MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   Parts/Sources/Prices (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How to ship parts to the USA? (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25077)

Robin Craig 09-01-16 15:19

How to ship parts to the USA?

With the current dollar exchange our parts are attractive to US buyers.

Does anyone have a freight company they use for big lumpy bits on pallets?

I have a couple of pallets to go to different places and am trying to get a sensible rate.

PM or email or post here

Thanks

Peter Phillips 09-01-16 17:56

I've heard of folks using a service called 'U-Ship' or something like that. My only concern would be the cross border issue. I suspect most of operators are bonded to cross on a regular basis. Good luck!

chris vickery 12-01-16 17:33

U ship works great. Typically for items I have purchased from the USA I have them dropped at a US point near the border and go get it myself to save the brokerage hassles.
The are however, many carriers that will quote door to door service including brokerage services, Customs and tax fees.
I would think Canadian companies are available as well to ship south.
U ship is easy to use and is kind of like eBay for shippers- they bid your load and you pick the terms, price etc.
I had a large transmission sent from AL to Niagara Falls, NY for about $150USD

Robin Craig 13-01-16 22:54

Great replies, I need someone to quote and then my purchaser acept the quote and pay up for it all, so maybe I will get the buyer to do the request for quote process.

Robin

chris vickery 13-01-16 23:20

Robin, thats the easiest way. Let the buyer deal directly with their choice of carriers and make the arrangements. The only thing left to you will be to load the carrier with the product on your end. Hastle free.

Jack Innes 17-01-16 20:22

Robin,

If you were willing to drop the shipment on the US side you might ask your buyer to check with Fastenall. They have developed a shipping service between their stores. The "hit & miss" engine collectors seem to be satisfied with the service. They seem to be reasonable & reliable from most reports. Fastenall will not take cross border shipments though.

Jack

Jacques Reed 20-01-16 06:49

How to ship parts from the US to Australia

This may be of some help for those people Down under wanting to get parts shipped to them from US businesses that do not offer overseas shipping.

Australia Post has a service called ShopMate which acts as a freight receiver in the US for those items then forwards them to your Australian address. Base cost is about $27 Aus for a 500g package.

There are a few other similar businesses out there doing the same but mainly based in the US so at least by using Australia Post you are dealing with a local in the event of any hiccup.

I must admit I haven't used it yet but it may come in handy at some stage.

Hope this is of some help and interest.

ozm29c 20-01-16 23:13

Only in the US of A

Some years ago I took advantage of our AUD/USD$$$$$ exchange rate and sold some surplus Weasel parts that I had here in Australia, back to a fellow in the US of A. The deal went smoothly and the goods were shipped. The purchaser made all of the arrangements for the shipping. I had hoped that the transaction was now finalised. Not so!
Some time later (months) I had not heard or received a receipt advice from the purchaser let alone any contact whatsoever, which I thought was unusual. Almost simultaneously I received advice from both the shipping company and the sister of the purchaser. The sister had contacted me to say that her brother had passed away and what should she do with the shipment that was still in the shipping companies USA holding yard. At the same time the shipping company sent me a bill for the shipping as they had not received payment from the purchaser. I googled the purchasers name and found that he had been shot dead in a shoot-out with the local constabulary over a dispute with the municipal weed sprayer. Seems he did not agree with the weed spraying and the story reads that he pulled a gun and told the weed sprayer where to go. The rest of the story is history now. I contacted my solicitor and he polity told the shipping company where to go. However there was good that came out of bad. The sister of the deceased said that the family had no interest in the Weasel parts and to dispose of the parts as I ( :eek:) saw fit????? The shipping company only wanted their money. I put a notice up on the weasel forum and one fellow came forward, paid the shipping and took delivery of the shipment. Life was not meant to be easy at times. Cheers
John W.

George McKenzie 01-02-16 00:25

shipping to the USA

Check with customs first as things have changed this past year .If it has a serial # you might need a broker and wait 72 hours .They told me that no military things cross the boarder .I have bought a lot of things from the US ,no gst and fast service, and now the last small part I got ,$88 ,I got a bill 40 days later for $112 .It is a good thing to ship in a close container instead of a flat pallet as you could get some things lost .