MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   TAC HQ (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ascending/Descending viewing posts? (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2309)

Vets Dottir 27-07-04 06:11

Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Hi ... is there no option available to view posts in ascending OR descending order?

Thanks. Carman

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 27-07-04 13:57

Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
Hi ... is there no option available to view posts in ascending OR descending order?
Not available to individuals... I can reorder the entire forum like that through my control panel (it's all or nothing), but I think this current format is more practical; even on multi-page topics, the Unread Post link takes you to where you left off.

Vets Dottir 27-07-04 15:31

Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Not available to individuals... I can reorder the entire forum like that through my control panel (it's all or nothing), but I think this current format is more practical; even on multi-page topics, the Unread Post link takes you to where you left off.
Thanks for the response Geoff :)

Guess I'm SOL then ;) I figured if I could view backwards from "last posts first" then I could view the images and posts towards the ends of threads. I can always get at the words through bringing up the reply window, but the images don't showup. Ohwell. Such is life with ancient browsers. Thanks anyways...c

Mark W. Tonner 27-07-04 15:33

Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Geoff;

Please stick to the present format, it's a lot more practical than the old format and easier to use.

Cheers :)

P.S. ....Sorry :yappy: Your out voted two to one....or should that be two to a ½ :p

:D

Vets Dottir 27-07-04 15:41

Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Geoff;

Please stick to the present format, it's a lot more practical than the old format and easier to use.

Cheers :)

P.S. ....Sorry :yappy: Your out voted two to one....or should that be two to a ½ :p

I wasn't asking or wanting the whole forum changed just cuz I got me an old dinosaur. I know the problem is my old setup. Was just hoping I could chnage how I view the threads in my cp. so I could see the pics. No big deal.

:p :salute:

Hanno Spoelstra 27-07-04 18:18

Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
I figured if I could view backwards from "last posts first" then I could view the images and posts towards the ends of threads. I can always get at the words through bringing up the reply window, but the images don't showup. Ohwell. Such is life with ancient browsers.
Karmen, if the images are too much for your slow internet connection, you can choose to only show hyperlinks instead of the pictures via User Control Panel > Edit Options. If you choose this option you can only open the attached images you want by clicking on their hyperlink.

HTH,
H.

Vets Dottir 27-07-04 19:32

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by Hanno Spoelstra
Karmen, if the images are too much for your slow internet connection, you can choose to only show hyperlinks instead of the pictures via User Control Panel > Edit Options. If you choose this option you can only open the attached images you want by clicking on their hyperlink.

HTH,
H.

I think its more a problem of old browser and not enough memory (486/Netscape 4.72/16mg)

Thanks for the hyperlink advice ... I changed my options (still couldn't get to the end of a page tho) ...and NOW I know what a "HYPER"-link is:o I only knew what a "link" was (SHUT UP MARKO!):p I thought a hyperlink was a link that needed a valium?:D :yappy:

Mark W. Tonner 27-07-04 19:37

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
I think its more a problem of old browser and not enough memory (486/Netscape 4.72/16mg)

Thanks for the hyperlink advice ... I changed my options (still couldn't get to the end of a page tho) ...and NOW I know what a "HYPER"-link is:o I only knew what a "link" was (SHUT UP MARKO!):p I thought a hyperlink was a link that needed a valium?:D :yappy:

But, But, But.....I didn't say anything :(

YET !!!!!!

:p

Vets Dottir 27-07-04 19:53

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

But, But, But.....I didn't say anything :(

YET !!!!!!

:p

Careful there Hairy Beast ... am in PRIMAL VICERAL MODE lately ... don't p*** me off :eek: :D :yappy:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 27-07-04 20:18

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Originally posted by V_D
Careful there Hairy Beast ... am in PRIMAL VICERAL MODE lately ... don't p*** me off :eek: :D :yappy:

Careful there, Marko... she was to pull a 'velociraptor' on yer innards now... DANGER CLOSE! :eek:

Mark W. Tonner 27-07-04 20:29

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Careful there, Marko... she was to pull a 'velociraptor' on yer innards now... DANGER CLOSE! :eek:
Nothing to worry about :rolleyes: .....sounds like I SPELL - BLOCKS ON "PAPA MIKE SIERRA" BLOCKS OFF, kicking in :eek: .....................................

Vets Dottir 28-07-04 02:23

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ascnding/Descending viewing posts?

Quote:

Careful there, Marko... she was to pull
a 'velociraptor' on yer innards now...DANGER CLOSE!
Quote:

Nothing to worry about :rolleyes: .....sounds like I SPELL - BLOCKS ON "PAPA MIKE SIERRA" BLOCKS OFF, kicking in :eek: .....................................

Verra wise words from our M. Sunray ... H.B.M-O, don't :rolleyes: at :yappy: MOI. I fear you are self-destructive today?:eek: :D