MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Softskin Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   my latest buy (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9489)

Max Hedges 08-09-07 13:49

my latest buy

1 Attachment(s)
I think its 20 kva 3 phase with a 110 volt generator on the top

Max Hedges 08-09-07 13:51

1 Attachment(s)
another photo

Max Hedges 08-09-07 13:54

1 Attachment(s)
another

Max Hedges 08-09-07 14:04

1 Attachment(s)
the radiator could be from a carrier
Rusty old trucks do you think you can make this thing work, would be good to take camping to run the fridge
Max

Plushy 08-09-07 14:53

Nice Find Max the radiator looks just like the one that is in my Blitz , i was told and i dont know how right this is but there is a Standard radiator and a Desert type ? could it be a Desert type ?

Alex Blair (RIP) 08-09-07 18:24

Re: my latest buy

Quote:

Originally posted by Max Hedges
I think its 20 kva 3 phase with a 110 volt generator on the top
Nice find Max..
The "H" series and many other of the machinery trucks had a 7.5 KVA 110V DC power supply panel that was fed from an outside source,many gen sets on trailers..Check the output of your 110V generator and make sure it is AC ..not DC or you will have warm beer..
You would have 110V AC from the generator as it comes off the field windings and then into a converter to give you athe 110V DC...If you can find the input terminals to the converter you should have AC power there..
Or there may be 110V AC directly off the generator and the converter is allready removed..
I'd check it out for you but I'll need longer meter leads..
Nice find..You got the makings of a nice C 15 KL welder there ..
Beauty..!!

:remember :drunk: :support

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 08-09-07 18:32

This would be a good time to interject with Dumb Question® No.172... aren't the Aussies on a 240v mains system like most of the uncivilised world? If so, 110v AC won't actually keep the beer cold either... :eek:

Alex Blair (RIP) 08-09-07 19:13

Upside down too...

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
This would be a good time to interject with Dumb Question® No.172... aren't the Aussies on a 240v mains system like most of the uncivilised world? If so, 110v AC won't actually keep the beer cold either... :eek:
Jeez Jif..Those buggers have a whole lot of strikes agin them...Drive on the wrong side of the road...talk funny...voltage on the beer fridge that would fry a half pissed refrigeration mechanic,such as myself...mean snakes ..poisoneous spiders..cane toads....things that bight and sting the crap out of you the instant you dip your toe in the water...stuff that they eat that would remove paint and rust..the horrible "V" word..and they are upside down after all that....

BUT....They have this that makes it all ok...Lets hear it for the Diggers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ6a...elated&search=

:salute: :drunk: :remember :support

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 08-09-07 19:28

Re: Upside down too...

Quote:

Originally posted by Alex Blair
BUT....They have this that makes it all ok...Lets hear it for the Diggers...
There's a reason I said I didn't want to leave... there's a whole lot more where she came from, Alex! Must be something in the food... :sheep:

:drunk: :salute: :thup2:

cliff 08-09-07 21:47

Re: Re: Upside down too...

Quote:

There's a reason I said I didn't want to leave... there's a whole lot more where she came from, Alex! Must be something in the food... :sheep:

:drunk: :salute: :thup2:

Naaaa....it's all that red dust in the air and it is there even if you can't see it! :)

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 08-09-07 22:24

And hot air too, Cliffy, by the sounds of it... :p

Keith Webb 08-09-07 22:34

Something in the food?

Yes, it's that thing Alex mentioned starting with 'V' and ending on an Aussie's toast.

As for our voltage - of course ours is superior - ask any Englishman - 240v 50Hz, not the insipid 110/60 some countries have - even our TV is better with many more lines of resolution, and although I hate to have to remind you types again, if CMPs are right-hand drive then isn't that the way things were meant to be? Hmmmm?

Then I could go in with how long it takes to boil a kettle, how much less copper we need to use in our power cables, the list could go on and on.;)

BTW, Nice find, Max! If you post some pics of the radiator we'll soon tell you whether it fits a carrier, although it doesn't appear to be one from what can be seen so far.

colin jones 08-09-07 22:50

radiator

Hi max, by the look of the radiator, I think it is a tropical one.
Also it has the angle outlets at the bottom, angle finns on the sides. Fan in the genny and youv'e even got the shroud. Me thinks you got a good beauty.:thup2:
Regards
Colin Jones.

cliff 09-09-07 00:17

Quote:

And hot air too, Cliffy, by the sounds of it... :p
Jif you forgot to mention the smell as well...you know the air smells like bull fertiliser :D

Max Hedges 09-09-07 03:57

I'll have another look at the top of the radiator as I am pretty sure it has had a short over flow pipe with a nut on it that has been straightened and extended.
Max

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 09-09-07 05:08

Quote:

Originally posted by cliff
Jif you forgot to mention the smell as well...you know the air smells like bull fertiliser :D
Of course! Yeeeesss....... come to think of it, that seemed to follow me around down there, can't for the life of me understand it... :confused :giveup

Max Hedges 09-09-07 05:58

bull fertiliser

1 Attachment(s)
Jiff ready with the bucket :D

sth65pac 09-09-07 07:01

Voltage

"I think its 20 kva 3 phase with a 110 volt generator"

Max,

post a close up photo of the meter panel & one of the placard on the generator. I notice there the little one on top may be 240VAC, the larger direct drive generator is mostlikely 110VAC.

