MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Blitz at work (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10597)

hrpearce 27-02-08 09:10

Blitz at work

3 Attachment(s)
I'd like to share a fiew photos of where the Blitz and myself have been working for the last couple of months in the boses back country :)

cliff 27-02-08 10:29

Mate I love the country view in the 3rd photo. I'd love a house sitting there and looking at those views all day. I'd never get sick of it. :)

Mike Kelly 27-02-08 10:38

Blitz ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 94456)
I'd like to share a fiew photos of where the Blitz and myself have been working for the last couple of months in the boses back country :)

Robert

Where is the Blitz ? I can see lovely green scenes , but no green machine .

Mike

PS Is your boss Kevin ?

hrpearce 27-02-08 10:41

Yes Cliff there are many great views in the area unfortunately getting access is difficult. All 3 photos were taken from the one spot. (1) straight up to the Blitz about 80m up. (2)around the contour. (3) straight down.

hrpearce 27-02-08 10:45

Mike, that's because it's not all green yet. It is in the centre top of picture 1.
Click the picture to full screen to reveal all!

hrpearce 27-02-08 10:54

Another

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a better view of the Blitz but the thistles detract from the view and are hell to walk through. :D I need one of these :kangaroo to ride.

Mike Kelly 27-02-08 11:18

Toy Blitz

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 94465)
Mike, that's because it's not all green yet. It is in the centre top of picture 1.
Click the picture to full screen to reveal all!

I thought that was a Dinky toy tank perched in a diorama scene .

Mike Kelly 27-02-08 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 94466)
Here is a better view of the Blitz but the thistles detract from the view and are hell to walk through. :D I need one of these :kangaroo to ride.

Looks like a bad infestation of Scotch Thistles

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/dpi/nrenin...256DEA00293F8A

The scotch thistles are here too , but I don't use a Blitz to kill them. The roadside weed sprayers here use modern junk ( vehicles ) and a pink coloured spray .

hrpearce 27-02-08 11:31

Mike they are safron thistles and I'm not spraying them, I'm chasing briars and blackberries.

Mike Kelly 27-02-08 11:48

Safron

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 94472)
Mike they are safron thistles and I'm not spraying them, I'm chasing briars and blackberries.

Here we go

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DPI/nrenin...F000AD565?open

hrpearce 27-02-08 13:21

Going blind

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kelly (Post 94463)
PS Is your boss Kevin ?

Mike sorry I missed the PS. No my boss is Elizabeth Kevins neighbour.

hrpearce 19-03-08 12:58

View

1 Attachment(s)
Cliff instead of the view of the swamp would you prefer the view from the top of the hill in the other direction :cheers:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 19-03-08 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 95698)
Cliff instead of the view of the swamp would you prefer the view from the top of the hill in the other direction :cheers:

Goddam.... THAT is where I'm going to build my house.... :D :cool:

cliff 19-03-08 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball (Post 95705)
Goddam.... THAT is where I'm going to build my house.... :D :cool:

Nice, real nice. That would be a view I would never tire of. :)

hrpearce 17-05-09 23:37

And play

1 Attachment(s)
Since I got the Blitz regested two months ago for Corowa it has put 337 miles on the clock. The latest trip yesterday (17/5/09) was to drive in the parade and gala day on the new highway bridge at Gundagai. Vicki came with me this time and we left home at 06:00 on a frosty morning and arived at Gunagai at 08:00. The airconditioner worked well and it took Vicki about four hours to thaw out :D. Vicki enjoyed the trip and wants to ride again but whe it's warmer :) . Isn't it amazing that people who say they have driven blitzs still have to look at the engine to see if it's a V8 even though it's got CHVROLET cleary writen on it :bang: It was a great day with over 200 vehicles parked on the bridge for the public to wander amongst. We got back to Mums at 17:00 to pick the boys up, we had the day to ourselves for once. :cheers:

Willanthry 18-05-09 00:14

We've got a Pearce living near us Robert; I don't suppose you have any relatives down our way?

Howard 18-05-09 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 113988)
...Isn't it amazing that people who say they have driven blitzs still have to look at the engine to see if it's a V8 even though it's got CHVROLET cleary writen on it :bang:...

Robert,
It is amazing how the experts come out... I had my F15 parked at the local Historical Society open day after Corowa, and was approached by an expert who enlightened me with some amazing facts!
1. Any truck with a cab like mine (#12) was made by Ford, and all the others (cab #13) were Chevs!
1.1 Any 12 cab with a Chev has had the engine retro-fitted! Therefore, the same applies to Ford-powered 13 cabs! (Gee a lot of people went to a lot of trouble, didn't they)
1.2 The Chev is a far superior vehicle owing to its bigger cabin (of course).
2. My F15 has been converted from 4wd, as they never, ever, made 2wd blitz's!
3. The "Ford" (cab 12) was produced during the war years, whereas the "Chev" (cab 13) continued well after.
I tried to help him with some factual information, but, being an expert, he knew his stuff! :teach:
HH

Howard 18-05-09 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willanthry (Post 113990)
We've got a Pearce living near us Robert; I don't suppose you have any relatives down our way?

