MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted: Transport Canada to the UK (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28216)

tankbarrell 24-11-17 11:31

Transport Canada to the UK

Does anybody know of any potential containers going from Canada to the UK?

I have some parts currently with Robin Craig in Ontario and would like to get them here. No great hurry, though I'm sure Robin will be pleased to see the back of them! :thup2:

Thanks in advance.

Lang 03-12-17 11:24

Adrian

If you look up consolidating agents you could well find a company who will take your goods and bundle them with other smaller shipments to fill a container.

This happens all the time and I have used these professionals on US-Australia shipments for things too big to post and they turn out quite reasonable in price.

Lang

Robin Craig 04-12-17 01:15

I will be starting nearer Christmas to look for someone offering a groupage service to the UK, we have one going the other way sometimes.

Robin

tankbarrell 04-12-17 08:45

Robin,

that will be interesting to see how you get on.

I have something here for Rob Love that is/was supposed to be going in a container but nothing has happened yet on that front. It is supposed to still be happening but next time something goes your way, let me know.

Lang,

good suggestion, I'll look into it and compare notes with Robin.

lssah2025 05-12-17 04:29

Adrian, don't forget I have a container going to the UK soon. Will be leaving PA.

Robin Craig 05-12-17 11:51

Can you define "soon" and give me a location within PA so I can get a freight quote please?

Jim Burrill 05-12-17 16:00

Robin,
Lance probably means from my place.

I live at

Jim Burrill
1926 Allentown Road
Hatfield, PA 19440

rob love 05-12-17 16:55

It does mean 2 more border crossings (into the US and out of the US) for a military good.

Buster Reed 08-12-17 23:34

How big are the items to ship?

rob love 09-12-17 00:12

Mine is about the size of a 25 pounder sight mount assembly. It's just over 36kgs I believe.

tankbarrell 09-12-17 09:01

Mine are a bit more bulky, though spindly! Probably 1.25 M long by 0.8 M high. Looks like it would fit on a pallet ok or slot in to gaps ok.

Robin Craig 09-12-17 15:49

Adrian"s size estimate is about correct

I will be in the sea container on Sunday to size it up.

I would prefer for safety's sake to make a simple plywood box and contain the bits therein.

Robin

tankbarrell 17-04-18 14:09

Bumping this back up in case anybody is having a container coming over. If not, I'll look to consolidated freight.

Thanks in anticipation!

lssah2025 17-04-18 14:20

I guess they never got to ship the part down to Jim's place to go out in the 20 or 40 footer that I just sent...

jdmcm 18-04-18 04:32

Hi Adrian

I am just waiting on Carl's expertise on the export paperwork then my UK container will be heading to Vancouver, I would expect Rob's 25lbdr parts should be part of this. I hope to send a smaller container of parts over early fall from Vancouver to the UK if that helps

Regards
John

tankbarrell 18-04-18 08:41

Hi John,

that's good to hear about your shipment, I assume you still want a turret bin? I'll get everything over to Carl soonest.

If nothing pans out before, please consider me to go in on your next shipment out, though Ontario to Vancouver is possibly further than Ontario to the UK!

jdmcm 18-04-18 19:26

Yes sir Adrian, would love a turret bin! And regarding Ontario to Vancouver, perhaps the MLU express could be of some service if anyone is heading west? Or even west of Ontario would help, I am sure we could leapfrog your parts out here by late summer! And if you know anyone in the UK that may be passing by Bob Grundy's and or Rick Wedlock's, I have a couple of items I need to get over to Carl's before the ship sails!

John

rob love 18-04-18 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmcm (Post 249742)
Yes sir Adrian, would love a turret bin! And regarding Ontario to Vancouver, perhaps the MLU express could be of some service if anyone is heading west? Or even west of Ontario would help, I am sure we could leapfrog your parts out here by late summer! And if you know anyone in the UK that may be passing by Bob Grundy's and or Rick Wedlock's, I have a couple of items I need to get over to Carl's before the ship sails!

John

Bugger....I paid to leapfrog Adrian's sight to Ontario. Now it has to come back and just as far West.....

I am going to St Catherines in a month, so if it could find it's way to some of the guys in that neck of the woods, I could get it back to here. The trick will be to get it from here West. I do have some visitors from Alberta coming out in the next couple months, so if timing works out, it could get to Calgary.

Logistics can be a PIA.

jdmcm 19-04-18 02:13

I will be out Calgary way a few times this spring and summer so I can grab anything that makes it that far

John

tankbarrell 19-04-18 08:49

As Rob pointed out, he put considerable effort into getting my parts so far East, let's not be in too much of a hurry to move them back West! I'm looking at all options at the moment but thanks to all for your help and offers so far.

John, I'll get your box and Robs sight to Carl soon, I have asked him to keep me informed as to progress anyway but I'll make sure he has them in case it all kicks off at short notice.

jdmcm 20-04-18 17:57

Thanks Adrian, much appreciated!

Regards
John