MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   For Sale-dog House Door Covers (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3794)

William Spence (RIP) 07-02-05 18:26

CMP Dog-House covers

I may have found a source to make new 7 inch round DOG-HOUSE DOOR COVERS for Chev CMPs and was wondering if anyone else besides me is interested is obtaining same. It's the old story, the more I can order, the cheaper they will get. Let me know if there is any interest in getting some of these made up, and how many. Cheers,
MacDuffpiper

RHClarke 07-02-05 18:38

COVERS

I'm interested in four (price depending of course...)

RHC

Phil Waterman 07-02-05 22:02

I'm interested

I am in need of one for my C60S which has a flat panel instead of the ribbed round one. Advise once you have a price.

Bob Carriere 09-02-05 22:28

What for....

Hey Rob.....why do you need four????

are you thinking of using them as hubcaps????

Mac Duff should make a lot bunch of them and sell them on Ebay like the guy from Argentina!!!! One at a time as if it was the last one......

Bob C.

RHClarke 09-02-05 23:15

COVER UP

Hi Bob,

Hubcaps? You do mean HUP caps, right? I thought that I would get a set for the HUP and the C15. The C15 has piqued my interest given its post-war makeover and unique wheelbase. So, I am collecting parts ever mindful that the HUP still needs lots of work...

In reference to the covers, if the price is right, I will buy into this plan. If not, then I will be speaking to a buddy of mine near Kemptville to cost out (ROM) starting up a stamping repro line. NOS prices seem to be going up and up, so I think it is time to "undercut" the competition with knockoffs and sell at cost plus prices. Again, I will wait until I see the prices for the covers mentioned above in this string.

See you tomorrow night at the Ottawa CMP meet and greet!

RHC

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 09-02-05 23:25

Re: COVER UP

Quote:

Originally posted by RHClarke
See you tomorrow night at the Ottawa CMP meet and greet!

RHC

Hello? How come no one's posted anything on this? Details, please, chop-chop.

Alex Blair (RIP) 10-02-05 03:23

Re: Re: COVER UP

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Hello? How come no one's posted anything on this? Details, please, chop-chop.
Jif
This just came up today..
Bill Mullholland is in town today and will be for a few days..The parade is at 17:30Hrs. Thursday at Grace O'Mallys's Pub on Ogilvey,nort side ,just before Aviation Pkwy.
Mess dress optional..
Agenda is as follows....
Meet and Greet
Beer drinkin'
Lie tellin'
Truck talk
Beer drinkin',part ll
Grub
Open Discussion
Like to see any 1:1 people that can make it.
There is never a dull moment when Wild Willy hits town..
Hope to see some CONVOY/MLU people there...

Jon Skagfeld 10-02-05 04:27

Excuse my total and absolute ignorance of whatever a 7" round dog house cover for a Chev CMP is.

So, whatizit?

Alex Blair (RIP) 10-02-05 16:54

Re: CMP Dog-House covers

Quote:

Originally posted by William Spence
I may have found a source to make new 7 inch round DOG-HOUSE DOOR COVERS for Chev CMPs and was wondering if anyone else besides me is interested is obtaining same. It's the old story, the more I can order, the cheaper they will get. Let me know if there is any interest in getting some of these made up, and how many. Cheers,
MacDuffpiper

If you go to your local sheetmetal or heating wholesaler you will find prefabed metal ,insulated access doors ..all different shapes and sizes..
They come in a frame with a gasketed flange and fancy acess closing handels..
As easy as cutting the hole and miging or riviting in the new "Hole"..
Use them all the time in the sheet metal trade for inspection and acess ports..
Cheap too..

Bob Carriere 10-02-05 22:34

Dat so...!!!!

Tells us Doctor Blair..... what will be your price???? are you going to undercut Rob Clarke's repro program????

...and sober yet!!!!

See you tonite.... under the table!!!!

Bob C.

Jon Skagfeld 11-02-05 06:40

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Excuse my total and absolute ignorance of whatever a 7" round dog house cover for a Chev CMP is.

So, whatizit?

OK, cancel my last. Now I know what they are. Engine cover doors, left and right. Part of dog house.

Somehow or another I surmised that these were some sort of canvas cover.:bang: :note: :teach:

cmperry4 14-02-05 21:35

For reference purposes

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine:

Gunner 22-02-05 00:18

Dog House Port Covers

I'm interested in at least four but can't commit until I know what price range we're talking here. Currently have a couple of paint tin lids doing the duty in one truck! :p

Cheers, Mike

William Spence (RIP) 25-04-05 16:30

For Sale-dog House Door Covers

1 Attachment(s)
tHESE ARE MADE FROM HEAVY SHEET STEEL (18 GA I THINK),
THEY ARE SPRAYED WITH AIRCRAFT PRIMER (EASIER TO PAINT OVER THAN RED PRIMER), ALL LASER CUT & FIT VERY GOOD, $30.00 CDN EACH, FOB WINNIPEG

BILL SPENCE

Walde Libera 25-04-05 20:36

Dog house cover

William

I will take 1, plus shipping to Vancouver, BC

Walde

email

William Spence (RIP) 26-04-05 02:07

Dog House Doors

Walde,
I'll get postage costs tomorrow from Post Office & let you know how much to send. Tks for the order.

Bill spence

William Spence (RIP) 26-04-05 19:10

dog house doors

Walde: $5.00 Cdn shud cover cost of shipping & postage.
Cheers, Bill Spence

William Spence (RIP) 18-05-05 23:50

Re: COVERS

Quote:

Originally posted by RHClarke
I'm interested in four (price depending of course...)

RHC

Dog House Doors are now ready, you previously mentioned that you could use 4. Contact me for names of users that have bought same & their thoughts on same. Bill spence

RHClarke 19-05-05 18:05

Dog House Covers

And the price per unit is...?

William Spence (RIP) 19-05-05 18:28

Dog House Doors

Price is $30.00 Cdn each, FOB Wpg. Pictures & details are on ad in FOR SALE OR TRADE. Let me know if you have any interest. Bill Spence