MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apologies (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13574)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 09-10-09 14:26

Apologies

Ladies & Gents,

I'm sorry for the recent outage, but we were hacked. I've managed to restore services now, but will be taking steps to ensure this doesn't happen again... this might involve sudden outages, but you will receive a screen indicating same rather than an "offline" message. Please bear with me here!

Jif

Alex van de Wetering 09-10-09 21:00

Geoff,

Thank g*d.....for a minute I was afraid we lost all our material.

Thanks for the good work again. We will certainly beer with you.... :cheers:

Alex

peter simundson 09-10-09 21:04

Downtime

Geoff....You have nothing...zero...to apologize for. You've got a great site that everyone under the sun uses almost for free and you do all the work to maintain it. This last outage was unnerving because it is just natural to zip in three times a day to check things out and when you aren't there.......PANIC.
Like calling your kid in the backyard and she doesn't show up.
Starting next year every site user should mail you $5 cash. A crummy $5 from everyone would make your life easier.
I'll be first.

Peter Simundson

Hanno Spoelstra 09-10-09 21:19

Geoff,

Thanks for repelling the hack attack. We need you on that wall! :D

Hanno

barriefield-brian 09-10-09 21:28

Thank you for getting us back on line. Strange how some idiots get their jollies trying to cause destruction. Brian

Alex Blair (RIP) 09-10-09 22:03

Hacked..!!

Jif
Thanks from Indy...my grandson and I have our favourite "old truck" site back..he is two and the first thing he wants to do is get on MLU with granddad and see the old trucks..Many thanks again from Alex and Liam..
:remember :support

Phil Waterman 10-10-09 00:27

Once again our thanks for your work Geoff

Thank you Geoff for once again repelling boarders who would sink the good ship MLU. Don't know what I'd do without my daily MLU.

Cheers and thanks

Phil

hrpearce 10-10-09 00:34

Jif the only one who should be apoligising is the moron who caused the problem. :no4: This apoligy should be given in the fetal position on a gurney in emergency while the medics are removeing your steel cap boot from their butt :fry: :fry:

Lionelgee 10-10-09 00:44

YOur Back

G'day Geoff,

It is just wonderful your back on line and that an good friend has returned :note:

The days were not the same without being able to check out the latest on MLU.

Kind Regards
Lionel

Richard Coutts-Smith 10-10-09 01:21

Hear, Hear to all the above.
Rich

Ryan 10-10-09 10:08

No apology needed.
Thank you Jiff for all that you do behind the screens. :D
And a big piss-off :no4: to you bloody hackers.

Adame 10-10-09 19:19

Glad to meet you again after 30 years Geoff.

This site is great. Always happy to support MLU.

I'll PM you about my tank search. I am very interested

Cheers
Adame :no4:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 12-10-09 14:22

Well, we're upgraded to the latest possible version now. Let me know if you see anything wrong as you use the various sections!

hrpearce 12-10-09 22:14

:thup2: :thup2: I just posted a test thread and everything worked fine Thanks Jif. :cheers:

Tony Smith 13-10-09 10:29

The functioning of the site is as good as possible, but access is still a thorny issue, with "Site not responding" messages still happening. Is this also going on in North America or elsewhere, or is it just a local issue here (Southern Hemisphere, Australia, rural NSW or just Lithgow?)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 13-10-09 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 120397)
The functioning of the site is as good as possible, but access is still a thorny issue, with "Site not responding" messages still happening. Is this also going on in North America or elsewhere, or is it just a local issue here (Southern Hemisphere, Australia, rural NSW or just Lithgow?)

It happens here occasionally Tony, but not nearly as often as I understand it happens Downunder. Now that I've recovered from the hack, upgraded and (mostly) stabilised the forum, that'll be my next assigned task. Methinks it won't be until next week, though... I'll keep you all posted on schedules.

Jif

Pedr 14-10-09 07:51

outages

Afternoon Gentlemen,

Jif - Sir, I am also having difficulties logging in 9 of 10 times. Currently in Thailand.

So Tony, not just a Lithgow thing, but good Mk 1 brens are!

" In Thailand for MLU, I'm Pedr Horley :yappy:"

PS get my car today, tomorrow going to find the flying tiger's P40 in this city
and planing a trip to Saraburi to see Tank Museum and Hellfire Pass and Bridge over River Kwai. Will report back soon, with really good pics ( I'm the pushy type when it comes to taking photos - don't usually stay behind the rope )