MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Military Shows & Events (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Red Deer, Alberta - Military Vehicle Show - August 26, 2017 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27091)

Wayne Hingley 12-03-17 22:32

Red Deer, Alberta - Military Vehicle Show - August 26, 2017

1 Attachment(s)
Red Deer Show:
Bring your vehicles out for display. Everyone is welcome to participate with your MV or just take a look around.
Contact Donna if you want to display your vehicle.

jdmcm 13-03-17 07:11

Cool Wayne, count me in for that show!

Wayne Hingley 13-03-17 19:32

Great! It will be good to see you there John.

chris vickery 14-03-17 03:34

If I'm back out that way at the time I'll be sure to look you up.

Wayne Hingley 14-03-17 04:37

Sounds good Chris. It will be good to see you out here again. Make sure your Project Scheduler knows what dates to send you out west!

Wayne Hingley 11-07-17 06:15

Reminder...

The date is coming quickly. Everyone is welcome. Please try to come out to Red Deer, and bring your vehicles.

Wayne Hingley 30-07-17 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmcm (Post 235342)
Cool Wayne, count me in for that show!

John, I hear you are bringing something big green and HEAVY! I look forward to seeing you there.

jdmcm 01-08-17 21:51

Yes sir! Very excited Wayne, looks like it is going to be a great event!

John

cletrac (RIP) 01-08-17 22:39

I'll be there but no vehicle.

Phil Waterman 02-08-17 01:34

Photos Please

Hi

Would enjoy seeing some photos from a different region.

Cheers Phil

Wayne Hingley 09-08-17 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Waterman (Post 240737)
Hi

Would enjoy seeing some photos from a different region.

Cheers Phil

Phil: I will get photos and post theme here...

Wayne Hingley 22-08-17 15:27

It looks like quite a number of participants will be at the show on Saturday. There is still lots of space for more vehicles. Everyone is welcome... come on out.

Saturday August 26, Red Deer, Alberta (see post #1 above).

Wayne Hingley 27-08-17 17:32

5 Attachment(s)
It was a fun show in Red Deer yesterday. Excellent weather and an excellent group of participants and visitors from far and wide. One of our friends had trouble with transportation at the last minute (issues stemming from the forest fires in BC), and was not able to attend with his Stuart tank, but we will see him next year for sure (we missed you John).

There was over 30 vehicle in attendance, and some of the visitors (who didn't bring vehicles), have committed to bringing their vehicles out next year. It looks like this event has a lot of potential to grow in the future. There was also a steady flow of visitors from the community, several vendor displays, 78th Field Battery RCA, and 41 Signal Regiment (749 Sig Sqn).

Wayne Hingley 27-08-17 17:33

5 Attachment(s)
More photos....

Wayne Hingley 27-08-17 17:36

5 Attachment(s)
some more....

Wayne Hingley 27-08-17 17:37

5 Attachment(s)
Last ones...

Wayne Hingley 27-08-17 17:58

5 Attachment(s)
A few jeeps...

jdmcm 28-08-17 22:51

Looks like a fantastic event, makes us even more depressed we missed it, congratulations to all, looks like a great time was had, we will be sure to be there next year!

Regards
John

Robin Craig 29-08-17 00:07

Wayne,

any chance you have anything closer up on the motorbike and any more information on it please?

Wayne Hingley 29-08-17 02:05

1 Attachment(s)
Robin; Its a 1986 Armstrong/Harley Davidson 500. The owner is SteveJ http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/member.php?u=619 send him a PM, Im sure he would love to discuss motorcycles.

Closer photo:

Phil Waterman 29-08-17 14:35

Thanks for the photos

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the posting the photos, great to see MV events in other areas.

Cheers Phil

Jon Bradshaw 11-09-17 14:01

Looks like it was a good show

The turn out looks like it was good, both display vehicles and crowd to see them. I see this is the 1st annual, is it planned again for next summer and is the date going to be the same next year? That is the same weekend as the show I try to attend in Odessa ON. Most of my collection is there in ON. so it makes sense for me to go there. I would have liked to attend since it is a great way to meet the other collectors in AB. I will watch the calendar for next year.

Wayne Hingley 11-09-17 15:14

Hi Jon; Yes I believe the intention is to have this event again in the future (as this first one was well attended and positive comments received). This show was organized by MVPA members from mainly the Edmonton and Calgary areas, with visitors and vehicles from all over (some visitors from BC & Sask). Red Deer is a convenient central location, making it easier for all to attend. I think the groups will be summarizing feedback from this year, and starting to look at organizing next year's event quite soon. No dates determined as of yet.

I will post any evolving information on the 2018 event here on MLU. If you (or anyone else) would like to contribute to organizing the event, please let me know and Ill get you in contact with the rest of the committee.