MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Happy new year! (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12203)

Keith Webb 31-12-08 11:05

Happy new year!

Well it's less than three hours away here in Melbourne - let's hope that '09 brings better economic times for all.

My new year's resolution is to finish the F15 for Chris by Corowa and it's moving well at this stage - installed the handbrake setup including the linkages.

What are your resolutions?

aj.lec 31-12-08 11:31

Happy New Years to all :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :drunk:
My 2009 be a Healthy ,Happy and Prosperous Year for all :thup2:

For me a very similar resolution -Finish at least one cmp for the year and my 54 ajs 18s but unfortunately it dosent look like the c8 will be ready for corowa 2009:doh:

NORTH-SHORE(CANADA) 31-12-08 11:33

Happy new year
Hop you finish all your project and good health to work on them :salute:
For my resolution finish one of my 5 project :bang:

zemsi 31-12-08 11:57

G'Day all

Here in Europe are still 12 hours on the clock...

My resolution for 09 is to ship the Blitz safely to Switzerland and get her road registred and meet all the Aussie blokes in Normandy. And of course, Year of the Blitz in Corowa :kangaroo :kangaroo

Happy new year :cheers:
Chris

cliff 31-12-08 19:48

0445am and 30C already here in hot Gympie, Queensland

I hope 2009 is financially and Personally an excellent year for you all.

I hope to have my new Orchid venture up and running sussessfully by the end of 2009 and to be able to travel to Melbourne in September to attend the Australian Orchid Conference at Wirrabee along with a couple of other Orchid Events. Maybe I can meet Keefy and a few others while I am there if I go. :)

hrpearce 31-12-08 22:23

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all :cheers: I have to get the C15A ready for Corowa I've told too many people I'll be there :doh: :D :coffee

lynx42 31-12-08 23:25

HAPPY NEW YEAR :cheers: :cheers: :drunk:

I don't make New Year Resolutions as I never keep them. BUT, I am also pushing ahead to get a Blitz to Corowa 09.

Have a good one, all.
Regards Rick ('n' Jill)

Keith Webb 01-01-09 00:16

Orchids

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff (Post 107499)
0445am and 30C already here in hot Gympie, Queensland

I hope 2009 is financially and Personally an excellent year for you all.

I hope to have my new Orchid venture up and running sussessfully by the end of 2009 and to be able to travel to Melbourne in September to attend the Australian Orchid Conference at Wirrabee along with a couple of other Orchid Events. Maybe I can meet Keefy and a few others while I am there if I go. :)

Onya Cliff! :thup2:
Yes, when you come to Werribee take an extra day so we can show you the significant sights around Melbourne.

cliff 01-01-09 01:30

hint hint all & sundry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 107507)
Onya Cliff! :thup2:
Yes, when you come to Werribee take an extra day so we can show you the significant sights around Melbourne.

I will Keith as I'd like to catch up with you guys down there.

Another 2009 wish of mine is too get all the photos for the MLU calendar early so I don't have to rush it like the 2009 one :D

Rookie 01-01-09 01:36

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU MLU"s

Had a great New Year bash on the neighbouring farm, ate a million paua (Abalone to you northerners) and other heaps of feral meats and offal, unfortunately something must have upset my balance as I fell over a fence, assisted by a horse and sustained some injuries, never felt a thing until this morning when I had to get up for work.

New Years Resolution, DONT CLIMB A FENCE WHILE INCAPACITATED AND BEING ASSISTED BY A HORSE AS A STOOL.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL ROOKIE

Snowy 01-01-09 03:29

Happy New Year all,
My New Year's resolution is to help a friend out with getting the only surviving wartime Australian Army Weasel up and running for its intended debut at the Bundy Swim-In this June. There are approximately 125.7 metric craploads of work to be done on it before then. Just about everything - hull, suspension, bogies, steering, motor, gearbox and more needs to be dealt with.

The amazing thing is we have good tracks ready to go on (and the correct 15" ones at that), so for once in a Weasel's life the most difficult items are not an issue. The hull is being rebuilt by grafting the remains of another hull on to the back.
http://202.63.50.228/gallery2/main.p...3168&g2_page=2

Wish us luck!

Steve.

Bob Moseley (RIP) 02-01-09 00:45

Hi all from God's Country here. Happy New Year from Ada & myself. Resolution, get Phoenix to 2009 Corowa and have all the Oz Carriers with new rubbers on their wheels.

:thup2: Salesman Bob

Jeff Gordon 02-01-09 13:02

1 Attachment(s)
I too have too many projects and too little time.
Last years resolution was to finish the Diamond T and I came so close. :doh:
This year I'm not making one, just going to plod along and see what happens.
Although I have said that I will float the jeep in a tarp at the Bundy swim-in. :confused
Have a great year everyone!!
Cheers
Jeff

Howard 04-01-09 00:01

Hny

HNY to all...
My new year's resolution is to not make any more resolutions.
Will be working to get the F15 to Corowa, as well as Ganmain Tony's F60L!
A divorce seems to be getting closer... :nono:
HH

Col Tigwell 04-01-09 06:43

You can send her to me, if she finished with you. Grin.

Seriously a great lady, pleasing on the eye, and I expect she gives you loads of support.

All the best in the new year to you all.

Regards

Col

Howard 05-01-09 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Tigwell (Post 107637)
You can send her to me, if she finished with you. Grin.

Seriously a great lady, pleasing on the eye, and I expect she gives you loads of support.

All the best in the new year to you all.

Regards

Col

We'll talk at Corowa...

Keith Webb 05-01-09 19:59

Wife swapping

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 107681)
We'll talk at Corowa...

Has Jo seen this? :confused :eek:

You may be coming to Corowa in a coffin!

Tony Smith 06-01-09 11:02

"Corowa 2009 - Year of the Hearse"

Howard 06-01-09 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 107694)
Has Jo seen this? :confused :eek:

You may be coming to Corowa in a coffin!

Ummm... Jo Who?

Snowy 07-01-09 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Gordon (Post 107562)
Although I have said that I will float the jeep in a tarp at the Bundy swim-in.

Jeff
For me, the great things about this are
(a) I will be videoing the antics of getting the jeep to float
(b) It's not my jeep being floated
and
(c) Should step (b) turn out unsuccessful, there will be an interesting collection of vehicles (LVT4, DUKW, GPAs and hopefully the Kenworth Wrecker) available ready to recover your jeep from Davy Jones Locker :)

Steve.