MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   COROWA - THE EVENT (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jif in Australia (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8287)

Vets Dottir 2nd 19-03-07 23:46

By the way, I was EXTREMELY glad when I first heard about the propane tank explosion that no one was hurt. Talk about a very lucky bunch of people WHEW ...

Karmen

Dinty 20-03-07 00:00

G'day All, Gee and I thought we were just going to steal it and relocate it to NSW :confused cheers Dennis :sheep:

Vets Dottir 2nd 20-03-07 00:04

Quote:

Originally posted by Dinty
G'day All, Gee and I thought we were just going to steal it and relocate it to NSW :confused cheers Dennis :sheep:
Well, I s'pose we could always try that for another Corowa ... I'm game if you're game :D

Ma Yappy

phoenix 20-03-07 02:14

Well the missus and I had a great time at corowa. it was our first year, but coming from Tassie, rather hot and humid. I saw the mercury reach some rather high levels a couple of times :eek:

Still, hopefully I can make it back a few more times, just need to sort out how to get bub there ;)

Keefy, I know that your page says that the amphibs didn't swim, but I know that my missus and I wrangled a swim in a GPA on Friday :cool:

Vets Dottir 2nd 20-03-07 06:23

Hi Folks,

I heard earlier today that Keefy is taking Jif round to a couple of Tank museums today, so that should be fun and we should hear about it after they're back at Keefy's and have at the computers :)

Karmen

Vets Dottir 2nd 20-03-07 07:33

Quote:

Originally posted by cliff
looks like Jif is in Hog Heaven especially with the mix of Tim Tams and CMP's :eek:

Cheers
Cliff :)

Don't think I didn't notice the Tim Tams .... grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

:D

Karmen :coffee

Howard 20-03-07 23:56

Photers

1 Attachment(s)
Some happy snaps...
The Boys (Errol & Sid), about to have their first ride in a Blitz. Ewan's CGT courtesy of pilot Keith.

Howard 21-03-07 00:01

And more...

1 Attachment(s)
After our ride. From Left
"Ganmain Tony", Keith, Me, Sid & Errol.

Howard 21-03-07 00:06

Yet more

1 Attachment(s)
Ride #2
The Kid's do a few laps in Fiona's Jeep.
(Lucky she didn't give them a dink on her bike!)

Howard 21-03-07 00:14

Ride #3

1 Attachment(s)
Unbelievably spoilt, the Kids head out for ride #3 in Ashley's Jeep.
Thanks Ash, Mel, Fiona, Ewan & Keith! The Kids had a great day and are now pushing me to complete the F15. Pitty I will have to sell one of the Kids to finance the restoration...

cliff 21-03-07 01:35

Re: Ride #3

Quote:

Originally posted by Howard
Unbelievably spoilt, the Kids head out for ride #3 in Ashley's Jeep.
Thanks Ash, Mel, Fiona, Ewan & Keith! The Kids had a great day and are now pushing me to complete the F15. Pitty I will have to sell one of the Kids to finance the restoration...

Is that a C60X in the background of this photo?

Cheers
Cliff :)

Keith Webb 21-03-07 01:51

Yes

It surely is a C60X and just wait for the video - there is some spectacular footage of it getting hung up crossing a SERIOUS gully!

The rear body is not original though.

Vets Dottir 2nd 21-03-07 06:17

Well Folks, I have just been informed by our own Master Keefy that our own Master Jif is currently airborne for a short one hour flight to Ganmain where Howard will catch him when he lands ... :)

Happy Landings Geoff!

Karmen

Keith Webb 21-03-07 07:37

Landing

Well, actually the landing will hopefully have taken place in Wagga Wagga as to land in Ganmain would involve running through many barbed wire fences in a cloud of embarassment for the pilot. ;)

Howard will have him most of the way home by now I'd imagine.

Vets Dottir 2nd 21-03-07 07:40

Re: Landing

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
Well, actually the landing will hopefully have taken place in Wagga Wagga as to land in Ganmain would involve running through many barbed wire fences in a cloud of embarassment for the pilot. ;)

Howard will have him most of the way home by now I'd imagine.

