MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   COROWA - THE EVENT (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Corowa 2006 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5276)

Bob Moseley (RIP) 01-01-06 10:14

Corowa 2006

69 sleeps to go.
Bob

zemsi 02-01-06 00:46

... I hope all your merchandise goods are ready.

Possible to get a preview of the baseball cap?

cheers
Chris

Bob Moseley (RIP) 02-01-06 11:47

2006 Cap

Hi Chris
Just taken cap production images today. Have to process and send to manufacturer and then choose appropriate blank caps.
Bob

cliff 14-01-06 09:04

Re: 2006 Cap

Quote:

Originally posted by Bob Moseley

then choose appropriate blank caps.
Bob

How do you figure out who has the biggest heads so you can have more of that size in stock? :D

cheers
Cliff :salute:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 15-01-06 09:38

Cap Sizes

Hi Cliff
My caps are perfect and the people buying them have perfect heads, so there is no problem.
Bob

PS - the pizzas are still sliding under the door, you know what I mean? :D :D

Max Hedges 12-02-06 11:58

counting

are you still counting Bob, I will be there on Friday.
Max

Keith Webb 12-02-06 18:38

Flyer

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a flyer I made - Jan Thompson is having it printed and at higher resolution you CAN read the small type which is about the side trips for Friday.

zemsi 12-02-06 18:47

... gosh, Keith. Looks excellent!!

I've just designed myself a new banner for my website. A CMP is certainly included.

cheers
Chris

Keith Webb 12-02-06 18:55

Corowa

So are you coming now, Chris???

Love your work - especially the "advertisement"

Keith

zemsi 12-02-06 19:31

... well, Keith. Would love to come. But there's a "but"...

Just started my new job and can't take holidays for 3 - 4 weeks. But I'll have a look at 2007!

Hope you'll get some clicks from my website. When do you change your CMS to Joomla ;)

cu
Chris

Bob Moseley (RIP) 13-02-06 12:35

Corowa 2006 Countdown

28 sleeps to go

zemsi 13-02-06 18:18

... I forgot. Is there going to be a Year of the Armored Car DVD?

If so, count me as your first order!

thanx
Chris

Keith Webb 13-02-06 20:50

DVD

Quote:

Originally posted by zemsi
... I forgot. Is there going to be a Year of the Armored Car DVD?

If so, count me as your first order!

thanx
Chris

You bet! I hope to include some extra features such as a look at a couple of significant Australian collections and projects too.

Mark Sierant 15-02-06 00:35

Can I drive

Gee Keith you line up the armoured car and I will do my best to add the sound effects.

:D

Keith Webb 15-02-06 03:24

Re: Can I drive

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Sierant
Gee Keith you line up the armoured car and I will do my best to add the sound effects.

:D

Not the sound of some gear polishing??? :eek: Wonderful!

Here's the call for volunteers, then... How about the Adelaide Rover?

Mark Sierant 15-02-06 03:40

New Sounds are now Available

Last year I perfected the "Crank Cracker" sound as we left Corowa. Sorta goes

BANG, clankity clankity clank clank clank, POP POP, AH SH__

:confused

Keith Webb 15-02-06 04:10

Re: New Sounds are now Available

Quote:

Last year I perfected the "Crank Cracker" sound as we left Corowa. Sorta goes

BANG, clankity clankity clank clank clank, POP POP, AH SH__

:confused

That would be the sound of two pieces of crankshaft making contact?

Mark Sierant 15-02-06 04:45

Max has a couple as well

Having travelled with Max he has a lot to add to a Video Clip, here are the ones that I have had the joy to share with Max

1) Bang poppop fluff pop bang, Max achieves this by using 8 different types of second hand plugs in his ford.

2) SHISH glug glug Shish Bang Bang Pop fluff fluff glug glug, Max gets this great combination by running water pumps without seals and filling up thru the man hole as you drive.

3) BEEP BEEP BEEEPP BEEEEPP, this sound comes from vehicles that are following Max when they nearly rear end him. Max creates this sound by only having one working light on his Blitz at any time, usally a torch in the Cab kept with a packet of biscuits and thermos.

:)

Max Hedges 15-02-06 05:48

Re: Max has a couple as well

Quote:

Having travelled with Max he has a lot to add to a Video Clip, here are the ones that I have had the joy to share with Max

1) Bang poppop fluff pop bang, Max achieves this by using 8 different types of second hand plugs in his ford.

