MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   WW2 Military History & Equipment (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wondai Disposals (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25331)

Private_collector 27-02-16 12:30

Wondai Disposals

5 Attachment(s)
While on a day trip today, we went past one of my very favorite places within cooee. This disposal store has some really nice pieces from WWII, and even has a limited stock of WWI items. I would not do justice to describe the goods, so Brian the owner, gave permission for me to take a few photos to show you. The store is at Wondai, in Queensland, AUST. I have been there before, but todays visit was really to see if he had a 25pr Illuminating Apparatus box (No. 5). He did have one.......a few months ago. Sold, of course. My luck holds true!
Anyhow, enjoy the photos. I can give contact details for the owner, if desired. Send me a PM.

Attachment 79954 Attachment 79955

Attachment 79956 Attachment 79957 Attachment 79958

Private_collector 27-02-16 12:36

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 79959 Attachment 79960 Attachment 79961

Attachment 79962 Attachment 79963

There's HEAPS more stuff than can be seen in these photos, and the majority of supplies are in storage! Took a good 90min to stroll through. Sensory overload, chaps.

Brett Nicholls 28-02-16 00:35

Disposals

Hi Tony,
Very nice. Thanks for the pictures. :thup2:
Regards,

Bob Carriere 28-02-16 03:28

Did you have a note from your wife so they would let you in?????

That is the kind of store that should be nest to a bank with an ATM handy......

Are the prices reasonable or do you just go there to salivate.??

I have not been in a store like that since I was a kid.....

Cheers

Bob C

Brett Nicholls 28-02-16 04:47

Disposals

Hi Bob,
Upon entry they give you a disposable bib! :D

David Dunlop 28-02-16 05:42

I'd need special pants.

David

Hanno Spoelstra 28-02-16 19:55

Looks like a great place!

I like the fact that every item is labelled.

pauldavies 11-03-16 10:04

Tony where is the shop/museum? As you know I am in Hervey Bay, could take a trip out there next week. Phone number of the owner to make sure he will be in.
Great looking store.
Paul

Private_collector 11-03-16 10:51

1 Attachment(s)
Paul,

Coming from your way, the shop is on the right hand side as you enter Wondai. It is the first shop in a short line of three or four, and is the corner position of the Bunya Hwy and Edward St. If you get to the roundabout, you've gone too far.
Attachment 80358
It'll be quite a drive from Hervey Bay, but I think you will be glad you went.

I will send you the phone number. Brian is the owners name. The shop, as far as I know, is open through the week, but ringing first is certainly a good idea. Brian sometimes travels overseas, to catalogue military items for auction in USA. He is a facinating fellow to speak with. Allow yourself at least 1-2hrs to browse. More if you start a decent conversation with Brian.

Ph number to follow,

Mike Cecil 11-03-16 19:47

Takes local knowledge ...

Drat! Lack of local knowledge .... I was in Murgon, just a few miles up the road, in December!! I could have really overloaded the shipment to the USA with a few 'goodies' from that venue! My wife is probably very grateful you didn't tell me about it, Tony! :giveup

Nice (continuing) work on the 1/4 pounder, too. And glad you and the Blitz came through the 'tyre incident' OK.

Mike