MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Field Artillery Tractor cab 13 body (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15428)

Rick DeBruyn 22-09-10 05:00

Field Artillery Tractor cab 13 body

4 Attachment(s)
Thought I would upload a few photos of a recent find. A cab 13, 7B2 body Field Artillery Tractor. It’s in fairly nice shape considering it was sitting out in the elements in a farmers back 40 since 1949. It had a 6” tree growing up through the unit! As you can see it is missing a few items; the left door, all the seats, a couple stores doors, a bit of floor board…probably more but I’m not yet familiar enough to know what a FAT should have. There is a couple of big access holes with covers missing to what looks like the winch area and a even bigger hole further back, might someone know what these access?

I don’t yet have the tractor cab and chassis so I’m on the hunt for one…anybody parting with one? Will be on the hunt for FAT bits and the publications as well. Need publications; parts list SE-39-42 & munitions and supply file no. 73-T-4.

Rick DeBruyn 22-09-10 05:04

Few more photos

3 Attachment(s)
I’m not sure if the bullet holes are authentic combat holes. 

Thanks Rob for your help loading.

cliff 22-09-10 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick DeBruyn (Post 136438)

I don’t yet have the tractor cab and chassis so I’m on the hunt for one…anybody parting with one? Will be on the hunt for FAT bits and the publications as well. Need publications; parts list SE-39-42 & munitions and supply file no. 73-T-4.

Well there will be a few folk very jealous of you as you have found the hard to find bit first so a chopped gun tractor cab/chassis should be easy to find. :thup2:

NORTH-SHORE(CANADA) 22-09-10 11:40

Hi,
Wow nice find :eek: :thup2:

aj.lec 22-09-10 11:49

Congratulations :cheers:
Brilliant pick up

Walde Libera 22-09-10 13:56

Gun Tractor 2B1 body

4 Attachment(s)
Rick

Fantastic find, great condition after 60 + years! Floor panels are all made of 1/8" steel. Rear large hole is for the winch access cover. Forward are 3 separate flat plates, center is just a square, both out board plates have a recess. Attached a few pics. Can give you measurements, just PM me.

This body 2B1 would not have a tire rack on top, 2B2 is the tag ID for a roof tire carrier equipped body. They used run flats on 2B1 so no spare was provided.

Left rear door would have to be made from scratch, just need to modify front cab hinges and a donor door for parts.

Walde in Vancouver

rob love 22-09-10 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick DeBruyn (Post 136439)
I’m not sure if the bullet holes are authentic combat holes. 

Thanks Rob for your help loading.

Rick
Hope your trip home was uneventful.

Not sure I should be admitting to helping you poach these items from MB. The artillery shell is one of the holy grails of collecting, so your long drive into Prairie Command territory is understandable. It is certainly a beautiful piece.

Stony Smith 22-09-10 14:56

you've got the back, I've got the front

wow, congrats -this shows treasures are still out there!

I'm looking for a back for my CGT, or at least the plans so I can build my own. Maybe I could talk you out of your rear section, or you could talk me out of the rest of the matching truck, same colour as well :p

derk derin 23-09-10 08:17

Nice Find!

Hi Rick,
Nice find.How long did it take to recover?Was the tree that was growing through it hard to remove?
ROB FAST are you seeing this?Right here in Manitoba!This is the body you need for your FAT restoration isn't it? Better start looking for another one before the Ontario poachers beat you to it.I understand that Rick filled out all of the necessary export permits to remove Manitoba military vehicle heritage and was legally removed from the province through Rob Love.
Again,nice find and more CMP's saved from the wilderness,
Derk.

rob love 23-09-10 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by derk derin (Post 136500)
Hi Rick,
I understand that Rick filled out all of the necessary export permits to remove Manitoba military vehicle heritage and was legally removed from the province through Rob Love.

Woah!!! Wait a minute. He told me he had sent the application in to our club executive and had received a faxed copy of the approval. I trusted that he had. I did not see any supporting documentation.

I would like to change my previous story. I wasn't there, nobody saw me, and you can't prove a thing.