MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A bolt of lightning? (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=472)

Keith Webb 12-05-03 23:18

A bolt of lightning?

Seems there was some electrical interference with the second caption competition thread... so here is the pic again..

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/Canada/singing.jpg

Those without a bolt of lightning in their avatar feel free to add a caption.

Those with a bolt of lightning feel free to send fire and brimstone:)

Mark W. Tonner 13-05-03 00:39

Re: A bolt of lightning?

Keith;

Is this a picture of the Aussie version of a 'Von Trapp' family outing in the Outback, with a Canadian cast of course, with the Empress bursting into a round of 'The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of...................' or did Carman do something behind the Empress' back or to the Empress :eek: :rolleyes:

Well I'm on the subject, your co-driver looks a bit bewildered, or did he just realize that he was in 'OZ'............ :D

Cheers :p

Keith Webb 13-05-03 01:04

Re: Re: A bolt of lightning?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Keith;

Is this a picture of the Aussie version of a 'Von Trapp' family outing in the Outback, with a Canadian cast of course, with the Empress bursting into a round of 'The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of...................' or did Carman do something behind the Empress' back or to the Empress :eek: :rolleyes:

Well I'm on the subject, your co-driver looks a bit bewildered, or did he just realize that he was in 'OZ'............ :D

You may be right, Mark - this could be a dysfunctional version of the Von Trapp family - not sure whether the Empress is excited by something Carman Geddit is doing or by the proximity of the co-driver (with whom she is sharing the space).
The bewilderment often stems from those sandwiches you Canadians sometimes have for breakfast :D

Vets_Dottir 13-05-03 01:05

Waiting....

I'm waiting for lightening to strike the poster again.:cool:

Keith Webb 13-05-03 01:18

Re: Waiting....

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets_Dottir
I'm waiting for lightening to strike the poster again.:cool:
You girls are SO aggressive sometimes:eek:

Mark W. Tonner 13-05-03 01:35

Lightning

1 Attachment(s)
Keith;

I think I figured out the picture.....:eek:

A) - notice the look of surprise on the Empress' face

B) - notice that devilish grin on the face of Little Miss Yappy

Me thinks I know 'Who Threw The Lightning Bolt' and 'Who Received Said Lightning Bolt' :rolleyes: :eek:

This also explains the bewildered look on the face of the co-driver......has he thinks to himself...........'What's that burning smell' ??? :eek: :rolleyes:

:D :p

Bob Moseley (RIP) 13-05-03 10:40

Picture Interpretation

I believe the face of gentleman with the glasses, directly in front of the ladies, is a cardboard cut out and this gentleman is actually sitting facing the rear. Work it out. As for Kartman I believe the medication was increased hence the euphoric non compis-mentis look.

Bob

Vets_Dottir 15-05-03 15:23

Hmmmm....................

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
You girls are SO aggressive sometimes:eek:

For EMPRESS JULIA.... there was a line in a movie that I really dug. For WOMEN.... the line (and I improvise)

"Some.t.i.m.e.s....Empress, SOMETIMES being a B#TCH is all a woman has left to hold onto."

Whaddayah say....shall we cut loose the inner B#TCH and let 'em have it???? Whaddayah think???

Now back to you:D ;)

Reckless Karmen:eek:

Keith Webb 15-05-03 23:23

Go for it, gals

From the safety of Australia :D we await developments in the feminine faction (don't we, Bob?);)

Vets_Dottir 16-05-03 14:57

Re: Go for it, gals

Quote:

From the safety of Australia :D we await developments in the feminine faction (don't we, Bob?);)
[COLOR=red]Ahhh Shucks.... we all know, don't we, that my YAP is bigger than my BITE. I'm too LITTLE to do much damage and my YAPPY-NESS drains my old arthritic self of energy I could better use in silent contemplation of vengeance (in a gentler, yet more profound and far-reaching way, than Steven Kings' "Determined Delores Claibourne") for WOMEN on the receiving end of Masculine One-Up-Manship upon women. Ahhh... the battles of the sexes... there are many ways for battles to be fought, but there are many ways to win a war by avoidance of battles, thereby surviving long enuf to win the war. WOMEN... are truly PATIENT and WISE when it really counts.

Face it guys... we women are just natural WINNERS. Men USE power, BUT, women ARE Power.:eek: :p (gee...maybe I am nasty:D )

Bob Moseley (RIP) 17-05-03 01:22

Re. re. Go For It Gals

Hi Kartman - in the words of Homer Simpson "Duh!!".

Hi Keith - too profound for my simple male mind. But watch these self-efacing, fluttering eyelid comments as behind them lie the Lysistrata syndrome. And if you start getting sharp pains in your body it means a voodoo cult has started in West Kootenays.

From a bunker deep in Adelaide - Bob

Empress Julia 18-05-03 19:08

Re: Hmmmm....................

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets_Dottir
For EMPRESS JULIA.... there was a line in a movie that I really dug. For WOMEN.... the line (and I improvise)

"Some.t.i.m.e.s....Empress, SOMETIMES being a B#TCH is all a woman has left to hold onto."

Whaddayah say....shall we cut loose the inner B#TCH and let 'em have it???? Whaddayah think???

Now back to you:D ;)

Reckless Karmen:eek:

I'm holding onto my inner bitch by my fingernails...sometimes I think it's wasted here in London! Geoff is hoping that I'll leave it HERE, I'm sure! *LOL* Ever wonder why we don't see any of these type of pics with KEITH in them?? Hmmmmmmmm? Cuz he's always holding the damn camera, that's why! :D

Empress Julia 18-05-03 19:09

Re: Go for it, gals

Quote:

I notice that you need Bob for cover. Why is that, do you think??? :D

Vets_Dottir 18-05-03 20:10

Re: Re: Hmmmm....................

Quote:

Originally posted by Empress Julia
I'm holding onto my inner bitch by my fingernails...sometimes I think it's wasted here in London! Geoff is hoping that I'll leave it HERE, I'm sure! *LOL* Ever wonder why we don't see any of these type of pics with KEITH in them?? Hmmmmmmmm? Cuz he's always holding the damn camera, that's why! :D
YEP... Keith plays dirty cause he's got the pics. Hmmmm ... any ideas on how to "equalize" ???;) I'm with you all the way girl...you GO!!! I'm out of my element in here. Maybe someonehas some pics of Keith hanging round close to a scanner??? One can only hope;) :D

HEY KEITH... lookit this--> :p

Keith Webb 19-05-03 00:05

But I AM in a pic...

Have a close look at the driver of the CMP with you gals hanging out the top!

Vets_Dottir 19-05-03 05:52

Re: But I AM in a pic...

Quote:

Have a close look at the driver of the CMP with you gals hanging out the top!

Gee KEITH...Thanks for the "heads up" regards your "head" in the photo... hmmm...now if only I had a program to play with pictures. You frustrate me:rolleyes: :p

:) LMY Carman

Keith Webb 19-05-03 10:15

To Carman

Mwoohah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaa;)

Vets_Dottir 19-05-03 10:24

Re: To Carman

Quote:

Mwoohah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaa;)

Gee...what a nice guy....oh, and I sent you a private message a million days ago regards "Vets_Dottir" and you haven't read ityet I see! Wake - UP!:p :p :p Vets_Dottir:rolleyes: