MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   COROWA - THE EVENT (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Year of the Blitz II - who is coming? (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12226)

Keith Webb 06-01-09 06:44

Year of the Blitz II - who is coming?

And amphibious Jeeps of course...

OK, who is planning to bring their CMP this year to Corowa. The record to beat is 34 which was set in 2002 (so long ago!)
From this small corner of the globe Euan is planning to make a couple of semi-trailer trips with: His CGT9, my C60S, my FGT9 and Chris' F15...
I know there are a couple of cab 12s planned from Ganmain, the Yass boys will excel as usual, Hugh Thompson is bringing his ambulance, Salesman will have project Phoenix, Robert Pearce will have his C15A, just to name a few.
Also hopefully (and perhaps) Len Watkins will bring his cab 12 FGT, although I don't know it's current status.

Please add to the list... this is going to be a very special year. :thup2:

lynx42 06-01-09 09:42

1 Attachment(s)
I plan to be there Keefy, with the C60s 1943/4 WO-78(?) No 6 Bofors tractor
(without it's original body. ) It was at the previous Year of the Blitz. Known as MOJO.
It'll be a flat out rush to get there though.
Regards Rick

Howard 06-01-09 11:30

We're in

My F15 will be there... Not very pretty but there all the same
Tony took his F60L to the sand blasters today
65-ish days to go!
:doh:

Jan Thompson 06-01-09 11:55

I have received a number of entries from Blitz owners. I wonder how many we will end up with? Shortly I will be able to provide you with a better list of vehicles attending this year. With less than 9 weeks to go I am sure there are many people working to get their vehicles registered or on a permit. Remember to send me your entry and $10 entry fee by the end of February to receive a complimentary memento package.

Bob McNeill 06-01-09 12:07

corowa

Hopefully I,ll have two to go, C15a and C15. motor in C15a has done 6 miles so the run will do it good.

Keith Webb 06-01-09 18:52

Cab 12s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 107741)
My F15 will be there... Not very pretty but there all the same
Tony took his F60L to the sand blasters today
65-ish days to go!
:doh:

How can a cab 12 be anything but pretty?

But does that mean though Tony's will be prettier than yours?

aj.lec 07-01-09 09:05

Quick Question
What condition does the vehicle have to be in to be counted ?

Jan Thompson 07-01-09 09:38

The vehicle can be in any condition. It is good to have vehicles in various states of restoration. We won't be doing another Guinness Book of Records attempt like we did in 2002 as it requires someone to focus on meeting more requirements than in the past. I am wondering if we can achieve a total of more than 50 Blitz's. I have heard of a number of people who are busy trying to get their vehicles on the road and wish you all the best.

Richard Coutts-Smith 07-01-09 09:44

Condition? Who said anything about condition...
There were several non-runners last time, thats so you can see what they look like underneath.
If I can get the crankshaft (which means clutch, Gearbox, radiator etc) back in I will be there in yet another incarnation of my C60S. Unfortunatley this is not all that close to the top of the list, and I have to wait until my finger grows back. (Note, I do not write the list).
So will have to see.
Rich.

Jan Thompson 07-01-09 09:51

4 Attachment(s)
The Murray River is up at the moment. I was there last week and I took a few photos. Let's hope a few people with amphibious vehicles will attend too.

rob jacobs 07-01-09 10:11

Blitz record

Hi all,
We nearly ready for Corowa, just setting up the back of the truck to live in for the week of Corowa. I am also after some information on the Back to the track trip planed for next year, an email address or phone number would be appriciated.

Keith Webb 07-01-09 10:55

Murray

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Thompson (Post 107785)
The Murray River is up at the moment. I was there last week and I took a few photos. Let's hope a few people with amphibious vehicles will attend too.

Fantastic. Now it's back to mere severe drought conditions. :sheep:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 07-01-09 12:52

Condition

Hi all - Phoenix is now at Colins for the track work and I am awaiting new files from National Archives thanks to Ian Fawberts diligence. However, irrespective of where we get with Phoenix, she will be there even if we have to tek screw, cable tie and/or duct tape the tracks on. Of course, having said all that, we still have to be aware of Murphy.

:D Bob

John Stokes 07-01-09 13:23

Quite Possible ?

The family and i plan to go as long as all the parts all come together and on time fingers crossed.I am hoping to drive the C15A up with the support crew following in the Toyota just in case.

Keith Webb 07-01-09 20:42

Phoenix

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 107797)
Hi all - Phoenix is now at Colins for the track work and I am awaiting new files from National Archives thanks to Ian Fawberts diligence. However, irrespective of where we get with Phoenix, she will be there even if we have to tek screw, cable tie and/or duct tape the tracks on. Of course, having said all that, we still have to be aware of Murphy.

:D Bob

Knowing Colin's capacities the track work will be complete by now. :D

colin morley 08-01-09 04:08

corowa '09

Well it is a long story after two years of gathering but some parts of our C15A are painted. The rest is closer and we aim to take it to Corowa and have bought a truck to do so ( I have joined RACV roadside assist) kind regards colin and joy boisdale

phoenix 08-01-09 04:22

Well i've seen the river worse, so that's an improvement :D

No Blitz, but my family and I will be there.

hrpearce 08-01-09 11:11

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case Murphy pays a visit :kangaroo :kangaroo :kangaroo

Tony Smith 08-01-09 14:01

2 Attachment(s)
You'd tow a Blitz with a 50mm Towball? That's a welcome mat for Murphy!

Try this :thup::

Keith Webb 08-01-09 19:41

Psssst... Robert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Smith (Post 107848)
You'd tow a Blitz with a 50mm Towball? That's a welcome mat for Murphy!

Try this :thup::

...we'd better not let on about our feat involving two old blokes, a 50mm towball, an elderly Nissan Patrol, an even more elderly Cab 12 and a very large hill then. :nono: :eek: :D

Murphy must've been on smoko at the time.

Max Hedges 08-01-09 21:24

in the next couple of weeks we are hoping to do some more work on the cab 11 so we can bring it to Corowa, at this stage it will only be cab chassi in it's natural state.

Max

Jan Thompson 09-01-09 11:25

I now have 63 official vehicle entry forms and a number of entrants who are still unsure of what vehicle they are bringing to Corowa this year. I would like to encourage all participants to send in a form with a $10 entry fee as you will receive more than $10 in return. We have organised mementos and you will also receive a discount meal on the Saturday night provided by the Corowa Rotary Club. Some people are not bringing vehicles but are keen to receive the package and mementos we will be handing out.

There are currently 17 Blitz's and 3 Amphibious vehicles entered to date. I am looking forward to receiving more entry forms over then next 8 weeks.

We plan to release another Newsletter early in February so remember to take a look at the website when you have a chance. www.corowaswim-in.org

hrpearce 10-01-09 01:28

Keith the youngins have no sence of adventure they wouldn't take on that hill without traction control, escape ramps and a twenty page risk assesment :D The poor old patrol didn't appreciate all that ideling it used 2.5L of oil on that decent :doh:normally about two months worth :whinge

Keith Webb 10-01-09 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 107900)
Keith the youngins have no sence of adventure they wouldn't take on that hill without traction control, escape ramps and a twenty page risk assesment :D The poor old patrol didn't appreciate all that ideling it used 2.5L of oil on that decent :doh:normally about two months worth :whinge

My JSA was to wire the door open in case I had to jump. Safety first as always. :thup:

Howard 12-01-09 11:26

Progress Report

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a current photo of the two Ganmain rigs for Corowa. (My F15 & Tony's F60L)

Attachment 25230 Attachment 25231

Progressing well, don't you think? :doh:
Check the updates at shedfull

Keith Webb 12-01-09 20:36

Updated cab 12s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 107984)
Progressing well, don't you think? :doh:
Check the updates at shedfull

So Tony's turned his into a trailer and you've gone green with your engine?

Plushy 13-01-09 06:53

I was hoping to be able to make it but it is now unlikely due to my illness .
I hope everyone has a Great Time and i look forward to seeing the photos .
Colin i havent forgotten about those seat springs i will try and get them sent asap and Bob i will also try and send your stuff out to you as well .

cheers Plushy

Scrivo18 13-01-09 12:20

Portee

Hi Guys

The plan is to bring the F60L Portee and the 2 Pdr, I ordered some NOS brake parts some considerable time go from the UK, and they have not arrived, so going to plan B or C. Also will probably bring the Bren carrier or Jeep as well.

Tim

Jan Thompson 15-01-09 09:41

I had an interesting email the other day from a guy in Queensland who did a search related to amphibians and located the Corowa30 website. He has an interesting amphibious vehicle which he will bring to Corowa. Take a look at the website www.ozamphibian.com
We spoke today and at this stage he will give a talk and a demonstration of the vehicle on Thursday when we are visiting Maurice Wilson's property on the river at Corowa.

Ryan 17-01-09 04:22

Yep.

Hi,
Raylene and I will be there for our second "Corowa" and this year we will be staying at Ball Park. We have a powered site booked. Will not be bringing a Blitz as it is too far to drag. :)
Sorry I didn't get to the KVE meeting Jan/Rick when it was down my way. Just too busy.
Looking forward to Corowa 09 and will be photographing madly.