MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   For Sale: Universal Carrier Vol3 (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17135)

Nigel Watson 30-08-11 21:23

Universal Carrier Vol3

1 Attachment(s)
Last in the series of my books on the Universal Carrier is now out and can be ordered from www.universalcarrierbook.co.uk. This volume includes a Drawing Archive with over 70 drawings.

Nigel

Marc van Aalderen 30-08-11 21:46

Hello All,

I bought Nigels book at War & Peace and can highly recommend it. Same clear lay-out as the first two volumes with lots of great photo's. Got the series complete now too. :D

Cheers,

Hans Mulder 31-08-11 18:06

Any special pricing if you buy the whole set?

Ron Pier 31-08-11 23:01

Well the index panel didn't come up for me?? I'm not able to order Vol 3 on line. I'll try again tomorrow? Ron

Nigel Watson 01-09-11 00:01

Whole set price

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Mulder (Post 152240)
Any special pricing if you buy the whole set?

Hi Hans
No special price for the whole set as yet. Am trying to keep prices down as the shipping has been awful. There will be a special price for the set later on when my stocks are nearly gone and these will come as a presentation pack. They will cost more than buying them know.

Nigel

Nigel Watson 01-09-11 00:04

Index Panel Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Pier (Post 152251)
Well the index panel didn't come up for me?? I'm not able to order Vol 3 on line. I'll try again tomorrow? Ron

Hi Ron
Only had one other person that that happened to. Firefox browser works fine it just seems to be certain Explorer versions that don't!. If you continue having problems let me know and I can send you a paypal invoice instead, if you let me know your order.

Nigel

Scrivo18 01-09-11 01:30

I have just ordered my copy :-)

Tim

Ron Pier 01-09-11 07:49

Nope I chucked another log on the steam generator, but nuffink!!
I haven't got Vol 3 yet Nigel. So can you send me a paypal bill. Let me know if you need my email address. I think you have it.

Ron

gordon 01-09-11 13:53

Nigel please note .....

I'm copying this across from the HMVF page...

Quote:

Now Nigel Watson may be wondering why he's not getting too many sales of his third volume into the USA. The 'Roman Cart' ordering system on his site has a state selection button ... but no drop-down US state list. But if you bypass this entry, it pops up at the end and says to enter a valid state (which it won't let you do!) and you cannot continue with the order as a result.

Can someone who has an email link to Mr Watson please let him know? I wish to order the volume, but ...... well, see above.

Mike C
Colbert WA, USA

Stewart Loy 01-09-11 17:48

Worth the Bother?

Yes!!

The smallish annoyance of international business is offset entirely by the quality of the book. It is full of stories, pictures and all manner of Carrier stuff. A serious collection is incomplete without it. Nigel has done another terrific job with this latest effort.

Mine came in 2 days from Scotland - I wish the Canada Post would get stuff to me that fast.

Stewart

Nigel Watson 01-09-11 19:36

Looking into it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordon (Post 152276)
I'm copying this across from the HMVF page...
-----------------------------------------------------

Now Nigel Watson may be wondering why he's not getting too many sales of his third volume into the USA. The 'Roman Cart' ordering system on his site has a state selection button ... but no drop-down US state list. But if you bypass this entry, it pops up at the end and says to enter a valid state (which it won't let you do!) and you cannot continue with the order as a result.

Can someone who has an email link to Mr Watson please let him know? I wish to order the volume, but ...... well, see above.

Mike C
Colbert WA, USA

Thanks for letting me know about the wee glitch and am looking into it. In the meantime for all those having this problem just pm your email to me and I'll send a Paypal invoice for your order. Let me know your order details please ie shipping address and a telephone no. as the courier service I use ask for that. They also ask for Company Address but I put in Universal Carriers for that! Its becoming a big organisation!!lol

Thanks
Nigel

horsa 02-09-11 05:00

Have my copy of VOL III to complete the set here in the USA. There is no better or more comprehensive reference detailing all of the various pattern British and Commonwealth Universal Carriers, including the T-16 being a USA-built vehicle. Can't recommend it enough. :thup2:

People that don't jump on these while they are available will regret it when they go out of print. Limited print runs often take a very long time to be printed again due to the startup cost. And in some cases, never happen again.

