MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Canadian C1 SMG Mags (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23321)

Rob Aubin 09-02-15 00:58

Canadian C1 SMG Mags

Items found....

Thanks....... Rob

maple_leaf_eh 09-02-15 01:07

C1 mags

I was given a link to mcsherry auction outside Winnipeg for their upcoming spring auction. After the long list of ordinary and unordinary long guns and handguns, they have posted images of bulk lots. Way down near the bottom of the page is a group of STEN and what look like C1 SMG mags. There was no number shown, so you'd have to ask the contact address for more info.

Rob Aubin 09-02-15 01:17

Thanks for the information.. I will have to look into this.

...Rob

rob love 09-02-15 02:09

If you have British roller magazines and want to trade for Canadian C1 mags, I would be open to that. I have about a half dozen that I use with my Sterling Police Carbine.

Rob Aubin 09-02-15 21:56

Hi Rob,

I wish I had scooped up the Brit mags when I seen them because I would have certainly taken your offer... I still may be able to pick some up and will be sure to let you know if I do....

Rob

rob love 10-02-15 00:27

I live by the motto of: Buy it all and you'll never have to regret not having it. Of course, you may have to put up a couple sheds over the years to hold it all, and god help the executors of your estate, but it has always worked for me.

Rob

maple_leaf_eh 10-02-15 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 205832)
I live by the motto of: Buy it all and you'll never have to regret not having it. Of course, you may have to put up a couple sheds over the years to hold it all, and god help the executors of your estate, but it has always worked for me.

Rob

"Funeral at noon, auction at 2:00."

Rob Aubin 10-02-15 01:08

LOL... As I have only "just begun" my adventure from collecting to hoarding the green stuff.... lessons learned are presenting themselves daily... I bow humbly at the advice. :teach:

Bruce Parker (RIP) 10-02-15 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh (Post 205833)

My wife has me working on a spreadsheet for my stuff (item, description, estimated price) cross referenced to photos. Should I be worried?

chris vickery 10-02-15 02:30

Make her taste your oatmeal first... :p

rob love 10-02-15 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Parker (Post 205837)
My wife has me working on a spreadsheet for my stuff (item, description, estimated price) cross referenced to photos. Should I be worried?

Uh-oh. It could be something else. Don't ask me how I know.

rob love 10-02-15 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh (Post 205833)

I have given the wife a list......not of what things are worth but of who can come to the house after and who is not welcome. As to the values, I told her to do her research because some things that weigh a ton are worthless, and some things that can fit in the palm of your hand are over a month's salary.

Rob Aubin 12-02-15 22:39

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Rob... any chance you have a binocular case like this one in your collection that you are willing to part with?

Attachment 71221

rob love 12-02-15 23:57

Sorry, but no. I have a friend in the surplus business who may well have them, but I won't be out there until spring.

Rob Aubin 13-02-15 00:24

It was worth a shot... if I found everything I'm looking for all at once it would take away all the fun of looking.

Rob Aubin 09-04-15 22:12

Thanks guys for helping out... was able to get 4 mags and a binocular case for my collection.... cheers! :cheers:

rob love 09-04-15 23:38

Did you buy those mags from McSherries? I was at the auction and noted someone had a very high proxy bid on them.

Rob

Rob Aubin 10-04-15 03:25

I did get them there.... cost me about $40 each plus the government share... did you bid me up? lol

rob love 10-04-15 03:47

Can't remember if I bid on those or not. But the auctioneer was leaving his page of proxy bids right out in the open on top of the table where everyone could see them. It included a photo of what the bid was on, the max bid offered, who and where was making the offer. So I guess it would have been possible to run someone up, but since I was there to buy, and not a seller, there would not have been much point in that.

I saw a bunch of them at the Calgary gun show last weekend, and they were at $70 each, so it sounds like you did OK.

Rob Aubin 10-04-15 18:47

I was told they had way more than what was shown in the pictures online. I had asked about a few other items but they had no idea what I was talking about so I had to circle them in a picture and send it back to them. After the auction they said not everything even got to the audience and they still have a ton of stuff stored away for another event.

I hope you were able to score a few nice toys at a decent price for your collection..!

rob love 10-04-15 23:33

Yes, I did pick up a number of trays of good stuff. There were more than a few surprises in it all.

This particular auction house has very little knowledge about guns, so the circled photos really is the way to go with them.

maple_leaf_eh 11-04-15 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 207949)
Can't remember if I bid on those or not. But the auctioneer was leaving his page of proxy bids right out in the open on top of the table where everyone could see them. It included a photo of what the bid was on, the max bid offered, who and where was making the offer. So I guess it would have been possible to run someone up, but since I was there to buy, and not a seller, there would not have been much point in that.

I saw a bunch of them at the Calgary gun show last weekend, and they were at $70 each, so it sounds like you did OK.

Hardly seems like a fair auction, more like a cash sale at that point.