MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: MLU express (transportation) (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27479)

Peter Duggan 30-05-17 01:49

MLU express (transportation)

Folks, Should someone be travelling west through Manitoba, I have a two round 17 pounder ammunition box that needs to travel from the Belleville area to Rob Fast in Manitoba. Thanks, Peter

Robin Craig 30-05-17 11:39

I can make that happen I think for you.

There is a truck coming to me that needs cargo going west.

Standby for more info

Peter Duggan 30-05-17 18:57

Transport

Robin,
Great, will hold off on exploring other options, ie. bus.
Peter

r.morrison 31-05-17 05:58

MLU Express Confusion

:confused Robin/Peter; Are we talking the same inquiry as listed on the Sergeants' Mess?? Once sorted out......Robin, this is a long shot, is your truck coming through to Vancouver? And is the same truck going back to Ontario. I'm in negotiations with a transaction on spray paint with Edmonton and as well I have about 4000 plus spray bombs here, various colours and product. Sold a serious pile of rust preventive primer on the past weekend's swap meet in Abbottsford BC.

Let me know your schedule if that works....Robert (Collector of Military Vehicles and the KING of Spray Paint in British Columbia) :thup2:

Peter Duggan 01-06-17 02:03

Transport

Robert,

Best talk directly with Robin. I'm in the same boat - looking for - not providing transport.

Peter

r.morrison 01-06-17 05:58

Robin....

Hi Robin: Any comments or help on this matter? Thanks ....Robert

Robin Craig 02-06-17 01:39

The truck left Edmonton today heading west. Shilo pick up in the morning.

Peter you better get your boxes to me.

Robin Craig 02-06-17 11:46

Tired farmer error, yes heading East,

rob love 02-06-17 13:25

Perhaps it was just a freudian slip.....everyone in Ontario seems to want to head West these days.

Of course, the true reason for the stop in Shilo is for the port of entry inspection, since it is potentially entering Manitoba with historic goods. The port inspection is two fold: first it helps recover historic Manitoban artifacts that may have slipped out of Mb in years previous, and also ensures no further acquisitions before the out inspection done near Steinbach.

Preliminary online reports of the contents are favorable to the continued furtherance on to the purchasers....we want no part of at least one of the larger pieces of cargo. But we have had people try to fool us before.

Dave D. 02-06-17 21:52

East to west mlu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Duggan (Post 238318)
Folks, Should someone be travelling west through Manitoba, I have a two round 17 pounder ammunition box that needs to travel from the Belleville area to Rob Fast in Manitoba. Thanks, Peter

Did this get settled? I have a Leyland Daf owner coming to Edmonton from Wheatley Ont. in a few days.....maybe a week.

He has a 30' enclosed trailer coming back to Edmonton empty.

He loads all of his possessions ....out of my barn in Alberta.....and heads back to Ont. with his 4 ton Daf with an Rx7 on the back.

Let us know!

rob love 02-06-17 22:12

Matt, the driver, was here at noon and back on the road by one. I believe his ETA is Tbay tonight which should get him getting close to his destination the night following.

Dave D. 03-06-17 06:33

MLU Transfer

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob love (Post 238462)
Matt, the driver, was here at noon and back on the road by one. I believe his ETA is Tbay tonight which should get him getting close to his destination the night following.

Good stuff! The Daf will making the trip from Edmonton to Wheatley so if you want to send a bottle back, he'll strap it to the deck. Thanks for the update Rob.