D Ellery 02-09-11 11:02

Received Nigels Carrier Vol 3 this week via Lynn Eades our local distributor. I agree with Horsa , if you don't complete the set you'll be kicking yourself. A fantastic series with loads of information and historical photo's and records. I look forward to the website opening up in the near future. Well done Nigel.

Nigel Watson 02-09-11 11:55

Site update

I think the problem with ordering from the US has been fixed. Can someone order again who was having problems please! (Now that's a cheap way of getting a book order!).

Thanks for the reviews guys. Now apart from some other information I will put up on the website, when I manage to overcome some teething problems with that, hence the delay, you all now have all the information that I have. I hope you enjoy picking up the volumes and reading something you haven't read before. That's what I do, and I wrote it!!

Nigel

Lynn Eades 02-09-11 12:03

David

The only thing wrong is that you and your carrier should have been in there, especially with what you've achieved, from where you started.
Then I think about a few others that should have been in there...... Nigel, would you like to put a Vol.IV. together?

Ron Pier 02-09-11 14:07

Forget about the Yanks Nigel. What about those of us who live in Poole? :)

Ron

Nigel Watson 02-09-11 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Pier (Post 152328)
Forget about the Yanks Nigel. What about those of us who live in Poole? :)

Ron

Poole? Is that in England?!! Just kidding!
Ron send me the details of the problem and I'll see if its something my end or the servers.

Someone else had the problem of the index panel not showing and someone else said that solution maybe to ensure that the page is reloading completely and not partly using whats already stored on your computer. Whilst holding down ctrl key press F5 key and I am told that ensures the page loads completely from scratch.

I'm sending you a Paypal invoice.

No volume 4 I'm afraid Lynn, but hope to have others on the web page.

Nigel

Hans Mulder 02-09-11 18:19

I'll have to order the complete set next payday... Can't wait!

D Ellery 03-09-11 00:28

Maybe Nigels website could have a page dedicated just for the restorations out there. The same as at the end of Vol 3, what they looked like as found with some background history, pictures of the rebuild and what they look like today. I know MLU covers restorations but sometimes you have to trawl through the Carrier forum (which is fascinating in itself) to find that particular picture of that stage of your resto for comparison. Just a thought. I missed the dead line for Nigels book due to computer breakdowns = teenagers.

Nigel Watson 03-09-11 14:04

Good idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by D Ellery (Post 152345)
Maybe Nigels website could have a page dedicated just for the restorations out there. The same as at the end of Vol 3, what they looked like as found with some background history, pictures of the rebuild and what they look like today. I know MLU covers restorations but sometimes you have to trawl through the Carrier forum (which is fascinating in itself) to find that particular picture of that stage of your resto for comparison. Just a thought. I missed the dead line for Nigels book due to computer breakdowns = teenagers.

I was sorry not to have been able to include yours David in Vol3 as I had heard much about it. The web site will include a chapter the same as volume 3 has. In fact the website will have all the chapters from all the volumes, that is the plan anyway, as well as a special drawing archive and carrier register. Hopefully.

Nigel

D Ellery 03-09-11 23:43

Thanks Nigel. Again great job on the books, Also love the personal contribution at the front of each Vol, adds that human dimension to these wonderful machines. Cheers David.

Seatyger 12-12-11 21:18

Universal Carriers- Works

I just received my volumes in the mail today! Absolutely fantastic and worth every cent. Even the Calendar is solid each month! Actually beautiful as the girls are more shapely than solid!

I was a bit leery at first ordering stuff sight unseen with the exception of the front covers. Nigel you've done a terrific job.

Unfortunately I will have read them prior to Christmas....

If I am ever fortunate enough to be in your neighbourhood, the first dozen are on me.

Jim :cheers: