MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Parts/Sources/Prices (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Modern part numbers for CMPs (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1814)

Jordan Baker 07-07-18 14:10

For a C15a single speed Transfer Case

Transfer Case
Modern oil seal part number is SKF 19360 QTY3
Speedi Sleeve is SKF 99193 QTY 3
Shift shaft CR 5510 (or SKF) per Tony Smith

Bearings as listed in the parts manual.
Timken 332. QTY 6
Timken 339. QTY 5
Timken 342-S. QTY 1
Timken 14274 QTY 2
Timken 14137 QTY 2

Harry Moon 05-10-18 21:14

2 speed transfer case seal

Does anybody have the part# for the small seal that fits on the shift shaft of the 2 speed transfer case. the one that goes on the shaft that attaches to the shift fork? I looked through this thread and I couldn't find a reference to it.

Bob Carriere 05-10-18 23:39

try the dimension for a search...

Hi Harry

Was at a seal wholesaler today and they still prefer to search by OD/ID since numbers vary from manufacturer and over time..... once found they give you a choice of made by 'who' where (time) and/ or shipping cost.

You can probably figure out the ID easy enough but it will be a hell of a tight fit to measure the OD without taking your T case out....

Any body on the forum that has a 2 speed already taken apart for measuring....
I would suspect that the size for the two rods on the 2 speed and the one speed T case are the same...... need some time to read and compare in the parts manual..........

Mine where tight when I rebuilt my t case...... one of the few parts I did not have to change.

Good luck

Harry Moon 06-10-18 00:20

1 Attachment(s)
This shaft is only on the 2 speed, and its apart on the bench.

Attachment 102701

Hanno Spoelstra 06-10-18 09:08

Seal part number lookup

Harry, if you can measure the shaft diameter and bore, go to http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/ and click on "Seals North America Part Lookup".

Entering the ID and OD will give you a match from the current SKF seal catalogue, which in turn can be crossmatched to other manufacturers.

HTH,
Hanno

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Carriere (Post 254610)
they still prefer to search by OD/ID since numbers vary from manufacturer and over time.....

Bob Carriere 12-10-18 00:00

oil/grease seals ........

Front brake drum.....C8, HUP C15A possibly others.....

SKF brand new..... part number 45150...... easy stock item at baring suppliers

Price as of Oct 2018 IN OTTAWA...... $136.39 INCLUDING TAX

Bob C

Harry Moon 23-01-19 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Moon (Post 219428)
Freshening up my transfer case and I am replacing the seals.
It is the best advice to replace the original seal 50300 with two CR19360?

I put 2 in and it seems good.

Harry Moon 23-01-19 04:14

Front Brake Hoses for 6 inch front brakes

1 Attachment(s)
In building up the big 6 inch front axle with the big brakes I found the BH5931 hoses to short to cover the range of movement. I sourced BH6222 and they are the same length as the originals and have the same 5/8 thread end as well. I would recomend these be added to the parts list for 6 inch axles and they would be fine on a 5 inch axle as well..

Jordan Baker 23-01-19 04:26

In the 5” or 6” axle. What is being measured to determine those sizes? Was one used on the 15cwt trucks?

Bob Carriere 23-01-19 05:35

The flange....... near the egg cup....

You can tell the 5 from the 6 from the flange cross section diameter....6 also has more bolts on the flange an the six has 6 bolts holding the top cap where the new departure bearing is located.......small C15a larger on C60 but there are exceptions Aussie C60 made in Canada late in the war has small axles and 16 in tires.

Jordan Baker 23-01-19 05:52

Thanks. I see the differences now. And with 7min to spare I learned something new today. ;)

Harry Moon 23-01-19 16:55

spotting a 6 inch front axle

2 Attachment(s)
the easiest way to spot the 6 inch front axle with the larger brakes from the regular 5 inch front axle is at the hub. you can see the obvious bulge behind the lift ring on the 6 inch. not so obvious is that the wheel base is wider by a couple of inch's.
Soi far I have only seen the bigger 6 inch on FAT's and winch trucks.

Harry Moon 23-01-19 17:08

Chevrolet master cylinders

Somewhere in the past there had to have been a Wagner/Raybestos/Delco part number for the original master cylinder. Anybody have that information? Might be useful in checking out old NOS stock we sometimes come across.

