MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Auction and Classified Ad Site Heads Up (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   F15 cab 11 on kijiji (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24205)

rob love 30-07-15 20:47

F15 cab 11 on kijiji

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a listing for a nice solid looking Ford cab 11, and priced right as well at 1K.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Located in Biggar Saskatchewan, just a short trip from Saskatoon. Just look for the sign outside of town: New York is big, but this is Biggar.

Bob Carriere 30-07-15 22:53

Very nice early Ford.

If it was not so far........ price is reasonable and looks fairly complete.

I see it includes a spare piston !!!!!!!

Early model with no air vents, no roof hatch, ........wonder it the rear pintle set up is still there?

Hopes someone gets it from MLU out West.

Cheers

rob love 30-07-15 22:57

I know Neil Yeo is interested in such a truck, but his plans are not pure. He was wanting to modify a CMP. This is too nice a project for that kind of fate, but I am sure he will see this post tonight.

I would save it, but as it stands I have more vehicles than a guy should have.

The piston is likely from a Chev. Around these parts, Fords eat Chevs. Much like chicken bones, chev pistons are not edible.

Bob Carriere 30-07-15 23:00

Will tell his Dad....

Just so Gord can give him a good dressing up!!!!!

Cheers

rob love 30-07-15 23:03

Can't trust his Dad either. Gord has exported trucks from the West without applying for the necessary export approval from Prairie Command. Mind you, such approval is almost never given, but you still have to follow the rules.

Gordon Yeo 31-07-15 01:09

unloved trucks in the West.

Bob
Rob Love says we have too much money to spend in Ontario, I can see his point. All those beautiful rust free trucks sat around every where in the west and nobody out there wants them. But, if some one from east of Kenora even breaths on one all Hell breaks loose.

Neil has been corrupted by hanging out at the Artillery Museum, some very unsavoury influences there. That FORD is just what he wants for his project and having Manitoba plates on his truck will make him look local.

Neil, go for it. Even if, it is a Ford.

Yeo.NT 31-07-15 02:08

Well since I have been mentioned a few times its time I add my 2 cents.

To Rob I am looking a F8 to modify and it would be bolt on able to remove said modifications.

Dad, I would be out the door tomorrow to get it but I have enough projects to sort out first

rob love 31-07-15 03:46

Hah hah....I knew giving him that Dingo to work on would wear him out.

Neil: If you want to go for this truck, your Manitoba citizenship is good enough to qualify you...no permits needed. The Saskatchewan truck is just 7 hours away. Let me know if you want to go on a roadtrip. I think you may have to wait a long time to find a better one than this to start on.

Gordon Yeo 31-07-15 12:36

What an offer!

Neil

There is no such thing as too many projects when a CMP jewel like that is available. That is exactly what you want! Give your head a shake, Rob is offering to help!

Rob

Any word on possible transport for the lumber from Ontario?

Yeo.NT 09-08-15 07:55

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a long day but I have retrieved the F15, turns out it's a F8. More pictures and information will follow

rob love 09-08-15 11:34

Then that is exactly what you were looking for, isn't it Niel? Now you will experience the challenge of trying to find those tires in the North American market.

Inquiring minds need to know the serial number.

Gordon Yeo 09-08-15 17:28

Neil buys a truck!

1 Attachment(s)
Such an impetuous child, I don't know where he gets it from.

Yeo.NT 09-08-15 17:30

4 Attachment(s)
I have no idea what the serial number is since the data plates are gone as well as a few inspection covers for the dog house and the bonnet. The 13 inch rims have been welded into 16 inch rims, the roof has been pulled back and torn from the prairie winds. Engine, transmission and steering box are seized. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Yeo.NT 09-08-15 17:35

2 Attachment(s)
I am having difficulty up loading pictures will add more when I can. The previous owner told me his uncle bought this our of Westbourne Manitoba. He use to play it in as a child and tried many years to buy the truck from his uncle, his intent was to restore the vehicle once he did acquire it from his uncle, but at age 71 he has come to realize he has to many projects and not enough money or time to get around to it

rob love 09-08-15 23:13

Check on the siderail of the frame under the left door. The Cab 11s had the serial number in that area.

rob love 09-08-15 23:15

So is the whole 13" rim there, or just one side with the other side cut flat and attached to the 16" rim?

Yeo.NT 09-08-15 23:40

Short answer yes and no

Rob Fast 09-08-15 23:59

Good recovery Neil....

Let me know when you find a source for 13 inch rubber, I still need a couple for my C-8. Cheers Rob Fast

rob love 10-08-15 01:04

BKT from India makes a fairly decent looking version of the 13" tire in their sandstar pattern. The lesser ply tires are rated to 40 mph, but they are not DOT rated, so technically not legal for road use in North America.

BKT has a Cdn distributor, and Tirecraft in Winnipeg carries the brand. I placed a call to them a few weeks ago, but never got a call back. I need to pursue this avenue, as the museum is in need of 8 at this time. Add 4 for Niel and 4 for Rob, and the order is starting to become reasonable.

https://www.bkt-tires.com/en/pattern/sand-star

Yeo.NT 10-08-15 03:27

4 Attachment(s)
A few more pictures, The Serial No. is 1G-2818F hopefully this is correct, Rob or someone else can divulge more information about my truck.

rob love 10-08-15 04:30

1G models ran from 1G-175 to 1G-11500 spanning Nov 1 1939 to Oct 1 1940. So yours falls into the early part of 1940 I would suspect. The F and star are just to show the end of the serial number, and to prevent the used car dealers from adding numbers to change a vin.

Nice early fuel tank with the short straight neck and the change valve on the tank. Seems to me they had a small portion baffled off as a reserve tank.

Hanno Spoelstra 10-08-15 12:24

4 Attachment(s)
Neil,

First of all, congrats on buying this truck :thup2:

I seem to recall we have seen this F8 on this forum before.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 212325)
Here is a listing for a nice solid looking Ford cab 11, and priced right as well at 1K.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Located in Biggar Saskatchewan, just a short trip from Saskatoon. Just look for the sign outside of town: New York is big, but this is Biggar.

Saving details for future reference:
Quote:

Military Truck RCA

Date Listed 16-Jul-15
Price $1,000.00
Address Biggar, SK S0K
For Sale By Owner
Colour Yellow
Year 1942
Kilometers 100000

Description
Selling a 1942 Ford Military Truck .The Military Truck is as is condition . The drive train is their .The vehicle is rough but comes with a story a RCAF Medical vehicle that landed on this farm yard ..who knows from where something you can research if you buy .The vehicle will need to loaded as not running so trip also to farm outside of Biggar .. I am looking for the best offer ..Please phone if you need more info ..Thankyou Ray

Attachment 75536 Attachment 75537 Attachment 75538 Attachment 75539

super dave 11-08-15 09:52

2 Attachment(s)
If you are looking for an alternative there is a Western Command member that has an 800 weight truck that he took a 15" trailer rim he had and cut out the center and bolted the combat rim into it and I believe he said he gave it a couple tack welds on the inside and is running 31x10.50x15 radial tires on his and it does not look too bad and works good until you find the right ones.

Alex van de Wetering 11-08-15 13:22

Nice catch Neil!

On the subject of tyres, don't forget the 9.00x13 tyres thread.

I think the supply of 9.00x13 tyres hasn't been as good as today, for a long time. A few years ago there was no supply of new tyres at all, nowadays, there is a choice of at least 4; MRF, Trelleborg, BKT and Alliance. However, I think all are marketed as farm tyres. I think Jim fitted the MRF or Trelleborg tyres on his 8cwt(?). Dave was looking at second hand aircraft tyres, I think (?)

Alex