MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Restoration Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CMP Switch plate decals (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13421)

servicepub (RIP) 10-09-09 00:11

CMP Switch plate decals

These may be of interest to a CMP restorer. Scroll down almost to the bottom.
http://www.canmilair.com/restoration%20gallery.htm

Bob Moseley (RIP) 11-09-09 23:25

Switch Plates

So why are they not silver. If you are going to do something, get it right.

Bob

Tony Smith 11-09-09 23:46

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 118943)
So why are they not silver.
Bob

I think they are Silver, Bob, the coppery shade is just a product of the ambient light reflecting on the surface. The original plates appear more silver because they are a B+W pic.

A more pertinent question is why did they reproduce the "Bubba built" enlarged hole someone has put through the Autopulse switch position? :bang:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 11-09-09 23:52

Bubba Built

Hi Tony - they probably just went with what they had. They are probably wondering what the hole was for. I have yet to see a switch plate that has "Autopulse" scripted.

Bob

Keith Webb 12-09-09 00:23

Painted plates

I have a new old stock late dash which has the original plates which are a light grey not silver.

Harry Moon 12-09-09 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 118946)
Hi Tony - they probably just went with what they had. They are probably wondering what the hole was for. I have yet to see a switch plate that has "Autopulse" scripted.

Bob

On both of my 44 built c15A's that hole was filled with the socket for the light cord.

Comox Air Force Museum 12-09-09 06:51

Hello. My name is Rob and I'm with CAFM. Our plate is the same as what Harry has said, there is a light socket in that spot for a trouble light. Sorry about the colour as that was the closest match that I could find If you want to see what our truck looked like when we got it, go to our web site, Comox Air Force Museum and under vehicles it's at the bottom

Rob Roy

zemsi 12-09-09 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comox Air Force Museum (Post 118964)
If you want to see what our truck looked like when we got it, go to our web site, Comox Air Force Museum and under vehicles it's at the bottom
Rob Roy

here's the direct link.

Bruce Parker (RIP) 12-09-09 16:13

Switch plate colour

These plates seem to be finished in the same manner as Canadian 19 wireless sets, that is to say black decals over gloss grey. Like 19 sets, they start out grey but can tend to weather towards a brownish yellow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Moseley (Post 118946)

Bob

Harry Moon 13-09-09 06:29

Nice truck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comox Air Force Museum (Post 118964)
Hello. My name is Rob and I'm with CAFM. Our plate is the same as what Harry has said, there is a light socket in that spot for a trouble light. Sorry about the colour as that was the closest match that I could find If you want to see what our truck looked like when we got it, go to our web site, Comox Air Force Museum and under vehicles it's at the bottom

Rob Roy

Excellent truck to start with. where did you find it

Harry Moon 13-09-09 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Moon (Post 118985)
Excellent truck to start with. where did you find it

And can i get a set or too?

Comox Air Force Museum 13-09-09 19:38

The truck was recovered from a gold mine, Boulder City, fourty miles inland to the east from Dease Lake. It was a great find for us as it had RCAF Comox on the door, so we think it was here during the war.
The truck was in great shape for it's age and still sat on the original tires with the RCAF brand in the side walls of the tires. It's an REL truck so we think it was here for base radar.
We have finished so far, a complete retore on the frame and engine and when we go back to the Skunk Works for the fall and winter season the cab floor will be put back on and we can start to rewire it.
TER engine rebuilders restored the original 216 engine and it runs great, so we have kept the same block, that has that important serial number.
Canmilair in London Ont. are the ones that have reproduced the decals for the switch plates and have also reproduced the decals for the speedometer face plate and the odometer wheels, still have not finished it yet, so no pictures.
I'm sure if you contact Bill he will be happy to supply you or anyone else with his great products.
I would also like to thank Barry Churcher, small drive shaft and Derk Leegwater, front wheel cylinders for their help, finding some of the missing parts

Eric Delcommenne 04-10-09 19:09

Switch dashboard plates for chevy cab 13

1 Attachment(s)
I still have sets of two switch dashboard plates for Chevy cab 13. These are reproductions made in solid steel, grey paint. Same the original ones.
50 euros + shipping for the set.

+32 497 53 06 20

Eric Delcommenne
Brussels Belgium

GPW 1944
HUW 1944
HUP 1944
HUA 1943
C30L 1940
D60L 1944
CGT 1944