer would always be given :confused . Now the instruction plate is cleaned and straightened you can see it has PTO instructions on the bottom. I decided to use it in the C15A as the only other one I have is for the two gear shift leavers. The centre instructions still have me stumped :bang: :bang: as I still haven't found any information on that change patern. :giveup :coffee :coffee :coffee

hrpearce 16-01-08 12:04

Browsing OLD CMP I think I stumbled on the answer. It looks a lot like the plate in a fire engine. :cool:

David_Hayward (RIP) 16-01-08 12:51

SM 2126

The left plate appears to be that intended for Holden assembly...note the Contract stamped, SM 2126. My records indicate that this was for a mixed order for Australian delivery C60S and F60L. Does the former make sense as I am only going by extraneous evidence, that is I have no written evidence.

In case no-one knows what I am talking about, as usual, "S/M", "SM" and "S.M." are abbreviations for "Supply Mechanical". This was a British Ministry of Supply Demand (Contract) system for overseas acquistions for armoured vehicles, apparently in the 1001 + series, wheeled vehicles and trailers, 2002+ and 6000+ say, spare parts, 3001+ I think. The British Treasury authorised payments to the DND in Ottawa through the High Commission in London for British, Indian and Dominion deliveries although it seems that the orders were placed by the British Purchasing Commission in Ottawa. As to payments for them, i.e. in respect of orders placed by London on behalf of Australia and NZ, that's a complicated kettle of fish! It seems that the War Office supplied India, and a different arrangement held sway with the Government of India.

Keith Webb 16-01-08 12:55

Good old OLDCMP!

The original pic of the plate does have traces of the right shade of paint on it.

Would the engine cover have come from the wreck at Yaven Creek by any chance?

Jordan Baker 16-01-08 14:11

Here is a link to another thread with, I think, the same kind of plate.

http://tortuga.dnsrouter.com/~mlu/fo...ghlight=jordan

hrpearce 16-01-08 20:43

No Keith the engine cover is on the back of that blitz, it looks as if I should take a clocer look at it next time I go past. The one I cleaned up came with my blitz so it apears that not all parts are original.

Keith Webb 16-01-08 23:42

plate

Quote:

Originally posted by hrpearce
No Keith the engine cover is on the back of that blitz, it looks as if I should take a clocer look at it next time I go past. The one I cleaned up came with my blitz so it apears that not all parts are original.
OK so there's still the possibility it is from another Pacific Fire Engine.