2) SHISH glug glug Shish Bang Bang Pop fluff fluff glug glug, Max gets this great combination by running water pumps without seals and filling up thru the man hole as you drive.

3) BEEP BEEP BEEEPP BEEEEPP, this sound comes from vehicles that are following Max when they nearly rear end him. Max creates this sound by only having one working light on his Blitz at any time, usally a torch in the Cab kept with a packet of biscuits and thermos.

hey Russel the one I remember the most is when I had fuel trouble at the lights in the city on our way home from VP day. I had to pour fuel down the carby to keep her goining to get through the lights.

another one was the sound of winching a chev back on the track after it saved a bloke in a land rover.

then there was the demonstration on how to clean the camp oven
Max

Mark Sierant 15-02-06 05:55

Max has made a few good points

Keith it seems that if you want to make a really good movie about armoured cars you better hang out with Max and I on the way home.

You just never know what will happen.

Max after the camp oven cleanup I have had a trip to the doctors. my eybrows have grown back there just a little off centre now.

:eek:

zemsi 13-03-06 20:10

Good Day Mates

I wish you some brilliant days with your beloved vehicles! Enjoy some VB's, XXXX or whatsoever, the beautiful warm days an the drive around the streets, parades, swim-ins etc.

But don't go swimming! Watch out for the crocs:

http://www.bushgear.co.uk/acatalog/rs_croc_small.jpg

Although, somebody has to rescue the girl. Max, drag on your speedos :D

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/78500/78723aGie_w.jpg

I'm looking forward to read your stories and see the pics.

Greetings
Chris

Hanno Spoelstra 13-03-06 20:16

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/imag.../worthless.gif

Dinty 19-03-06 09:44

G'day All, Wot no pictures yet, geez it's 1940hrs I thought some of the early birds might have posted some, well it looks like we have to have another sleep before we will see any :D :( cheers Dennis :sheep:

Keith Webb 19-03-06 11:21

Pics

1 Attachment(s)
OK here are some quickies...

This is the beginning of a 120 vehicle convoy...

Keith Webb 19-03-06 11:32

And another

1 Attachment(s)
Did we have fun?

Keith Webb 19-03-06 11:39

Fun

1 Attachment(s)
OK, so that was a rhetorical question. OF COURSE WE DID! :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

And what did I do there, I hear you ask?

Wellll apart from a LOT fo filming for the benefit of you lot, meeting up with great friends you only see once a year, talking a lot, learning a lot, selling a few DVDs and other things, buying a few things, I was fortunate to have a ride in a lot of different vehicles including DUKW, gun buggy Land-Rover, Model T, LP4 (Pic included below) I was also very fortunate to be allowed behind the wheel of such beasts as the Daimler Dingo and White Half track which was great fun to steer between the trees on the narrow track, also driving it through the gully was an experience!

I did a number of interviews with the radio mic where the interviewee was inside their vehicle and I was travelling in another - should be an interesting perspective!

On the way home I was also lucky to visit Ron Fry to see his incredible collection... Ron brought along an almost finished Lynx.

Keith Webb 19-03-06 11:42

Here's the Lynx

1 Attachment(s)
With Ron on the wireless.

Ron is looking for a rear differential and commander's seat among other things. Can anyone help?

zemsi 19-03-06 12:21

... excellent Keith. It looks like you all had a lot of fun! Looking forward to read some more stories.

Chris

Keith Webb 19-03-06 21:06

3 pages of images

Just what are Mark Sierantt and Ashley Wilson deriding?

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/yotac/mark_n_Ashley.jpg

Take a look at page 2 to find out.

Page 3 has a pic of this MLU forum member. Can anyone (who wasn't there) guess his identity?

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/yotac/Lang.jpg

And on page 1 you can see some pics of the parade including this one of Colin Anderson looking the part in his Model T.

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/yotac/Colanderson.jpg

Richard Farrant 19-03-06 22:26

Re: 3 pages of images

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
has a pic of this MLU forum member. Can anyone (who wasn't there) guess his identity?

Keith,

That is Lang Kidby.
Last time I saw him, was in Bayeaux, 2004.

Richard