MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Military Shows & Events (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Prairie Command/Shilo outing 2017 May (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27384)

Rob Fast 08-05-17 02:03

Prairie Command/Shilo outing 2017 May

1 Attachment(s)
A great day hosted by Rob Love. We started at the museum at 10 AM ,then moved on to the dust bowl, then Rob's/museums workshop, and ended up at his place for a tour of his yard, and food and beverages. Hopefully more pics will show up here from members in attendance there. Thanks Rob

rob love 08-05-17 03:57

Just got in myself. All the chairs and tables are put away, the modular dropped, the canvas folded and put away, and the fridge, stereo, M38A1 and C1 howitzer are safely tucked back into the quonset. Looks like I beat the rain by a very short period of time.

Perfect 20° day, albeit a little windy. I didn't have one woodtick, but when I was putting things away, I opened up one of those carshow pamphlets Gord Falk was giving away and there was a tick in there. About the same time a lone mosquito tried to bite me.....imagine that, a mosquito in shilo. Well, there WAS a mosquito in shilo.

Looking forward to the photos as well.

David Dunlop 08-05-17 13:51

It probably travelled in from Steinbach with Gord.

David

Rob Fast 09-05-17 01:21

The deal of the year!

2 Attachment(s)
Well done Rob.

Bob Carriere 09-05-17 03:29

Hey.......

Those look very familiar.

Rob, you think mosquitoes are bad ......we had snow on and off all day..... not enough to accumulate but still we are in May......

Cheers

rob love 09-05-17 06:21

Yes, they should be familiar. I have been buying various pieces and parts for them over the past winter, and with sandblasting season now here, I have to dig a new sandpit and get busy.

Bob, Bob, Bob.....don't complain about snow to a Manitoban......I remember shoveling the tennis courts in mid June so we could play tennis. And we just had a major snowstorm that shut things down about a month back. There is still snow in some ditches and on some hills, but admittedly it is getting harder to find.

It may well have been Gord Falk was trying to plant the woodticks and mosquitos in shilo. He is a retired Natural resources officer......at the BBQ portion he mentioned we should not kill a woodtick we find on ourselves.....we have to gently remove him and set him back free. After all, without some "enemy of the year", be it Lyme disease from the ticks, or WestNile Virus from the mosquitos, they would be out of a job.

derk derin 09-05-17 18:24

5 Attachment(s)
Well thanks to my wife Dawn (who was the only woman on the tour) there are a few photo's to show! Thanks again Rob for all your efforts and your collection gets bigger every time I pull in the yard. I think your safe winning the competition!

derk derin 09-05-17 18:25

More

5 Attachment(s)
More photo's;

derk derin 09-05-17 18:26

And more

5 Attachment(s)
Some more;

derk derin 09-05-17 18:28

More

5 Attachment(s)
And more photo's:

derk derin 09-05-17 18:30

More

5 Attachment(s)
And some more;

derk derin 09-05-17 18:32

And finally

4 Attachment(s)
The last 4 photo's;

rob love 09-05-17 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by derk derin (Post 237614)
I think your safe winning the competition!

Whoever dies with the most toys wins. However, since I am a little older than you, I have to make sure I have a healthy edge, in case you wait until after I am gone to try and catch up and surpass me.

Of course, the wives, who will be left with the mess to clean up, may disagree with my synopsis.