MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Lynx fuel tanks (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21887)

Peter Duggan 31-03-14 03:38

Lynx fuel tanks

Looking for both RH and LH fuel tanks for a Lynx. Also looking for armoured covers. Any possible leads would be welcome.

Robin Craig 31-03-14 11:35

Can you clarify what vehicle the "Lynx" you describe is as there are at least two vehicles I know of as a lynx that are not the same

R

Andrew Rowe 31-03-14 19:50

Lynx fuel Tanks

Lynx scout car WW II, pretty sure uses the CMP fuel tanks , which will presumably be of the Ford manufacture with a short spout coming from the top , will be R/H and L / H . There should be heaps of these in Canada.

Lynn Eades 01-04-14 00:32

Robin, a quick search of peter's name will show you that it refers to the original Canadian Lynx.

Peter Duggan 01-04-14 03:08

Thanks

Folks,

Thanks for clarifying my request. The vehicle is a Ford Scout Car, know as the Lynx, mk 11. The hull number is 4225, with a date of manufacture of Nov, 44. Any assistance in tracking down these parts would be greatly appreciated.

lynx42 01-04-14 13:04

1 Attachment(s)
Peter,
I found an almost new lynx fuel tank when I recovered the remains of 1726. It wasn't until I went to fit it I realized that I had two left tanks and no right. I soon converted a left to a right and this is the result.

Attachment 64710

It will give you and anyone looking at this thread, the style and shape of a Lynx fuel tank.

I also used POR15 tank sealer in both tanks just to be sure. I also had to modify the drain position in the fuel tank armour as well as the tank drain point was now in the wrong place for the original drain.

Regards Rick.

Andrew Rowe 01-04-14 19:44

Lynx Fuel Tank

Hi Rick, can you concur , the fuel tank for the Lynx is exactly the same as a standard Ford CMP tank , or other guys out there with CMP's ??

BCA 02-04-14 00:14

fuel tanks

Peter,
The standard 15CWT fuel tanks are 12"x32" by 10" tall. The filler neck style varied from stubby vertical ones centrally mounted to longer angled filler tubes at the edge of the tank. If this is the size you need then PM me or call me. .... Brian

Peter Duggan 02-04-14 02:52

Fuel tanks

Rick,

If the Lynx tanks are the same dimensions as the regular CMP fuel tanks, I may have to resort to the same solution that you did. Can you confirm the overall dimensions? Thanks, Peter

lynx42 06-04-14 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Duggan (Post 193849)
Rick,

If the Lynx tanks are the same dimensions as the regular CMP fuel tanks, I may have to resort to the same solution that you did. Can you confirm the overall dimensions? Thanks, Peter

Peter,

The tanks are 32"x10"x12", therefore are a standard blitz tank. The difference is in the position of the filler. You have to get it in the middle of the armoured cap. The drain might also be in the wrong place. The sender doesn't matter but is 6 volts not 12 volts as is the fuel gauge. The new fuel pipes can be made according to the location of the L/R tap.

Regards Rick

Peter Duggan 07-04-14 02:10

Thanks,

Rick,

Thanks for the size confirmation. I think that I've got a line on an original Lynx tank, with filler and drain in the correct locations. I've also got a very good CMP tank which I will modify as a mirror image. I'm starting to think that I will probably have to fabricate the armoured cover and hatch. Any drawings in existence??

Peter

chris vickery 07-04-14 02:40

Peter, if you have one armoured cover just have the fab shop make a mirror copy. As far as your fuel tanks, don't be in a hurry, you never know what will show up.
I found out a long time ago that with a little patience that sometimes it is worth the wait.

Peter Duggan 15-04-14 04:06

Armoured covers

1 Attachment(s)
Chris,

Looks as if my fuel tank situation has been sorted out. I'm still looking for the armoured covers, or drawings. I suspect that you are right and I may have to have them fabricated.

Peter

Attachment 64879