Must be related... Just as I can see a striking resemblance between Robert's photos of Yaven Creek, and my recollections of Willanthery! Very similar country!
HH

Willanthry 18-05-09 02:01

Quote:

Must be related... Just as I can see a striking resemblance between Robert's photos of Yaven Creek, and my recollections of Willanthery! Very similar country!
Heheh, a bit flatter maybe...

hrpearce 18-05-09 09:35

Forgot to mention with the low profile tyres I'm averaging 36 KPH and getting just a shade over 9 1/2 miles per gallon :thup:
Toby I dont know of any relatives in your area but the early Pearces bread like rabbits so it is possible.
Howard did your expert know the name of the company producong mounts and crossmembers for the conversions and could he explain the 1/4" difference in wheelbase :bang:

Alex Blair (RIP) 19-05-09 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 114014)
Forgot to mention with the low profile tyres I'm averaging 36 KPH and getting just a shade over 9 1/2 miles per gallon :thup:
Toby I dont know of any relatives in your area but the early Pearces bread like rabbits so it is possible.
Howard did your expert know the name of the company producong mounts and crossmembers for the conversions and could he explain the 1/4" difference in wheelbase :bang:

Yeh,,,but can your Blitz be a metronome...??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRbUiHhcDQo

Gotta love those old machines..

:cheers::remember :support :drunk:

Bob Moseley (RIP) 24-05-09 03:30

Expert

Hi Howard - you were indeed fortunate to meet this CMP expert. What you should have done is to get him to contact Keefy so that Keefy would get the true story on CMPs. He really does need edification.

:D Bob

Keith Webb 24-05-09 05:14

Expert

Wow, I really need to interview him for the next DVD's comedy segment. :rolleyes
I've encountered people like that before, but not for many years. Pure gold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 113993)
Robert,
It is amazing how the experts come out... I had my F15 parked at the local Historical Society open day after Corowa, and was approached by an expert who enlightened me with some amazing facts!
1. Any truck with a cab like mine (#12) was made by Ford, and all the others (cab #13) were Chevs!
1.1 Any 12 cab with a Chev has had the engine retro-fitted! Therefore, the same applies to Ford-powered 13 cabs! (Gee a lot of people went to a lot of trouble, didn't they)
1.2 The Chev is a far superior vehicle owing to its bigger cabin (of course).
2. My F15 has been converted from 4wd, as they never, ever, made 2wd blitz's!
3. The "Ford" (cab 12) was produced during the war years, whereas the "Chev" (cab 13) continued well after.
I tried to help him with some factual information, but, being an expert, he knew his stuff! :teach:
HH

Mike Kelly 24-05-09 05:49

windows

Not forgetting the comments we got at car shows back in the 70's , about blitz's with wind up windows .. :yappy: oh yes ..they had wind up windows for sure :teach:.

Mike Timoshyk 26-05-09 00:28

experts...

Met an expert last week and a local "show and shine".....he said he was in Europe when NATO started painting the vehicles with a camo paint scheme. He said it was the first time Canada ever had vehicles with camo :teach:. No big deal....but when he butted in when someone else had asked a polite question and started ranting about "wanna-bees" :no4: I held my tongue.

cheers

Mike

hrpearce 23-01-10 04:58

1 Attachment(s)
The blitz and I will be working partners for quite a while yet. This is what you get when you miss a years spraying due to a grasshoper plague eating all the leaves off the blackberries leaving nothing to take up the spray. :bang:

hrpearce 27-03-10 22:21

Playtime again

1 Attachment(s)
Drove the Blitz to the Batlow show yesterday and had a nice relaxing day sitting in the shade talking to people I only meet once or twice a year :cheers:

Keith Webb 28-03-10 00:55

Nice one!

That is a very good looking vehicle!

What are the details from the data plates please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 128455)
I too spray weeds for a living up on the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales. I haven't used my blitz for that purpose for years. Instead I have taken my Chev back to its original form - a beach defence truck. It is mostly completed apart from the paint (which I may leave as it is due to remnants of original camo & markings)

Ganmain Tony 28-03-10 01:12

Original

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 128455)
I too spray weeds for a living up on the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales. I haven't used my blitz for that purpose for years. Instead I have taken my Chev back to its original form - a beach defence truck. It is mostly completed apart from the paint (which I may leave as it is due to remnants of original camo & markings)

Wow! What a great looking truck! & very complete, with all the hard to get stuff on it!!!

Guyra Ghost eh? Wouldnt be an old Rugby Player would you??

aj.lec 28-03-10 03:45

A great looking rig you have there Robert .Congratulations :thup2: