MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Military Shows & Events (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Southern Ontario Military Muster 2012 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17425)

Mike Timoshyk 27-10-11 03:07

Southern Ontario Military Muster 2012

Hi Folks,

Mark your calendars ....25-26 August 2012...

Many new goodies added to the website www.militarymuster.org
and the hightlight of the event will be a Vietnam reenactment complete with a Vietnam Veteran "Slick" Huey in full operation. Just imadgine "dust offs" in front of the crowd ....not to mention the WW1 Trench raid and the WW2 re enactment.....New layout for the show....the battlefield area will be the parking lot and the parking lot will be the battlefield area....no traffic issues and rubber-necking from the highway will not be a bother. Traffic will not need to be blocked on the main highway. Much more anticipated but I cannot let the info out until confirmed. Keep checking and see you in August.

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org

J Henry 19-07-12 03:31

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this years show!

Things have been coming together nicely and we have changed a few things around this year with the layout, basicly we moved the re-enactment field in where the parking was the previous years which is going to help with the moving of vehicles to a from the field between re-enactments.

We are having a dance and BBQ on Saturday night for all you hungry gents and ladys who want dress for the part and grab a bite to eat and watch our live entertainment "The British Beat" which will being playing a lot of Vietnam era music.

If you haven't heard yet we have an actual Vietnam Veteran Huey helicopter coming this year and will be flying around and taking part in the Vietnam re-enactment which will consist of the Huey coming in and landing in the LZ and troops dismounting and jumping into a full fledged battle and then taking off again. The Huey will be flying on both the days so get your cameras ready and hang on to your hats cause it's going to be awesome! We will also be having the WWI trench and re-enactment and also a WWII re-enactment so if you want to get in on this then go to our website and register please.

This year we will also have some heavy armour consisting of a Russian BMP-1 APC and possibly a WWII Sexton both great pieces of kit that will have their own time slot after the re-enactments to shred up the little sod and give our spectators a first hand look at armour in motion, a must see for all!

There will be many vehicles at the show to see, on average 50-60 of them from jeeps to trucks to Universal Carriers, artillery guns etc from all over Ontario, Michigan and Ohio, plus many displays by the re-enactors to interact with. We have many vendors coming again this year if you need to find that piece of kit you don't have yet or just want to bring home something unique it will be at the show.

So check out our website at www.militarymuster.org or find us on Facebook and check out whats going on and if your a vendor or bringing your vehicle to the show please register early to save you some time when you come to the show.

More updates to come, look forward to seeing eveyone!

Best Regards,

Jason Henry
Vehicle Co-odinator

Perry Kitson 30-07-12 01:18

Lets have a show of hands of those hardy souls attending this year. I am feverishly trying to complete the Sexton to get it out this year. BMP and possibly the carrier are going.

Perry

Bruce Parker (RIP) 30-07-12 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Kitson (Post 168502)
Lets have a show of hands of those hardy souls attending this year. I am feverishly trying to complete the Sexton to get it out this year. BMP and possibly the carrier are going.

Perry

My wife says the Fox and carrier can attend.

Mike Timoshyk 30-07-12 20:49

Muster Madness

2 Attachment(s)
I will be there....what as ???? remains to be seen....

With Blondie and newbie

charlie fitton 30-07-12 21:12

[I]'m in with a new toy.....The usual crew will be on exercise, though...

Jordan Baker 01-08-12 21:35

I'll be there. Hopefully if same transport can be made I can bring the Carrier and Jeep.

Frank v R 02-08-12 01:22

Convoy to Muster

Some of us will be running a convoy from the Lake Simcoe area to the muster , planned route will be across Hwy 9 to 23 to 4 and then on to Hwy 3 and on to the Muster site , the plan is to also pick-up some vehicles in the St Thomas area , convoy speed will be 45 mph so please note that , there will also be a MRT in the group, everyone is welcome , please contact me for more info, 705-437-3757 or pm me ,
regards Frank

J Henry 12-08-12 04:11

We have a M113 APC and a M551 Sheridan tank coming along with Perry Kitsons BMP and hopefully his Sexton that he has feverously been trying to piece back together! There will be many other vehicles there from Half tracks, Universal Carriers, jeeps, trucks, artillery guns, vendors, re-enactors and a Saturday night Dance and BBQ :cheers: for all you hungry men and women that want to eat and listen to some live entertainment of "THE BRITISH BEAT"! :thup2:

It's going to be a GREAT weekend folks, Oh ya did I mention that there will be the sound of blades chopping through the air from a vintage Vietnam era Huey Helo!! :no4:

Mike Timoshyk 12-08-12 23:21

Muster Work Party

:Well it has been a very large day at the museum getting ready for the Muster. We had a good crew of volunteers and everything went "handsomely". WW1 Trench in the ground thanks to Jason Henry and his ability to pull construction equipment out of his @*& :rolleyes

Snow fencing went up according to Transport Canada flight :teach: regulations..watch tower, power cables and sandbags where distributed and a new entrance to the main field was dug with a culvert in place...those from last year may notice a difference. Especially in the location of the trench and the main operating field for battles and moving displays.....

Still a wee bit to do but the big chunk is done....thanks to all who lent a hand especially Geoff Bottoms who was tireless. :salute:

cheers for now :cheers: ....more updates as they come in as for numbers of participants who have registered .....NEED TO KNOW SO WE GET OUR RATIONS STRAIGHT.....hint hint..... registration link is on the website...:remember

Mike Timoshyk www.militarymuster.org

J Henry 19-08-12 20:14

Vehicles are arriving already at the museum, going to be a busy week and a great show next weekend, weather forcast is looking good!! Can't wait to see all the vehicles and people behind them! Have a safe trip to the show! :thup2:

The_Stainless_Steel_Rat 23-08-12 19:12

Will be arriving (with Mr. Fitton) and with any luck another vehicle in addition to his...! (Keeping with this years theme).

:doh:

Mike Timoshyk 23-08-12 21:09

H-43 hrs

The clock is ticking....the vehicles are arriving....early birds already on the ground setting up displays....final touches will be done tomorrow and all that is left is Friday night O-Group for ALL RE ENACTORS @ 2000hrs in the Mess Hall. Late comers can pick up blanks and powder then and Saturday morning.

Huey arrives tomorrow afternoon.....Whooo Hooooo

sees ya there...

mike timoshyk :thup2:

maple_leaf_eh 24-08-12 03:43

Have strength Mike! Hope all goes well for you.

J Henry 24-08-12 06:23

M113 APC and the M551 Sheridan arrived tonight all with many other vehicles, met some new people already and can't wait for the show to begin!! :thup2: :cheers:

Mike Timoshyk 24-08-12 17:30

H -22hrs

35+ vehicles on the ground with more arriving today.....displays coming together....vendors reporting in......lots of news coverage.....looking goood.

cheers

Mike Timoshyk :salute:

Mike Timoshyk 25-08-12 04:15

H - 11 hs 41 min

0900 start up tomorrow morning....camps mortor pics ...bunker....foreign displays.....British, American, German, Nato, Vietnam....and oh sooo much more. At the very least 50 vehicles on the ground and more expected tomorrowl......Tomorrow night free Rock n Roll concert with live band and open bar just a little north of downtime Siagon........

see ya ther....

:drunk:

Mike Timoshyk 26-08-12 03:50

Wow whata show

Day 1 down....the free live concert is still going on ....I did not stay for it cause of too much sun....and bit o gut. None-the-less the Muster today was a huge success.....great reenactments and wow the vehicles.....and the crowds...and the Huey......pics to follow later.....

cheers and getting my head down for Day 2

mike timoshyk

Mike Timoshyk 27-08-12 03:36

2012 Military Muster

The Third Southern Ontario Military Muster is now a part of history. An incredible weekend. I want to take the time to acknowledge the Committee who worked so hard to make the event a HUGE success. First and foremost is one of the founders....Geoff Bottoms....without his guidance, intuition, and tireless energy the show would not have been a success. He was and is the cornerstone of the Muster. Mickey Moulder for giving the participants what might be considered "free reign" to dig, build, and play in the Canadian Transportation Museum "sand box". To Jason Henry, his skills at organizing and dealing with all the transportation issues, from coordinating the floating of the "heavies" to and from the show, to his tireless enthusiasm and critical thinking he also deserves credit for making the show a success. To Jennifer Papak and her coordination and care for the re enactors. To Mike Appel for his continued expertise in all things Great War. To Kim who manages the Museum and coordinated the vendors and displayers. To Linda Iler who was the Legion and Essex tourism coordinator. To Keith Baxter who was the "Air Boss". His work and liaison with Transport Canada made it possible for us to have the Huey at the show. Finally to all the volunteers, those who worked so hard behind the scenes....invisible and truely unsung. Of course I must also thank all those MV owners, Re enactors, Dealers and their families for making and taking the time to be the STARS of the show.

Thank you each and everyone....if I have forgotten anyone please forgive me...

To all the Veterans and their families and to all those who came to see the show.....

Thanks

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
www.militarymuster.org

BTW PICS will be posted when received...

cheers and good night.

Stewart Loy 27-08-12 18:18

Mike,

Another great show -congratulatuions to everybody!

Stewart

Jordan Baker 28-08-12 00:24

Had a great time as always. Thanks for all the effort that goes into this.

My own personal highlight was being given the honour and privilege to drive a Fox armoured car. That was an amazing experience.

Mike Timoshyk 28-08-12 05:01

2012 Muster video clip.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Sq7P7T-OE

great video clip....

Jon Skagfeld 30-08-12 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Baker (Post 169841)
Had a great time as always. Thanks for all the effort that goes into this.

My own personal highlight was being given the honour and privilege to drive a Fox armoured car. That was an amazing experience.

Yeah, but did you run over any garbage bags? :salute: :devil:

Jordan Baker 30-08-12 01:32

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Yeah, but did you run over any garbage bags?
Man word travels fast. Except it wasn't garbage bags but garbage and recycling bin.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 30-08-12 03:01

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Baker (Post 169941)
Man word travels fast. Except it wasn't garbage bags but garbage and recycling bin.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything....first....

It was enlightening to see how many and how far pop cans can be thrown out a moving carrier track. Kind of like full auto belt fed.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 30-08-12 03:04

Some pics and video

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics and video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V2QGGshjhA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGq2yZTEvIY

Jordan Baker 30-08-12 04:28

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pics.

Perry Kitson 29-10-12 22:13

Do we have a date to pen in for next years show????

Perry

Alex Blair (RIP) 30-10-12 00:26

First date

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Kitson (Post 171902)
Do we have a date to pen in for next years show????

Perry

Better watch it Perry..one of those old Navy types will want you to take a turn in the barrel on your first date...
Mwhahahahaha...
Have fun at the show..
:drunk: :sheep:

Mike Timoshyk 30-10-12 21:32

Barrel....did someone mention Barrel

Hi Perry,

By now you have received my email.

For those who are waiting in the wings.....and not Bridge Wings....

The 2013 Military Muster has a few suprises in store for those planning for next year. First off will be the timing....we are aiming for early September...

Next .....well, that is still being determined....HOWEVER, the Southern Ontario Military Muster Committee has grown in number and expertise.

This in itself is a HUGE blessing. More hands make poor soup...no... more hands make work lighter....or sumpin' like that.

We will keep you posted in the coming weeks as to what we are planning....
mmmmooooohrrrraaaaahaahhhhaaaahaa (evil halloween laugh)

cheers

Mike Timoshyk

Lest We Forget