MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Map Light Heavy Utility (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419)

Rob Fast 28-04-03 01:40

Map Light Heavy Utility

Looking through my parts book HUW, part # 5811383 Light Assy., Dome-Front (Map Light) , I was wondering how common this light was to CMP's and which vehicles would have been issued with it. Also was Crash Pad Assy., Part # 5817181, mounted above the wireless operator listed in any other parts manuals? Thanks Rob

Bruce Parker (RIP) 28-04-03 03:33

In the cab?

Are you talking about the one that mounted in the cab on the left side below the windshield?

Rob Fast 28-04-03 06:43

Left side mount...

thats the one! Was this light common in all types? I am missing this piece in " Nipper", and actually have never seen one. Thanks

Bruce Parker (RIP) 29-04-03 01:12

Wireless use

Rob, I've seen two of these, one on a 1944 Chev 15cwt with a 2K1 Aluminium body and another on my 1944 HUW. They seem to have been fitted to wireless trucks but beyond that I have no idea. I have one example...

Rolf S. Ask 30-04-03 21:09

on our CGT

is the map light is mounted under the windshield at the passenger side.
It even has the little metal tag stating "Map Light" around the switch. I can get a picture to morrow....

Rolf

Rolf S. Ask 30-04-03 22:07

found a picture

of the map light.
Just hope I get it on to the forum.....

Rolf

Rolf S. Ask 30-04-03 22:09

1 Attachment(s)
one more try

Rob Fast 02-05-03 02:16

Thank you Rolf and Bruce...

at least I know now what to look for! I really appreciate all the photos that come up on this site! Not owning a scanner or digital camera, I would like to post pics of my vehicles and all the details of them, but I am still trying to work that out. Thanks Rob

Barry Churcher 02-05-03 04:35

I have found these lights in the 11/12 cab artillery tractors also. They seem to be in various places to the right of the driver. The most consistent spot is on the bottom of the side window frame.
I have seen a couple at the bottom of the dash. These would seem more of a drivers interior lamp than a map light. I have never checked a parts book to see if they were listed.
Barry

Rob Fast 18-10-04 00:30

Map reading light

Great day, just found the map reading light NOS, next is the blackout door switches, and electrical throw switch mounted on chorehorse cabinet. Cheers Rob

Gunner 21-10-04 21:44

Map Light

Hi Rob: Rob Clarke is looking for one as well... anymore where you got yours? Cheers, Mike

Rob Fast 22-10-04 02:01

Sorry, 1 only...

and I feel very fortunate to have found it. A little cash and a couple of RCAF bayonet frogs was the deal. If one shows up I will keep you in mind. It's installed and shining brightly! Cheers Rob

cmperry4 28-01-05 21:08

Crash pad

1 Attachment(s)
The thread got off on the light switches, but I just stumbled across it again.

Would this be the correct crash pad, Rob? This was mounted in my HUP, as you can see on the left side centre.

RHClarke 29-01-05 01:42

Crash Pad

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, the interior of my HUP was quite "modified" by subsequent civvie owners. So, I can't offer an informed opinion, but I will accept your configuration as the "real mccoy". Please send a detailed description of the pad and how it is attached...

In my HUP, the only remaining attachments include:
- upper and lower divider with sliding window,
- two rifle racks (mounted horizontally over the windows on each side),
- one rear seat hold down tab,
- one interior light (mounted in between and above the two windows frames on the dvr side),
- a strange slotted metal bar poking out from the dvr side wall just behind the divider

Perhaps Brian can shed some light on the layout?

Rob