Its not hard to invert 110AC to 240AC either. Especially with 3 phase. Plenty of OOmph!

You could light half of Yass with that Genny!

Ian

cliff 09-09-07 08:09

Re: bull fertiliser

Quote:

Max did you forget to tell him it is easier if you sit the bucket on the ground then sit on it rather then trying to get the fertiliser in the bucket standing up :D

Richard Notton 09-09-07 09:58

Re: Something in the food?

Quote:

Originally posted by Keith Webb
Yes, it's that thing Alex mentioned starting with 'V' and ending on an Aussie's toast.
Or M and ends on an Englishman's toast.
Quote:

As for our voltage - of course ours is superior - ask any Englishman - 240v 50Hz, not the insipid 110/60 some countries have
Absolutely, let's have some mains grunt, all 3kW a socket of it. 175 countries use real 240v mains, 39 wimps have the namby-pamby 110v; and some 53 countries use the robust, fused, British 13A mains plug.

Quote:

- even our TV is better with many more lines of resolution,
And in 2008 we get 16:9, 1080p HD digital TV everywhere to say nothing of the advert free BBC1, 2, 3 and 4.
Quote:

and although I hate to have to remind you types again, if CMPs are right-hand drive then isn't that the way things were meant to be? Hmmmm?
Quite so, and your sword hand is free to ward off footpads and blackguards from the opposite direction.

Quote:

Then I could go in with how long it takes to boil a kettle, how much less copper we need to use in our power cables, the list could go on and on.;)
Using my 3kW kettle, just 80 secs for 0.5L from stone cold out of the 6ft deep mains water pipe.

Can't be doing with advance notice for tea and a severe case of Ghandi's flip-flop.

R.

Max Hedges 09-09-07 11:05

info

1 Attachment(s)
does this help

Max Hedges 09-09-07 11:11

1 Attachment(s)
top of radiator

Max Hedges 09-09-07 11:14

this time

1 Attachment(s)
try this one

Max Hedges 09-09-07 11:16

Re: Re: bull fertiliser

Quote:

Originally posted by cliff
Max did you forget to tell him it is easier if you sit the bucket on the ground then sit on it rather then trying to get the fertiliser in the bucket standing up :D
I wasn't game to look in the bucket
Max

aj.lec 09-09-07 11:41

aussie

dont worry max youve got a good aussie /pommy genset(415/240) not the anemic yank version(220/110)
that will run the beer fridge and anything up to about 28 amps per phase
if you can keep the fuel up to it :cheers:

sth65pac 09-09-07 13:32

"dont worry max you've got a good aussie /pommy genset(415/240) not the anemic yank v

Yep,

Andrew is right,

You can run half of Yass and all your appliances on that genny.

Ian

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 09-09-07 18:52

Re: bull fertiliser

Quote:

If you look carefully, you'll note that Emma's babies are actually paying attention as SUNRAY addresses them, something seemingly unique amongst Australians in general. I suppose I can't blame them, though, stuck away on the other side of the world as they are, and upside-down to-boot. Must be terribly confusing. Mind you, :thup2: for their two-legged livestock and even their :sheep: are friendly, I suppose to compensate. It all evens out in the end (hence the bucket, you missed a treat, Max!). :p

I'd like to be able to reveal details of the discourse between the calves and I, but then I'd have to :no4: you... :)

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

:D

Jif

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 09-09-07 18:58

Re: Re: Something in the food?

Quote:

Originally posted by Richard Notton
Using my 3kW kettle, just 80 secs for 0.5L from stone cold out of the 6ft deep mains water pipe.

Can't be doing with advance notice for tea and a severe case of Ghandi's flip-flop.

R.

I was wondering how long it would take you to rub that in... :mad: .... er, excuse me, I've got to go see what's keeping my kettle, I'm thirsty after all this genius-level discourse... :coffee

Keith Webb 09-09-07 20:46

Re: this time

Quote:

try this one
Max, the carrier one has a 90 degree bend not far from the filler taking it backwards. There are also clamps for throttle and choke cables mounted on the rear. The bottom outlets are also lower than a blitz.

Richard Notton 09-09-07 22:33

Re: Re: Re: Something in the food?

Quote:

I was wondering how long it would take you to rub that in... :mad: .... er, excuse me, I've got to go see what's keeping my kettle, I'm thirsty after all this genius-level discourse... :coffee
Absolutely. Incidentally are you straining efficiently?

A fait la petite boîte arrivent sans risque?

το μικρό κιβώτιο έφθασε ακίνδυνα?

сделал маленькую коробку приезжайте безопасн? See Ball (W)(jr) for this one.

I think I need a brew myself now, just 80 secs. . . . . . .

R.