MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Universal Carrier parts needed for resto (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27004)

John Stickney 20-02-17 19:03

Universal Carrier parts needed for resto

I'm looking for carb, generator with fan, instruments/switches and rear armour behind diff.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark II CT267144.

Thanks, John.

maple_leaf_eh 21-02-17 00:33

Englehart

Welcome to the green machine sickness!

I had to look up Englehart on the map. I've driven through the town many times enroute to somewhere else.

If you are rebuilding a carrier in Northern Ontario, chances are really good it was bought by someone who expected to run it in the woods. How much of the original carrier survived over the years?

John Stickney 22-02-17 02:03

what do you think of this?

1 Attachment(s)
when i got it home last fall

Attachment 88786

maple_leaf_eh 22-02-17 02:37

Your carrier

Now that is a beaut'! You have work to do, but not nearly as much as my initial thoughts. (We've all seen the sad photos of logging skidders and farm implement-conversions ... sniff and cry a tear.)

David Dunlop 22-02-17 03:25

VERY nice machine, John!

Is the production information stamped into the top edge of the armour plate directly in front of the driver still readable?

David

rob love 22-02-17 04:45

Lots of potential there...nice find.

I would far rather start with a gutted uncut hull than have a running cut hull. Good luck with the restoration.

Paul Dutton 22-02-17 08:29

Nice start to our fetish!!
Welcome and we do NEED our daily dose (for medicinal purposes you understand!!) of pictures. :blink:

RichardT10829 22-02-17 13:43

Welcome, and a nice complete hull you have there, makes all the difference !

John Stickney 22-02-17 16:02

the search continues...

Ya, just like the rest of you I'm pumped to get started. All numbers are legible and seems to be mostly complete, as far as options goes. All gun brackets and antenna mounts are still on it, and storage boxes too. Un fortunately someone helped themselves to the missing parts i mentioned and thus left the engine open to the elements for about 50years. I'm still hoping to rebuild it if it's not too badly cracked. I will post more pics once i begin hope fully in March. like everything else, life gets in the way of progress sometimes.

Jack Innes 22-02-17 18:29

John,

You have the hard parts there & intact! It looks like the armour that holds the rear axle has been removed for some reason. If so I have that section in good shape available.

Jack

John Stickney 22-02-17 20:23

Prep for rebuild time

1 Attachment(s)
rear shot of carrier

rob love 22-02-17 21:28

Oh-oh...looks like you are going to have to buy a mortar along with a Bren tripod. That is going to be an expensive carrier to outfit.

Save your marriage and your bank account.....send it to me.

John Stickney 22-02-17 21:52

LOL, I'll put you on the list of people for my kids to call when I kick the bucket.
I'm strill learning this forum but hang on. Just took another pic.

John Stickney 22-02-17 21:55

pic o the day

1 Attachment(s)
I should be ready when this crap thaws

daninnm 30-03-17 21:03

some engine compartment metal aprts

I have so of the rear engine compartment plates left over from a restoration ....also an instrument panel. DaninNM
505-tew692056