MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Registering Vehicles (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15152)

Nigel Watson 03-08-10 11:20

Registering Vehicles

Hi
Wondering if our Ford experts can help me. I am at the stage of registering my Ford 01A and 11T over here in Scotland and have been asked for the usual chassis numbers etc. which I have. They are now asking me for a tie up between the chassis numbers and the model number to prove the years of manufacture! Is there such a thing? Does anyone know the breakdown of the chassis numbers and what they represent? Failing this I will just copy the model specs, patent plate and all the numbers I have and ask them to get on with it!

Thanks
Nigel

Phil Waterman 03-08-10 14:30

Little more info please

Hi Nigel

I'm not recognizing the designation "Ford 01A and 11T" if they are Ford CMP I may be able to help by looking them up in the old INFOEX CMP index. With the chassis number should find where it fits in the production run.

But hopefully some one will have a direct look up for the info you need.

Cheers Phil

cletrac (RIP) 03-08-10 15:32

On Fords the first part of the engine serial number is the year of manufacture. (2G etc)

Hanno Spoelstra 04-08-10 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Watson (Post 134377)
Wondering if our Ford experts can help me. I am at the stage of registering my Ford 01A and 11T over here in Scotland and have been asked for the usual chassis numbers etc. which I have. They are now asking me for a tie up between the chassis numbers and the model number to prove the years of manufacture! Is there such a thing? Does anyone know the breakdown of the chassis numbers and what they represent?

Nigel,

Would this be of any help?

http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/f...ialnumbers.htm

Regards,
Hanno

Hanno Spoelstra 04-08-10 21:40

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Waterman (Post 134383)
I'm not recognizing the designation "Ford 01A and 11T"

Phil,

This is a picture of Nigel's Ford 01A.

Hanno

David_Hayward (RIP) 04-08-10 23:03

Years

A model 0XX will be a 1940 Model Year and 1YY a 1941. Henry used engine numbers for rego purposes, and states usually used engine numbers untiol 1955 when the FBI required chassis/car numbers to be used in the interests of cracking sown on auto crime.

See also this chart:
http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/f...el_IDchart.htm

Ian McCallum 05-08-10 17:00

More Confused?

1 Attachment(s)
I am now more confused as I have what I have always referred to as an 01AF Ford Fordor.

From David's list this is correct for my '40 model, my understanding that Canadian produced vehicles had the 'F' denoting foreign. In line with other comments there is no stamping of the chassis/model number on the chassis.

Ian

David_Hayward (RIP) 05-08-10 17:28

Letters

C prefix = Canadian
A prefix = Australian, but very rarely used?
E = English-assembled, and so a Canadian vehicle assembled in Dagenham = EC prefix
G = Germany
R = Romania and so on

F suffix = right hand drive

malcolm erik bogaert 05-08-10 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Watson (Post 134377)
Hi
Wondering if our Ford experts can help me. I am at the stage of registering my Ford 01A and 11T over here in Scotland and have been asked for the usual chassis numbers etc. which I have. They are now asking me for a tie up between the chassis numbers and the model number to prove the years of manufacture! Is there such a thing? Does anyone know the breakdown of the chassis numbers and what they represent? Failing this I will just copy the model specs, patent plate and all the numbers I have and ask them to get on with it!

Thanks
Nigel

Nigel give me a mail and I will tell how to get the vehicle registered within 2 weeks at very little cost as the chap is acredited to the DVLA..best regards malcolm :thup:

David_Hayward (RIP) 05-08-10 22:14

Another chap

Chris Taylor of the Historic Commercial Vehicle Society will probably be able to help you: e-mail

He lives in South Wales and has a good relationship I think with the DVLA in Swansea.

ted angus 06-08-10 15:22

Don't let that hippy paint job fool you all Its a Ford Prefect under the disguise !!

TED

Nigel Watson 06-08-10 23:49

Fire in the hole!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted angus (Post 134494)
Don't let that hippy paint job fool you all Its a Ford Prefect under the disguise !!

TED

At least its proper colours, not red....I mean green pretending to be red!!!
Hope you are well Ted.

Nigel

Nigel Watson 06-08-10 23:51

Working through all the information

Thanks for all info, am busy now working through it all.

Ian, even I could have told you F was for Front Wheel Drive...I mean Right Hand Down!! or Rear Hub Damaged!!!
How's my brother Ford doing?

Nigel

Ian McCallum 09-08-10 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Watson (Post 134513)
Thanks for all info, am busy now working through it all.

Ian, even I could have told you F was for Front Wheel Drive...I mean Right Hand Down!! or Rear Hub Damaged!!!
How's my brother Ford doing?

Nigel

:bang:I knew that! 'F' means 'Foreign' = not made in the U.S. = Made in Canada for those silly places that don't drive on the same side of the road = Foreign = Right Hand Drive! Bugger, that means mine was right in the first place, so will now have to convert it all back!!

To answer the question still awaiting time and enthusiasm to finish. Was up and running with MOT, took it to get retrimmed, problem with brakes due to blocked master cylinder return. Easy fix, completed within several weeks. However........ while under there decided to do wheel cylinders, lead to shoes coming off, lead to backplates coming off lead to underside repaint!! Then Carryall came along requiring work for Normandy Tour, Then WOC 1, then :kangaroo Chevy Ute requiring preparation for 90th Anniversary fof Passendaelle, Bethune Trip and Normandy again. This year it was all stops out on the WOC1 for Guernsey and Dunkirk, going like a dream :thup2: 2,500 trouble free miles. Therefore 01A'F' still on axle stands. Will complete sometime, unless something else comes along!

Ian