MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Tributes (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bob Moseley, RIP (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20502)

Keith Webb 27-06-13 09:49

Bob Moseley, RIP

I have sad news Bob was badly hurt yesterday in an accident where sparks from an angle grinder ignited his overalls.

He is in a coma in an Adelaide hospital. His condition is listed as serious.

I've left a message for his wife Ada, and I'm sure our community will join me in wishing him all the best in what will be a difficult recovery.

Ada has spoken to Hugh Davis and asked him to let people know.

Our thoughts and prayers are with both Bob and Ada.

Please feel free to add updates to this thread if you hear anything before I do.

Jan Thompson 27-06-13 10:24

Bob is a member of Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts and we all send our best wishes to Bob and Ada. Hugh Davis will provide updates to Keith and myself.

KVE Committee and members

aj.lec 27-06-13 10:48

Our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for Bob :salute:

Shane 27-06-13 11:06

Good God what horrible news. I will visit you Bob with Hugh as soon as you are back on your feet. All the best mate from the Rayner family.

Little Jo 27-06-13 11:53

Get well bob

I had a bad feeling in my guts when I saw the incident on the TV news last night and thought I recognised his property and truck, but no names were given and you hope for the best. I have known Bob for 30+ years and worked with him in our former working lives. I believe he is now listed as critical and is in an induced coma with 3rd degree burns.

Bob we may not always have seen eye to eye on some things but Joslyn and I both wish you a speedy recovery and our thoughts are with you and Ada at this time. I am sure my thoughts are shared by all the members in our military vehicle restoration fraternity.

Tony

Private_collector 27-06-13 11:54

Thats just horrible news. Must have been a nightmare for the poor bugger, and family of course.

Keep us updated please, Keith.

Luke R 27-06-13 12:23

Bob

What a terrible thing to happen, My thoughts are with Bob and Ada.
All the best for a speedy recovery.

Luke

colin morley 27-06-13 14:03

Best Wishes

Colin and Joy wish to convey our thoughts to you both and hope with all our hearts for a speedy recovery for Bob
the Morleys

hrpearce 27-06-13 14:33

Bob and Ada the Pearce's have you in their prayers.

Scrivo18 27-06-13 14:36

Bob

Best wishes and know Ada & Bob your in our prayers

lynx42 27-06-13 14:49

That is really bad news, Jill and I wish you a fast and full recovery Bob. Ada we are thinking of you all at this time.

Bob Carriere 27-06-13 15:45

What awful news....

Best wishes from the Hammond Barn ........ hoping for a speedy recovery.

Bob C.

Hanno Spoelstra 27-06-13 15:46

Very sad news, sorry to hear about this accident. Best wishes to Bob and Ada!

Keith, please do keep us posted.

Hanno

Comox Air Force Museum 27-06-13 18:24

Speedy recovery Bob, from all the volunteers at the Comox Air Force Museum. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Rob

Richard Farrant 27-06-13 19:22

I am very sorry to hear about the accident, hope recovery is quick for you Bob. My thoughts are with you and Ada.

Wishing you the very best,
Richard

chris vickery 28-06-13 01:31

Sincerest wishes for a full recovery from our family to yours.

Keith Webb 28-06-13 01:50

Update 1

Just spoken to Hugh again, most of the injuries are to Bob's lower body up to the armpits and he is now in an induced coma while they deal with the immediate areas.

On Sunday they plan to begin skin grafts.

I won't go into too much detail here but suffice to say complications from the injuries have put him in a serious situation.

Ada is grateful for our concern and appreciates the well wishes.

Jordan Baker 28-06-13 03:32

Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Ian Pullen 28-06-13 06:11

Bob & Ada

Such sad & shocking news. All best wishes from myself & the staff at the Museum.

r.morrison 28-06-13 08:12

Bob, Ada and Family.....

Extremely sorry to hear of this mishap. If there anything that we can do.....don't hesitate to ask.....Robert in Vancouver

Richard Coutts-Smith 28-06-13 09:06

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed, hoping for the best.
Rich.

cliff 28-06-13 10:52

extremely bad news. Hope it all goes well for your recovery Bob and Ada I hope you bear up well too.

Best wishes
Cliff Hutchings

Howard 28-06-13 12:48

Sickening

I have been away from the computer for a few days and just got the news.
This is not the sort of thing that one would wish on any body.
I just feel helpless in these situations.
Hoping for some positive news soon. Ada, both of you are in our thoughts.
The Holgates

maple_leaf_eh 28-06-13 14:13

Yikes! Regards from a long way away.

Terry

rob love 28-06-13 15:17

Terrible news....and it just as easily could be any one of us. Wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to Bob.

Harry Moon 29-06-13 06:17

In Our Prayers!

Keith Webb 29-06-13 08:55

Update

Another message from Hugh to say he has improved to the point where they have begun skin grafts today, and plan to bring him out of his coma in the near future, I can't imagine how he will feel, but at least this sounds positive.

Private_collector 29-06-13 10:39

Thank god there's some news that sounds positive.

I don't recall ever having the feeling of dread, that I get when I check this thread.
Best case scenario still involves a family, and one man in particular, going through a world of pain. Makes me feel sick in the guts just thinking about Bobs immediate future.

I had a teenage patient many years ago who had deliberately covered himself in petrol then set himself on fire. He was required to wear a two layer pressure suit, with wound dressings beneath, for a very long time. Poor sod would beg us not to put the second layer of the suit on, and on rare occassions we obliged, just to give him some respite from the pain. He did improve, some physical injuries were permanent. That was 15 years ago now, so there might be more effective Tx available still. Amazing things can now be achieved, thanks to brilliant surgical techniques & and gifted surgeons!

I only write the above information as I have no doubt that by now Bobs family will fully be aware of what lies ahead in his recovery process, and this won't come as a surprise or shock.

Please keep the updates coming, Keith. No doubt we all want Bob back on his feet ASAP. :salute:

Keith Webb 29-06-13 10:53

Burn injuries

So you're a medical man, Tony? Thanks for your post.

I was just talking to one of my daughters who is a nurse and served some time in the burns unit at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, so I have a better understanding of what lies ahead for Bob's treatment and recovery.

She was saying a lot of the serious burn patients are transferred to Melbourne from around the country once they are stable enough to travel.

He's going to need all the moral support we can give him.

But in the meantime we can be heartened to hear things are moving in a positive direction.

Private_collector 29-06-13 12:51

No, not medical, Keith. More of a medic. Community health R.N, these days.
Mention my name to Bob, will ya?. That should bring him round when they want him out of the coma. Be sure to stand back first though!

Seriously, all the family are all wishing him a speedy recovery.