MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Carrier Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   i.d. this part please (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16820)

kevin powles 03-07-11 17:58

i.d. this part please

1 Attachment(s)
hi, can anyone i.d. these parts?, are they carrier, possibly mk2 carrier.

shaun 04-07-11 08:36

never seen anything like that !

RichardT10829 04-07-11 13:02

its CTL 59561 they were fitted on all Mk's of carriers and were used for hanging coats and hats on...

Lynn Eades 04-07-11 21:24

Bkt

I think Richards tongue is in his cheek.
I have no idea, It looks like the pressed mounting washer would go in a hole in the hull like the battery lead holes for the battery box.

kevin powles 04-07-11 22:21

parts i.d.

5 Attachment(s)
Hi, I wasnt sure if they were carrier or not, came with aload of carrier bits i have just bought, mk1 fuel tank, spare barrel box, storage bin behind the driver (not sure what it was originally for, have attached a picture), steering wheel, oil cooler, speedo drive conduit etc.

kevin.

shaun 04-07-11 23:56

good shopping Kevin, are you coming over tomorrow ? could i borrow the pulley off of the fan extention ? so i can get one turned up, i have the rest but missing the pulley.

kevin powles 05-07-11 00:10

Hi Shaun, Will be coming over tomorrow, late afternoon, I will call you, I will bring a pulley.

Speak soon kevin.

RichardT10829 05-07-11 09:18

OOOOOh you got the bren spare barrel case that sits on top of the engine cover on the Mk1's i would love to copy that ! the other tin looks like the Ws19 spare parts box sits on the track guard behind the driver the bren ammo box sits next to it.

Very Very good haul there matey well done...

Kev also i got your email i am working on the Gruppen Fuhrer to release me from Colditz over those dates i could hop on a train with yer wheels and perhaps meet you at Norwich...if not it will be a trip all the way to Kent for me.

EDIT:-

Also back to the thread title if i was a guessing man i would say those hooks (if carrier) mount low in the hull..... my theory is based on the rubber gaskets which could be seals...or perhaps to reduce vibration.

Lynn Eades 05-07-11 12:39

Kevin

If those things are carrier bits, they are bound to have part numbers on them.

kevin powles 05-07-11 22:34

Richard. Get yourself down here to Norwich station, we can do a couple of nights at Beltring, Shaun can put us up. Dont worry about your missus I havernt even told mine yet. :cheers:

Marc van Aalderen 05-07-11 22:52

Speedo cable

Hi Kevin,

Could you please measure the total length of the speedo cable conduit or outer cable? I need to have one made. I remember that one member was going to have one made. This was discussed in another thread a while back but I do not remember who it was. I expressed my interest at the time but I do not think anything came of it as I have never heard from him again.

Brian Ashbury has an inner core cable in stock should you need that. I will have a complete new cable made so do not need it.

See you all in Beltring!

Cheers from Allhallows (on holiday there till the 16th, going home then and returning for Beltring with a military truck the 18th. Oh, life is hard.... :D)

universalgrl 05-07-11 23:12

Speedo cable

The length of the speedo cable is 10 ft 3 1nch. Thats the only info I found in the parts bookFuc-03.

Roberta

JBizal 07-07-11 13:00

spare barrel box

Richard,
I have new spare barrel boxes in stock. Exact like the original, so you don't need to copy it.
www.midwestmilitary.net
John

Jordan Baker 07-07-11 14:05

Just like to ad that John's stuff is top notch and well worth the investment

shaun 07-07-11 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBizal (Post 149554)
Richard,
I have new spare barrel boxes in stock. Exact like the original, so you don't need to copy it.
www.midwestmilitary.net
John

Hi John,
Are you or any of your products going to be at the war and show this year ?
TTFN
Shaun

JBizal 08-07-11 00:32

W&p

I will be there. I am arriving Wednesday around noon and depart on Saturday afternoon. I will be staying in the stores area with Wildenberg. He had some of my parts there last year, not sure if he is bringing them again.
John

kevin powles 09-07-11 15:57

More carrier goodies

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, picked these other items up in the same lot. all this stuff is still out there waiting to be found. One item is not carrier, but might be of use to someone.

Shaun, You were needing a manifold, you can have one of these.

kevin.

Lynn Eades 09-07-11 19:49

Kevin

Nice haul. I dont recognise the handbrake. Is it T-16?
The diff adapter is the seal type. The only one I have seen is the one Dirk has shown us. I guess thats MkII*( or Windsor?)
Those manifolds are not correct for the carriers.

Marc van Aalderen 10-07-11 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by universalgrl (Post 149490)
The length of the speedo cable is 10 ft 3 1nch. Thats the only info I found in the parts bookFuc-03.

Roberta

Thank you Robert for looking it up. I never looked if there was any info in the parts book.... :doh:

Cheers,

Keith Webb 10-07-11 23:21

Handbrake

Looks the same as the winch handbrake in a Ford CMP.

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/at...9&d=1310219622

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn Eades (Post 149661)
Nice haul. I dont recognise the handbrake. Is it T-16?