MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Carrier Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Carrier for sale? (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19346)

Billruston 26-10-12 18:18

Carrier for sale?

Hi you lot, vie just joined some one directed me to hear, does any one no of a universal carrier or t16 for sale any were that needs restoration? If you do I would love to no as I'm looking for one

Kind regards bill.

Ron Pier 26-10-12 18:38

1 Attachment(s)
I was one who directed you hear from HMVF Bill. Blow me if someone didn't send me this today. Laying in a ditch in Ireland. But the owner has ideas of restoring it with a brand new crated V8 engine that he's acquired. My friend who sent me the picture tells me that the owner is a dreamer.....So I'm on the case and might know more by Christmas. Ron

Billruston 26-10-12 18:49

hi

Thanks ron for giving me directions to this page, if you find out the price and if he wants to sell, are you having the carrier? Regards bill.

RichardT10829 26-10-12 20:09

Ahh, the Ireland carrier has finally gone public ;-) needs new track guards but a great project if you can get your hands on it

Billruston 26-10-12 20:27

Carrier

How much is the carrier in irland ??

Regards bill.

Hanno Spoelstra 26-10-12 21:28

Bill,

In December there's an auction running in the USA, with three types of carrier - Universal, Loyd and Windsor - offered at no reserve.

HTH,
Hanno

Marc van Aalderen 26-10-12 22:23

Hanno,

I just looked at all vehicles for sale there. Wow! Hope I win the lottery in November.. :yappy: :yappy:

TTFN,

horsa 26-10-12 23:05

The USA auction is all vehicles acquired from the old Victory Museum that was in Luxemburg. Being longtime static displays, I wouldn't expect them to be running or even complete in the engine compartments. But you never can tell.

Certainly would be better project vehicles to start with than what most of us were stuck with when we got the OD armour disease. I like the canvas top that the Windsor carrier has.

Link to the forced auction in case anyone isn’t familiar with it:

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...?SaleCode=MM12

Jon Bradshaw 27-10-12 02:14

Outstanding collection

Too bad to see such a collection torn appart but it puts them back on the market for those that have an interest and the money....
That Loraine is interesting I had never heard of it before. Would be quite a good vehicle if you could afford it.

Hans Mulder 27-10-12 22:37

Check out the thread on scrapped t16 carriers in argentina.

Billruston 13-05-13 21:55

Still looking for a carrier.

Still looking for a carrier chaps any projects known in uk&europe would love to no.

Thanks bill.

rob love 14-05-13 01:21

Here is one on ebay located in Canada. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1943-Universa...item35c74fc77d

Uncut hull, and a reasonable number of parts with it. Reserve is unmet at 8K, who knows where the reserve is set at? Only 14 hours left at this time.

RichardT10829 14-05-13 06:02

Bill, do you have a budget ?

Billruston 14-05-13 12:45

Not on a huge budget but I think I should have enough mate.

The Canadian carrier looks like a good project, shame it's the shipping that kills it, uk&europe I can do with no problem shippings no problem if I could get the right carrier for the right money.

Bill.

Ben 14-05-13 12:56

Carriers in Europe will command a higher price in my experience. Buying from Canada or Australia will get you a better project (on a smaller budjet) IMHO. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. You'll need to spend a reasonable amount to get it going either up front or restoring it, the total will end up about the same. You'd be doing pretty well to be the owner driver of a carrier for less than 10k.
Better vehicles will cost (much) more

Ben

Billruston 14-05-13 16:13

If seen&heard of a few go for my kind of budget, more looking for a t16 than a Bren, just a matter of waiting for one.
I'm 17 years old so I don't mind a long restoration.
Currently speaking to someone in usa about one.
Thanks bill.

Ben 14-05-13 17:20

Bill, please don't take my comments the wrong way, I'm not trying to put you off but just preparing you for the time and ultimately money that a carrier will cost. Waiting for the right project and spending your money wisely will pay off in the end.

Ben

Billruston 14-05-13 17:41

Hi ben, I didn't take them in the wrong way at all, %100 right about waiting for the right one.

Thanks bill.

