MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   mudflaps for No.27 limber (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16036)

jack neville 19-01-11 08:50

mudflaps for No.27 limber

Does anyone know a source for the mudflap that goes on a No.27 ammunition limber. It is a solid rubber molded piece that attaches to the bottom of the steel guard.

CWO (ret) Gilles Aubé 19-01-11 16:41

Mud flap

If it ever come available I want a set.
We were going to make some simular to those on our C15A, made of canvas and metal reinfoced inside but we would rather go for rubber if available.
Gilles

guyvapeur 19-01-11 22:58

1 Attachment(s)
gilles..........

I made up a set of mud flaps for one of Rob"s trucks at the Hammond Barn. If you check last years Hammond Barn thread you may find the pictures...In any event, I have the canvas....webbing to make up a good many sets.... I used a flexible rubber inside the canvas. I will try and find the post.... or pictures I no doubt have on file. You are only a jump away from Rockland Ont.

This is the sample I made up with canvas and webbing.

Guy

jack neville 19-01-11 23:57

mudflap.

No. We are not talking about the same part. I will get a photo organized. The number 27 limber for the 25 pounder gun has a steel semi circular mudguard. At the rear bottom of the mudguard is the moulded rubber piece. It either attaches with rivets or screws. An ordinary flat rubber mudflat then attashes to the bottom of that piece. Below that is the steel mud scraper. I have one that is basically complete but snapped off where it attaches. Both sides are the same piece. I have considered making a set from fibre glass but surely there must be some somewhere in the world.

Euan McDonald 20-01-11 13:02

mudflap

Hi Jack,
I am also looking for a source as I have the steel guards and the mud scrapers and need the moulded rubber flap. I will check with Wayne way out west and see if he has any.

lynx42 22-01-11 10:59

Jack,
How did you go with NSW firearms for Corowa?
Did you contact Joan?
Regards Rick.

jack neville 22-01-11 12:35

Rick,

Under control. Thanks.

jack neville 30-01-11 11:35

4 Attachment(s)
Photos of the limber mudguard rubber flap.

lynx42 30-01-11 23:30

Jack,
Glen Stones who used to live in Rutherglen, made his up out of light steel and covered them with rubber sheet. They looked like the originals. Wasn't a really big job either.
Rick.

david moore 31-01-11 01:13

Canvas flaps for F*

Guy
I would like a pair of your canvas-style flaps for the rear of my F8. I must check the dimensions (when next out at the cottage) since the F8 may be a different width than what you did for Bob. The proportion in your thumbnail seems about right. Anyone have the correct dimensions for the long box Cab 12 8cwt? 1B1 body I think it is.
David Moore
Kingston

Frantisek Nachlinger 21-09-18 23:03

Rubber mudflaps

Hello, Does anybody manufacture those molded rubber mudguard ends? I need a pair, if I had an original to copy I think I could arrange new production of those…regards,
Frankie