Hmmmm ... better Wagga Wagga then ... one exciting landing quite enough for one trip :D

(Thanks for the correction Keith)

Karmen

Howard 21-03-07 23:51

Touchdown Wagga Wagga

1 Attachment(s)
Ganmain's Canadian Military Presence has been significantly boosted overnight with the arrival of our weary traveler.
The flight was reported as being excellent, and, it appears, Geoff has fallen in love again. Sorry no photo of the air hostie!
Pic: Touchdown Wagga Wagga

Howard 21-03-07 23:56

Wagga Wagga

1 Attachment(s)
Tired, but holding up OK...

Howard 21-03-07 23:56

Special Visitor 11

1 Attachment(s)
Jiff was not the only special visitor at Wagga Wagga Airport yesterday!

This was a T-6 Harvard with a 600 hp Pratt and Whitney radial growling away, similar to the one owned by Doug Hamilton which visited the display at Corowa airport.

Vets Dottir 2nd 22-03-07 00:01

Wow ... is that a pilot I see in the war plane and is it taxi-ing? :)

I'm enjoying your photos of your family and rides and Jif's visit ... and really like that old plane!

Jif ... were you the only passenger then? :D You look so "singular" for people getting off the flight. Where did the rest of the passengers go?

Ma

Vets Dottir 2nd 22-03-07 01:22

Hello Ozziez ... according to the online World Clock, it's about 10:20 a.m. around Melbourne timezone ... what will it be then, Vegemite on Roo for Brunch? :D

Has Jif tasted any of the Australian Cuisine like 'Roo and such, as yet? And is he hopping around now? Very curious, I am, I am ... :)

Karmen

Keith Webb 22-03-07 01:57

Cuisine

Howard may be planning to roast some 'roo and perhaps some emu or wombat too.

Depends on what roadkill they find I s'pose.

Vets Dottir 2nd 22-03-07 02:59

Re: Cuisine

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
Howard may be planning to roast some 'roo and perhaps some emu or wombat too.

Depends on what roadkill they find I s'pose.

If Jif forgets which side of the road to walk on and forgets to walk upside down, maybe Howard will have to serve Roast Jiferoo? :eek: :D

Howard 22-03-07 04:31

Big Morning Out

1 Attachment(s)
First port of call, My F15
"Nice bit of kit", apparently...

zemsi 22-03-07 04:32

Roo

1 Attachment(s)
... hmm, Roo is very yummi ;-) Here's a freshly "road kill".

Howard 22-03-07 04:43

Morning out...

1 Attachment(s)
Second port-of-call
Tony's F60L
"Wholy F---en S--t Tony, you got some work here!"

Keith Webb 22-03-07 06:18

Re: Roo

Quote:

Originally posted by zemsi
... hmm, Roo is very yummi ;-) Here's a freshly "road kill".
Where's the shot of you eating it, Chris? ;)

Quote:

"Wholy F---en S--t Tony, you got some work here!"
Geoff was always good at understatement... but to us it's a piece of P15SS! :salute:

zemsi 22-03-07 07:57

Lucy

1 Attachment(s)
When having diner in Corowa, Jif met the latest MLU Member: Black Hot Lucy! Gosh, a ripper Bushgirl. Jif couldn't take her on his Aussie tour, the owner needs her for other business...

zemsi 22-03-07 08:00

International Diner

1 Attachment(s)
... quite an international diner: photographer Chris (Switzerland), Jif (Canada), John (Aussie) and Henry (France).

Vets Dottir 2nd 22-03-07 08:07

Re: Lucy

Quote:

Originally posted by zemsi
When having diner in Corowa, Jif met the latest MLU Member: Black Hot Lucy! Gosh, a ripper Bushgirl. Jif couldn't take her on his Aussie tour, the owner needs her for other business...
Why am I NOT surprized that Black Hot Lucy is BLOND!!! :D :D :D

Howard 23-03-07 06:20

Kicking Back...

1 Attachment(s)
And in the evenings.... Kicking back & sucking in clean air.