RichardT10829 14-05-13 19:38

If you buy a carrier from Canada, it will cost in the region of 2.5 - 3.5K to get it home, that's based on a none runner.

Billruston 14-05-13 19:59

Thanks,how's the best to find them in Canada?

Bill.

Jim Burrill 14-05-13 23:31

3 T-16s in Argentina come up for sale..

4 Attachment(s)
Reposting from an email I had today. I have about 20 pics in an email he sent me. If you are game for these, email me and I will forward the email and pics. I am not connected with the seller at all, and just sharing info...

Quote:

Dear Clients ,
we received three Carriers T-16 in excellent condition , not running , but they are complete with their original engines and transmissions , instrument pannels , engine covers (usually missing ) , tracks and boogies in excellent condition , controls , seats etc etc . The three carriers are in similar condition . These vehicles have been inside a warehouse the last 25 years and they still have all the hoses , belts and spark pluggs on place so they would need little mechanical adjustments to run again . All the original parts are present including their spare wheels , radiator , gasoline tanks etc . Just some little parts are missing like the front lights . We are selling them at U$S20000 each . Buying all , the price would be $17000 each . These vehicles are still considered "belic" in Argentina so an Import Permit or "End User Certificate" would be necessary to get the export one . We can do invoices for a lower price to save money from import fees . We are attaching pictures .

Best regards .

Ricardo Birsa
US1 Exports
Alberti 857 (1642) San Isidro
Buenos Aires , Argentina

horsa 15-05-13 00:37

Nice! Looks like at least that one has three added pintle style gun mounts with one in the rear and one each behind the driver and gunner positions. Fuel tank is the original pattern but missing the locker that goes on top of it. Minor compared to what is missing and altered on a former Swiss T-16.

rob love 15-05-13 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billruston (Post 179931)
Thanks,how's the best to find them in Canada?

Bill.

Don't use hindsight. When you see a worthy project available, jump on it. There is a line of other guys looking.

I would suggest a call to the number listed on the ebay ad of the one I mentioned. If the price is outrageous, then keep looking. But the days of $3000 carriers in the barn are pretty much over, thanks to the internet. Even if the old boy can't use the internet themselves, they almost always have a grandkid or a nephew who can. They will, of course, use the price off a restored vehicle for their fixer-upper.

The price on carrier projects on ebay in the last few years (all upper armour present, and the majority of the parts) seems to have been in the $20-24K range, with runners going from the upper part of that range up to $35K.

Billruston 15-05-13 08:51

Carriers

Thanks mate! Like all ww2 vehichles, they don't pop up alot.
And if they do, they make all the money because of evilbay' haha.

Bill.

Billruston 15-05-13 13:49

Canadian carrier on ebay

They want $33.000 for her around £19.000 GBP? It has everything to restore her even the nos flathead that's been reconditioned.

Bill.

RichardT10829 15-05-13 14:16

That maybe so... But the point is, everything is there. As long as they have tracks and drive line ;-)

The more complete the unit is the more you pay initially, sometimes getting a less complete unit is a false economy as by the time you have sourced and replaced all the missing bits you have paid the same if not more in the end. Carriers do come up for sale, but the word is seldom, and they command big money as its ww2 tracked armour that can be used on the roads and is still light enough for transporting about

RichardT10829 15-05-13 14:20

Also with the 19k you need to add 5% import duties onto that cost, plus a further 2500ish grand for shipping.... Mind she is a mint carrier

McDell Bros 19-05-13 11:29

Hi everyone. Has been a while since I have been on here, But have still been busy with millitary projects. If you are looking for a restored carrier to buy, we have one for sale here New Zealand. Its a 1941 ''English'' universal carrier, built by wolsely.
It was restored to a high standard about 5 years ago. tracks are in excellent condition. Drives very well, no expence spared engine rebuild. If you are interested please contact me via PM and we can talk about the details of it.

kevin powles 19-05-13 13:15

Hi, a friend who passed away at christmas has a carrier, nice Canadian mk2, his family wants to sell it. They are looking for 50k gb pounds.

RichardT10829 19-05-13 19:33

Surprised you don't have it Kev.... You got most of the worlds carriers in your collection hehehehe :-)