MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Another cab.13 Ford FGT in Czech Republic (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23280)

Frantisek Nachlinger 02-02-15 14:13

Another cab.13 Ford FGT in Czech Republic

5 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
there's allready one thread about cab. 13 FGT in Czech Republic from my friend Dusonn - here:
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21046 . I hope to cooperate with him on renovation - that (as we all hope) comes soon.

My father has bought his one in late 70's, probbably in 1978 in scrapyard in Pilsen where it was lying on left side. He originally came to the scrapyard just to take the winch and compressor from the wreck, but when he realized that he does not have this model yet, he decided to put it back on wheels and take it home. Last 20 or 25 years is this FAT stored in our friend's place. So yeaterday I went there to take few photos of it. Here it is.

As well as Dusonn's one, this one belonged to Czechoslovakian Independent Armoured Brigade Group - so it's on of just 10-15 cars that served in this unit and is still here, in the Czech Republic. I have found the marking, but the number is not learly visible now - I have to try to uncover it carefully. There should be "74" - for Field Artillery Regt. I am not sure yet what the marking, that is visible on the left side means.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. They are not really good, the car is surrounded by other WWII trucks and parts.

Frankie

Frantisek Nachlinger 02-02-15 14:59

Another pics

5 Attachment(s)
Here are few more pics.

The rear body is cut, but the floor and mudguards are still there. The canister holders too. Both rear doors are modified, but present.

The original Winch and compressor are still on.

It seems that on the beggining of June it should be moved to new place and wait there for renovation, that should begin early next year.

Frankie

Keith Webb 02-02-15 19:09

Fgt

What a beautiful thing! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it once there is some more room around it.

Frantisek Nachlinger 02-02-15 19:50

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Keith.

This one is the poorest condition CMP we have, but I hope it won't last a long time.

It's going to be moved in June, so I'll post more pics later. There is a photo of right front doors with remains of original number.

Does anybody know the tactical markings in post#1?

Frankie

Dusonn 03-02-15 21:08

1 Attachment(s)
Frantisek, once again congratulations for re-gaining your fathers Quad. Its a beauty. I like what looks like the original transition piece between the cab and rear body. As far as the marking is concerned I was told by a friend that it bellongs to RA unit which was part of the 61 Field Regiment of Royal Artillery. I was quite suprised by that so checked documents that I have and found this period order of Czechoslovak Armoured brigade Group which says that all the vehicles listed including 10 FATs were transfered to Czechoslovaks on 8th March 1945 from 61 Fd Reg RA. And.... after checking the census numbers there is one ending 212 which is whats visible on Frantisek s Quad doors. The whole number should be H-5558212 :thup2:

Dusonn 04-02-15 14:09

The division sign visible above the left headlamp (triangle in blue square) should according to our opinion be the one of the 59th (Staffordshire) Infantry Division. 61 Field Regiment RA was part of it. See Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/59th_%2...antry_Division

Frantisek Nachlinger 05-02-15 07:45

Really great news, thank you very much Dusan! Now we have a FAT with pedigree! :thup2:

Frantisek Nachlinger 20-08-15 13:08

WWII picture of our car!!

1 Attachment(s)
Another great help from my friend Duson - this seems to be a photograph from May 1945 from Prague - and if you look closely, you can see the number 212 on the door of the 4th FGT from the protographer!
Another interesting thing is, that the unit marking is not on the cab, but on the bumper. So next time I see our FGT I am gonna look for it there.

I hope you enjoy it! I really do :yappy:

Frankie

Hanno Spoelstra 13-09-15 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frantisek Nachlinger (Post 213142)
Another great help from my friend Duson - this seems to be a photograph from May 1945 from Prague - and if you look closely, you can see the number 212 on the door of the 4th FGT from the protographer!

Frankie,

Sorry I missed your update on this thread but that is great news! Not often there is such a documented history with a WW2 vehicle.

Hanno'

Frantisek Nachlinger 04-11-15 11:50

Moving

2 Attachment(s)
So the FGT was moved to new location. Would like to post better pics, but I broke my cellphone when I wrecked my car on the way to the renovator... Luckilly nobody was hurt.

Frankie

Attachment 77195 Attachment 77295

Frantisek Nachlinger 18-08-16 08:40

Pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 205514)
What a beautiful thing! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it once there is some more room around it.

So here are few pics with more space around it.
I was wuite surprised to find the original body number on the step behind right rear doors. and both box holders are also present, as well as 7 of 8 seat holders.
Is the strap that holds the doors original?

Frankie

Frantisek Nachlinger 18-08-16 08:41

Number

4 Attachment(s)
here is the number plate ( 308 7B2 1472 ) , the door strap and box holder

Keith Webb 18-08-16 08:55

Wow

What a great find!

Frantisek Nachlinger 24-12-16 23:14

Another important part

1 Attachment(s)
I have only read about - never seen even a photo of the FGT-01 . Very happy to "find one under the Christmass Tree" ;)

Harlé Sylvain 25-12-16 09:36

Happy christmas!
You're a lucky man !!! hope you will share it.

Cheers
Sylvain

Hanno Spoelstra 25-12-16 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frantisek Nachlinger (Post 232593)
I have only read - never seen a FGT-01 . Very happy to "find one under the Christmass Tree" ;)

Not seen one before myself, must be great reading material!

Hanno

Frantisek Nachlinger 26-12-16 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlé Sylvain (Post 232606)
Happy christmas!
You're a lucky man !!! hope you will share it.
Cheers
Sylvain

Sylvain,
of course I will share. Just reading it last 2 days - it's dated July 1943 - and there is everything in "old desigh" and "new design" - much more items than in my Dec.1942 F60L one - e.g. cable rollers, lights etc. |If you needed any info just ask my, will do my best to help you.
Frankie

Harlé Sylvain 26-12-16 13:56

OK Frantisek
Nice from you :cheers:
Is there something about the equipements of the truck, like tools , ammo box ....?

Sylvain

Frantisek Nachlinger 27-12-16 19:05

new spare parts arrived

2 Attachment(s)
Bought few new parts I need. The dog house has all the plates on. And the pics on the doors is very cool. I will cut it out and leave in the shop as a picture on the wall :)

Frantisek Nachlinger 27-12-16 22:41

3 Attachment(s)
Found two pairs of front windshiels in great contirion - the better ones have even the wiper motors mounted on. Very lucky, they were stored in my father's barn ;) so the price was really not bad :D

Harlé, there's a pictire of tool set, will post it ASAP ;) haven't seen any ammo stuff - sadly there's no picture of the rear body. Just parts list and numbers numbers numbers

Frantisek Nachlinger 20-02-17 09:14

Parts;

2 Attachment(s)
parts hunting continiues. Still missing the roof lid and few seats...
Frankie

Frantisek Nachlinger 02-02-18 13:52

Parts

2 Attachment(s)
It really seems the renovation begins soon ;)
Seats arrived from Italy

Frantisek Nachlinger 27-04-18 09:02

Part hunting

5 Attachment(s)
...another parts arrived in few last months. Very happy to find the rollers and a original working HORN with holder!

Still oooking for second pair of rear seats...