MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Armour Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   White M3A1 Scout Car troop seat placement (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28078)

Big D 26-10-17 10:24

White M3A1 Scout Car troop seat placement

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I recently picked up some NOS troop seats for my White Scout Car, and I am looking to get them fitted on the vehicle. This scout car is in the Australian AOP (Armoured Observation Post) layout and it has a shelf at the rear, so there is only room for 4 seats to go in.

I am going to fit the two seats that go in the middle of the floor, in front of the centre foot-well, as well as the two seats behind the driver seat and passenger seat.

Can anyone provide some photos of the layout of these seats please? My floor is all repro so I have nothing to work off for the seat placement. I've scoured the net and also looked at David Doyle's book but close-up photos of the seat placement are hard to find.

For the seats nearest the front of the vehicle, can anyone give me the measurement from the front edge of the seat to the edge of the side foot-well please? Are the piano hinges for these fitted flat? That is, one side of the hinge bolted flat to the front of the seat, and the other side bolted flat to the floor?

For the seats in the middle of the vehicle, can anyone give me the measurement from the front of the seat to the edge of the centre foot-well please? What is the spacing between the seats?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

colin jones 26-10-17 12:50

STRIKE ME PINK DARRYL :eek: People think i'm crazy doing two Vickers and you :note: are doing two totally different vehicles. Not to mention the M8was in sections. The scout looks B- UTE- EFULL. Well done, you'll certainly have a couple of nice rare vehicles :thup2: :thup2: :cheers:

Mike Kelly 26-10-17 13:27

pics

3 Attachment(s)
Ive got a few pics but I guess you have these already

Attachment 95082

Attachment 95083 Attachment 95084

Mike Kelly 26-10-17 13:34

a side view

4 Attachment(s)

Attachment 95085 Attachment 95086 Attachment 95087 Attachment 95088

Big D 27-10-17 08:37

Hi Colin,

Thanks. Yes, I must be a sucker for punishment. I had most of the scout car restoration done before I started the M8 though, so I can’t claim to be doing two at once like you! Haha. I am staggered at what you are achieving with the Vickers and it is very inspiring.

I am awaiting the engine to finish the scout car now. It has only been at the rebuilders for 5 years so I guess it will be done soon….Mind you, it’s probably just as well it isn’t done as I have no money left to pay for it!

Big D 27-10-17 08:40

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the photos. I do have most of those photos but I’d have to say the ones you have sent of the interior of the vehicle are better quality, and I can make out more detail of the layout in the back.

It’s interesting as when I look at the troop seats in those photos, they don’t look like they have the same shape as the original troop seats the scout car had. I could be wrong, and it might just be the way they come out in the photo. Regardless, the two seats in the middle just forward of the foot cavity do look very close together so that does help.

Big D 15-04-18 11:07

White Scout car troop seats

Hi all

Just bumping this up to see if someone can help out with these measurements.

Thanks.