Jon Bradshaw 20-02-19 05:59

Seal sizes for transfer case

So I just pulled the seals out of my transfer case and they all appear to be the same size. One was so bad that the oil could have been drained out the gap instead of the drain hole.....
Two of them have a paper gasket behind the plate and they are in bad shape. The input one has a steel gasket in place and no paper ones. Any ideas on sourcing these paper gaskets?
The steel one looks fine although I am unsure if it would work without a paper one as well? If it was aluminum or copper I could see it being a crush type but it is definitely steel (has rust).
Thoughts on the gaskets? Should I just try to cut my own?

Jordan Baker 20-02-19 09:16

I believe the steel one to be a shim. In the MB-C2 manual there is a very good detailed write up on the servicing and rebuilding of the transfer cases.

Jordan Baker 27-02-19 16:04

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have a source for the through bolts used on these brass blocks and for the rear brake one? All of mine were rusted junk. Are the front ones the same as the rear ones?

Harry Moon 27-02-19 22:29

Check these

https://www.macsautoparts.com/early_...ial-truck.html

rob love 27-02-19 23:21

NAPA has them complete with or without washers. You just need to know your thread size (usually 7/16-20 on most of the old North American stuff). Use the term "Banjo" bolt when talking to the (oldest) parts guy. I find the younger parts guys go crosseyed when you use common terms like this.

If you lived closer, I have a bin of about 50 of them out in the shed.

Jordan Baker 28-02-19 00:02

Ok great. I just wasn’t sure as there seemed to be different ones. I’ve got an old school NAPA in town. I’ll go visit them tomorrow.

Jordan Baker 18-03-19 06:13

3 Attachment(s)
Not truly a modern part but these are measurements from NOS felt seals used in the steering knuckles.

These are for the 6” ones but are the same for the 5” axles except in overall length.

The length is 24-1/2”

Phil Waterman 18-03-19 18:00

Felt Steering Ball Seals

Hi Jordan

Thanks, good information to add to CMP Knowledge Base.

I've been using leather replacements since 1979 back then it was really hard to get information on CMPs. My first discussions with anybody who could answer questions was via regular mail. The first responses I got were from guys in Australia and New Zealand.

Cheers Phil

Jacques Reed 17-11-19 00:31

Transmission seal- Ford CMP

2 Attachment(s)
Good Day,

Here's another seal number that fits the Ford transmission rear seal to add to CR 21211

KOK brand Part No. TC 12167, rubber covered. They conveniently even give the dimensions embossed on the seal, in inches no less! KOK is a Taiwanese company so probably available worldwide. Cost $10 at the local bearing shop in Australia.

Cheers,

Hanno Spoelstra 17-11-19 15:05

Ian found out the hard way (= buying the wrong seal), that the Ford F15A seal front hub inner 5", Ford part number C01Q-1190B matches with SKF/ CR 49998 with ID 5" and OD 6.25"

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...638#post264638

Jacques Reed 17-11-19 23:17

Buying the wrong parts

Hi Hanno,

It is easy enough to do, get the wrong part, I have a box or two of them, but measurements in the case of seals are the only true way to go. Even then, take the sample and, if possible, the part it is intended to fit to the shop. I did that with the rear transmission mount and seal and the bearing dealer confirmed my measurements.

Of course, in these days of mail order only without bricks and mortar shops it is often hard to compare parts.

I downloaded the CR Seals Handbook (SKF) and it is a wealth of information besides listing available sizes of seals and Speedi Sleeves. Recommended download for any restorer of any vehicle.

Cheers,

Tony Smith 18-11-19 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra (Post 264655)
Ian found out the hard way (= buying the wrong seal), that the Ford F15A seal front hub inner 5", Ford part number C01Q-1190B matches with SKF/ CR 49998 with ID 5" and OD 6.25"

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...638#post264638

Where did Ian's info come from? Was it the .zip file I posted in Post #10 on page 1, or is there another table? I no longer have Excel on my computer so can't read that table, but Keith's post #19 still has that info brought across on his webpage and it clearly shows C01Q-1190B to be a 5" seal and part number 49998. Where has the conflicting info come from?

Hanno Spoelstra 21-11-19 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 264710)
Where did Ian's info come from? Was it the .zip file I posted in Post #10 on page 1, or is there another table? I no longer have Excel on my computer so can't read that table, but Keith's post #19 still has that info brought across on his webpage and it clearly shows C01Q-1190B to be a 5" seal and part number 49998. Where has the conflicting info come from?

Hi Tony,

Going back through the releated threads the correct info was there indeed, but I did not help with muddling it up. The p/n I shared is correct for the seal with the dimensions shown, but that seal does not cross reference to C01Q-1190B. It now turns out I was wrongly informed and have been sold the wrong seal as as well...

Anyway, I have offered compensation and invited Ian to add his lessons-learned to this thread.